Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Will The Braves go after Machado ?....should they ?....

13»

Comments

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgsofWar said:
    I think Bravos beats out the Red Sox for Moose for a 3B. Bravos can make a playoff push and with a solid 3B in Moose for a rental, this would give Bravos some more time to develop Riley.

I'm not sure Riley will be the "answer". He's hurt a lot and strikes out a lot and folks keep talking about how much his defense has improved. That tells me it wasn't very good. Not sure how much improvement he has made. I like Camargo. He's going to be a .280-.290 hitter and could be a 15-20 HR guy over a full season and there are zero questions about his defense....or his speed or his arm. I think he might be too good to just be a utility infielder. I wonder if he might take Swanson's slot. I'm not sold on him either, at this point. You are right though,,,he'd be a great player off the bench. I'd hate to see that.

• Options
    KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ok so you say the Braves got a huge revenue increase from the new park and surrounding Battery. But then you say they don't own the Battery?

"The Atlanta Braves unveiled plans on Wednesday for the $400 million entertainment district that would spring up beside the new $672 million stadium that’s set to open in 2017....The $400 million would be entirely funded by the Braves and a potential development partner, which has not yet been selected." This is from an AJC article published when the concept was started back in 2013, but nothing has changed with the concept. Again, LM is not allowed to take or inject cash into or out of the Braves as it would alter the valuation of their investment, again from the SEC.

https://www.ajc.com/business/atlanta-braves-plan-400-million-entertainment-district-surrounding-new-cobb-stadium/NTT8avyKLprXWWyZAV6sJN/

If LM paid for any developments therefore the Braves wouldn't own it, and that revenue wouldn't go into the Braves financial reports.... So are you saying LM is siphoning off money from the Braves?