Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Is Pollack a Dawg or not?

Comments

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@umooner said:

@BamaDawg said:
    AGAIN he can continue to do his job and maintain his allegiance. Its easy. All he had to do was preface his fawning for Tua by saying "Even though it killed me to watch, Tua ...blah...blah...blah..

Also, to say he is a bigger Dawg fan than eveyone on here just because he played for UGA is a st u ip blanket statement.

I didn’t say he was a bigger fan than anyone here, but I do believe he is a big fan. His contribution to the program is more than everyone in this thread combined. By the way, the crazy Bama fans don’t like McElroy anymore for the same reason. Pollack doesn’t have to give a caveat everytime he doesn’t praise the Dawgs when talking about them to prove he’s a fan.

@umooner said:
    David Pollack is more of a Dawg and a better DGD than everyone in this thread.

⬆️⬆️⬆️ You're correct, you didn't use the term "bigger fan". My bad!

Also, I live in bama and am surrounded by "crazy bama fans", my son even married one, and I have never heard them say a bad word about McElroy.

I understand he has a job to do. I understand he has to remain as objective as possible, but roast me for wanting a DGD to occasionally stand up for UGA. For those that don't like that position, well I honestly don't give a rat's .... well you get it.

• Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:

@umooner said:

@BamaDawg said:
    AGAIN he can continue to do his job and maintain his allegiance. Its easy. All he had to do was preface his fawning for Tua by saying "Even though it killed me to watch, Tua ...blah...blah...blah..

Also, to say he is a bigger Dawg fan than eveyone on here just because he played for UGA is a st u ip blanket statement.

I didn’t say he was a bigger fan than anyone here, but I do believe he is a big fan. His contribution to the program is more than everyone in this thread combined. By the way, the crazy Bama fans don’t like McElroy anymore for the same reason. Pollack doesn’t have to give a caveat everytime he doesn’t praise the Dawgs when talking about them to prove he’s a fan.

@umooner said:
    David Pollack is more of a Dawg and a better DGD than everyone in this thread.

⬆️⬆️⬆️ You're correct, you didn't use the term "bigger fan". My bad!

Also, I live in bama and am surrounded by "crazy bama fans", my son even married one, and I have never heard them say a bad word about McElroy.

I understand he has a job to do. I understand he has to remain as objective as possible, but roast me for wanting a DGD to occasionally stand up for UGA. For those that don't like that position, well I honestly don't give a rat's .... well you get it.

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/alabama-fans-not-happy-greg-mcelroy-ranked-crimson-tide-no-2-team-rankings

I also don’t think it’s true that he never stands up for the Dawgs. I seem to remember him being pretty high on the Dawgs all year last year, even when some others weren’t (both Auburn games and the Rose Bowl for instance.)

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    This really is silly. David is a grown man with a job to do. it's not a nuts and bolts job either, he has to sell himself and entertain, the tasty thing doesn't bother me in the least.

This. ^^^^^

• Options

@donm said:
    Still love that play against SCU where he blocked the punt and took it away all in one smooth motion. One of the better plays I've ever seen....period.

You mean that attempted pass that SCAR QB Pinkins tried to throw and Pollack smothered it and fell into the end zone for a TD?

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm with you. No biscuits for me for at least 45' or until he is fired...whichever comes first! And I mean it!

• Options

@UnderDog68 said:

@donm said:
    Still love that play against SCU where he blocked the punt and took it away all in one smooth motion. One of the better plays I've ever seen....period.

You mean that attempted pass that SCAR QB Pinkins tried to throw and Pollack smothered it and fell into the end zone for a TD?

that might be it. Not sure why I keep thinking blocked punt. Too many neurons misfiring (or not firing at all) these days.

• Options

Yea....It was probably his best defensive play that year (2002).....and it couldn't have come at a better time during that game.

• Options
    savvydawgsavvydawg Posts: 39 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hate to say it but gotta respect him for staying neutral from his background. I cant stand it with some who show obvious bias to their alma mater and/or the media favorites (i.e Texas, Mich, Ohio, Florida, Alabama, USC....). Would rather him be entertaining and honest than be a hypocrite while im rolling my eyes listening to others talk "objectively" about how Florida is going to win the East and Texas the national title this year.

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought I was getting mad about this, turned out it was just gas.

• Options
    VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I understand the premise here though I’m not ready to burn Pollack at the stake or anything. Plenty of guys make their allegiance well known but still offer high quality analysis. Herbstreit and O$U, Barrett Sallee and the barn, Booger and LSU + hatred of bama (one of my favorite guys to listen to Btw) and so on. The problem that some fans have with pollack is he doesn’t seem to worry about keep both sides happy. While I certainly will not fault him for doing his job and be objective, I have had to explain to a couple different people in recent years who are serious CFB fans that Pollack is actually a living UGA legend. They just don’t know that about him and I think that lack of playful UGA homering when it’s appropriate is what some people would appreciate more of.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:
    I'm with you. No biscuits for me for at least 45' or until he is fired...whichever comes first! And I mean it!

Dear lord, you're still good for rolls though, right ?

• Options
    stubbornthingstubbornthing Posts: 119 ✭✭✭ Junior

@umooner said:
    David Pollack is more of a Dawg and a better DGD than everyone in this thread. I guarantee you that he roots for the Dawgs as hard as anyone during the actual games. Maybe stop over analyzing any little thing he says that’s not obviously pro UGA and get a life.

LOL

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@donm said:

Dear lord, you're still good for rolls though, right ?

Shh. Your ruining my image (such as it is). I'll never get on the revolutionary council if they find out I'm sneaking rolls during my 45' fast.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,041 mod

@donm said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@donm said:

that might be it. Not sure why I keep thinking blocked punt. Too many neurons misfiring (or not firing at all) these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKl4QLD2okg

• Options

@ghostofuga1 said:

@donm said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@donm said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKl4QLD2okg

thanks. That's exactly the play I don't remember (or now, didn't remember).

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Former Georgia GREAT DE David Pollack , always has been, he IS NOW (& he always will be too!!!) a DGD as in forever. His "talking head" in sports TV career aside, he's ALL DAWG!!!!

• Options

Hmmm.... OSU vs. UGA in the CFC game. Herbsreit vs. Pollack. Who would show the less homerism?

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:
    Hmmm.... OSU vs. UGA in the CFC game. Herbsreit vs. Pollack. Who would show the less homerism?

Pollack. But he IS ALL DAWGS!!!

• Options

@BojanglesInsider said:
    I'm personally disappointed by the lack of outrage in this thread.

It's watermelon season. No need for outrage....

• Options

So..let us be adults about it. I'm outraged this guy can't break a watermelon.....