Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@texdawg , I’ve said this to a few people, and it’s obviously a feeling, not a science or even a very informed opinion. I see Milton, and I see a pretty high floor guy, but he looks like to me that he might be like many of Bama’s have been over the past 10 years, which is to say “very effective” without being absolutely elite. Other than Derrick Henry, would any of you guys take any other Bama guy over Gurley, Chubb, Michel, or Swift? Richardson and Ingram were great behind an absolutely elite OL. Drake and Yeldon were really good. Both the Harris’s were very solid and Scarborough was okay. Jacobs was really good, but he doesn’t fit into that 5 star/high 4 star archetype like Milton does. I want to see a true RBU and OLU to be UGA at the same time.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good point. A 5 yard thumper will go a long way in our offense behind the GWOG. We will get the homerun guy too.

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That makes sense. Most on here haven't had that much access to players. My bad.

Although I may disagree with your North Shore opinion. I thought they were really good. But you've seen them much more than I have.

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Your evaluation may very well prove correct. I guess I just have a difficult time evaluating or giving opinions on players with such limited information.

I base much on who Georgia really wants. And I admit I rely on @SoFL_Dawg for that info.

Now, I had an educated evaluation of Lewis Cine because of all the game film I had of him because of common opponents.

• Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@texdawgYeah, I mean, you’re definitely not wrong. Honestly, I’m splitting hairs too. Milton definitely looks like a top 5 back in this class to me...I’m just not absolutely sold on his upside.

But it’s not something I feel very strongly about. I’m not going to get worked up about it...it’s just a fun thing to discuss...if that makes sense.

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With how well UGA is recruiting the offensive line Jim Chaney could average 5 YPC. After 2019 we are losing Swift & Herrien. Both can take it between the tackles but prefer to bounce it to the outside and make guys miss in open space. Swift is the perfect blend of Thunder & Lightning and will be the top RB in 2020 Draft. We need both Milton & Evans, but IMO we need Evans more. If we get Milton instead of Evans in this class, our only home run hitter (lightning) for 2020 is Cook (who as of right now is still unproven). I wanna guy that isn't gonna get caught once he gets past the second level. I don't want to take a guy like Milton who will never become that guy and could potentially eat his way out of the RB room (not saying he will ONLY that he could) over a home run threat every time he touches the ball (Swift) like Evans. My ideal 2020 RB haul would be Evans and Lloyd/Chaney/Milton/Bigsby/Robinson in that order.

• Options

Let me just reiterate that I am no expert, but from the highlights available to the public, I see a kid way bigger than anyone else, on a team that is pretty good outside of him. I just think that the SEC game is gonna hit him way harder than some of the other backs I mentioned that play better competition on a consistent basis. Honestly when I'm watching highlight tapes I watch some of the player, but I try to focus on everything but the player. I look at how the WRs block, the angles that the LBs & DBs take.

• Options
    SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Speed and testing numbers aren't everything as we all know. Le'Veon Bell is a prime example. 4.6 at the combine among some other unimpressive numbers all at 230 lbs.

The trained eyes of Dell are much more reliable.

• Options
    edited May 2019

I would be thrilled if we signed BOTH Milton and Evans, but my original post on this topic was in reference to an either/or situation. I know Milton's dad is ripped, and I don't expect him to eat his way out of the position (especially with UGAs excellent S&C staff). I was just using the possibility of it happening and the circumstantial evidence of what we are expected to lose from this years team and thus the type of back we will NEED to recruit in order to fill that void to support my belief that Evans should be top priority over Milton. I think McIntosh will be a great 1-2 Thunder punch with Zeus in 2020. Also I like McIntosh's ceiling better than Miltons. Once again this is just my opinion, and we are all entitled to our own opinions, and obviously mine differs from the general consensus on this one, which is fine.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now you're saying that "you don't expect him to eat his way out of the position," but when I go back and look you mentioned on the last two pages alone that he could eat his way out of the position, or gain too much weight, three different times. That's why people are questioning you.

• Options
    edited May 2019

could is a key word there. I never said would or will. calm down Teddy.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm perfectly calm, just pointing out a complete 180 in your statements.

• Options

not a 180. saying there is a possibility of something happening is not an endorsement that it will happen.

This discussion has been closed.