Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    Mia_Dade06Mia_Dade06 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kinda feel like since we are recruiting nationally now, if you are reaching into far west states such as Utah, Arizona , And California, you take the player who is ready to commit if they are of equal talent. I feel Flowe is of equal talent as Sewell, or could be just as impactful in our defense. Both will be great players. If we had the chance to take Flowe even if the position is a luxury and not of necessity, gotta sting A little bit.

Even in a full class , if Flowe isn’t an immediate take for us, then I’m very optimistic about the signees that are coming toward us. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA could still end with 5 Five Star commits (should be 6 but Milton dropped for some reason 🙄)

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I didn't like tape of Flowe. He reminds me of what is criticized on LeCounte. I wanted Sewell cause he has a different body and with the UGA D can effectively plug. Not too many ILB built like a DE. Oh well onto Barrett and Mondon (if possible Blackshire from TX is similar to Sewell) from the 21 class.

• Options
    LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, I gotta wonder if a guy that thinks/acts like that would be a good fit at UGA. If you don’t like facing guys who are equal to you (or better), Athens is not the place for you.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just a thought so feel free to tell me it’s dumb, but was our big game in terms of OVs and exposure(ND) being so early in the season maybe a bit of a negative?

I’m obviously not saying it shouldn’t have been, but since we’re now in on so many guys who are both stringing out their commitments AND guys from across the country who can’t just drive over for an unofficial, did it end up hurting in terms of momentum?

I feel like in the past when it wasn’t all top 2 at their position players as targets, there could have been a string of commitments immediately after the ND game that established some momentum.

Instead it kinda feels like we heard about a bunch of guys who probably would have committed if they weren’t big-time guys planning to wait for a big announcement on SD or at an all star game who have been using the time since to possibly have their minds changed on more recent OVs.

I guess what I’m getting at in a roundabout way is: due to timing and the caliber of guys we’re still in for, did the Dawgs kinda shoot a bit early and are struggling to maintain momentum now? We’re not the hot new program on the block anymore either which doesn’t help. 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    kurganofprussiakurganofprussia Posts: 548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What is the highest Safety commit that we might could in on?? I see Kimber and Ringo as both CB, and S makes me nervous.

@SoFL_Dawg , is there any chance we can get back in on a kid like Eric Reed, or Jadarius McKinight?? Or even a Javier Morton, an in-state kid?? Or are they too low on the BPA rankings...

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    dawgnation7dawgnation7 Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Heard the same, is he here today?

• Options
    jbdawg03jbdawg03 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2019
This discussion has been closed.