Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Billy Graham

13»

Comments

• Options
    dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry if I crossed the line here guys.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawfanfromalabam said:

You’re good my man. I don’t even remember what you said and haven’t even back track the thread. It was a discussion and I’m sure nothing that was said in this thread is worth losing sleep over.

• Options
    dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:

@dawfanfromalabam said:

You’re good my man. I don’t even remember what you said and haven’t even back track the thread. It was a discussion and I’m sure nothing that was said in this thread is worth losing sleep over.

Thanks bud. I do want to clarify. The preacher I mentioned that had the affair with the married women he was counseling was a relative, so it hit home for me.

• Options
    ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think it's time for the Mods to ban religion posts. For some of you, some of us don't believe in what you believe in and could careless. You need to take harder look at your boy. Not all you think he was cracked up to be. I come to this board for UGA sports.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    The worst is when these guys have million dollar personages they don’t pay taxes on. Reminds me of my grandfather as a baptist minister in this tiny home steps from the church that could fit inside some of these garages

Graham wasn't poor, but his home in Montreat was far from a mansion.
    That was his wife's doing, she built it out of salvaged materials in the 1950s while Billy was filling stadiums.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawfanfromalabam said:

@JRT812 said:

@dawfanfromalabam said:

Thanks bud. I do want to clarify. The preacher I mentioned that had the affair with the married women he was counseling was a relative, so it hit home for me.

Unfortunately, that story is common no matter the type of work. People lose their way for either a brief moment or for a longer time. Life can be confusing and hard. Often both happen at the same time.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:

@dawfanfromalabam said:

@JRT812 said:

@dawfanfromalabam said:

Unfortunately, that story is common no matter the type of work. People lose their way for either a brief moment or for a longer time. Life can be confusing and hard. Often both happen at the same time.

Sometimes a culture is just rotten from the beginning.
    I worked with and for Bob Jones University people for 6 years and they use young women like concubines. There was a 20 year old newly wed who was basically there to service the men in the office.
    It started at the top, Bob Jones took his son's wife whenever he wanted to and Jr never publicly complained.
    I've never heard anything unsavory about Graham though.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

@greshamdisco said:
    And UGAforever “Flags” my post praising Billy Graham as inappropriate? Geez. This world is upside down.

Being an unsavory troll is kind of his MO

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

@ugaforever said:
    I think it's time for the Mods to ban religion posts. For some of you, some of us don't believe in what you believe in and could careless. You need to take harder look at your boy. Not all you think he was cracked up to be. I come to this board for UGA sports.

If only there was some way to not click on the link and read it. Maybe the mods can add that function

• Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@ugaforever said:

If only there was some way to not click on the link and read it. Maybe the mods can add that function

Kasey, I try not to click on posts that I don’t want to read but just cannot control myself.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AndersonDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@ugaforever said:

Kasey, I try not to click on posts that I don’t want to read but just cannot control myself.

Has CMR lost control of your self-control?