Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JRob will move up the rankings during his senior season. You can save this and throw it back at me when im wrong.

If i recall correctly,He transferred schools and had to sit out, then was injured which effected his tape, thus his ranking. Senior year will change some minds in the recruiting Industry.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If we're going to be REALLY honest, none of us can really evaluate this class, and I don't mean just because we don't do it for a living. Outside of Rosemy, the industry itself doesn't know much about our #1 and #3 targets.

I'm going to assume that JRob really IS all the staff thinks he is but there isn't a ton of statistical evidence. Young Megatron sounds great, though I'm kinda guessing this isn't the first WR coming out of a GA high school to ever get that comp..and who said that again? But, it is what it is. I trust them to have moved so early and decisively.

Rosemy: I don't like the Ridley comp but he's a guy from a very good program with production in big games who lots of teams coveted so I'm pretty happy with that.

Wren: what's been said by myself and a few others. Safe to say a pretty big question mark.

Again, not being ungrateful or calling for anyone's job, but you have to admit that objectively, this class is a pretty big question mark and is putting a lot of faith in Kirby's/Hankton's judgement. Not saying their judgement isn't the best, but if we had settled on say, Tank Bigsby, the RB out Cedartown, and an undersized 3 star scatback for developmental purposes as our RB class would y'all get mad if anyone dared to question it?

So I'd say it has the potential to be a great class..of course to me it seems like "potential" could be the one word best used to describe most of our WR room right now. YMMV.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What is the total receptions of those 8? I know 7 of them have zero, not sure on Bush. That's what concerns me. They may prove to be good but would feel better if there were more top 50 players in the group. My money is on Rosemy, Blaylock, Pickens and Jackson to save the day.

• jusdowelljusdowell Posts: 148 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Rosemy reminds me of recent wideouts. A mix of Riley and JJ
  • VirginiaDawgVirginiaDawg Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

I apologize for my Forum ignorance, but what is a DSGB? I know I'm going to feel gator when I see the answer.

Of course it’s not about stars but I read on here that the relationship with henning was mutual and it’s mom approved so all I’m saying is why take wren when you could have henning or is there something else to it 
  • Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    DSGB - Down South Georgia Boy
    I have no problem with the possible addition of wren hopefully he has a better a career than McKenzie and mecole 
  • Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One final question. Would you take a chance on offering Gilbert a WR spot if that is the only reason he is going to UT (if that's where he ends up) versus Wren? I would and not just for the rankings.

• umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

rolls eyes

Mecole never rescheduled his potential, but he was very good for us...come on...someone has to return kicks and punts.

McKenzie was reliable and good for us.

Wren is faster than both. We’re not going to get the best player at every single position and we got a #1 last year with two other very good receivers. Blaylock is going to at least have one big play this year.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's true. IF you take it as a fact that Wren is not only going to return kicks as a freshman, but that he's going to be an every down WR in the future.

He could also not pan out and be taking up a scholarship while Flowe or Sewell stars for another team enroute to the NFL. Those are the predictions the scouting services are making. We'll not find out who's right for awhile.

I'm actually a lot cooler with it looking at it as @SoFL_Dawg put it: they wanted a specific type of guy and I guess didn't feel like they could get the first choice. That makes sense.

But according to him, Wren wasn't even the staff's first choice so I guess I don't get all the chestthumping, outlandish comps, and star predictions about a guy that noone knows much about other than his speed.

Is everyone just trying to talk themselves into the guy?

This discussion has been closed.