Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The Braves drafted a potential #1 starter last night...

13»

Comments

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

instead of Suzuki..

I'm still not clear on whether they'll be restricted on how much they can pay out on draft picks next year. Not having the full allotment to spend is why they low balled Stewart and why he chose to go to college.
    I know the team will still be restricted in it's international dealings in 2019 and 2020, but whether it has the ability to pay 2 players early 1st rd market value is something I haven't been able to learn so far.

I think/thought that the Braves only restrictions on what they can spend was in the international market. That is going to put a large dent in their farm system for a few years. They'll have to go more with college type players than their preferred route of signing HS kids. I think this goof-up in signing this wonderful prospect had mostly to do with medical issues. If they tried to lowball him as much as reported, it was pretty dumb.