Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Is Pollack a Dawg or not?

jtdawg2020jtdawg2020 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just watched a video recently discussing Tua or Hurts. Near the end of the video Pollack makes his case for Tua. I have defended Pollack numerous times about how he is just doing his job when it comes to picking Georgia or lack thereof. At the end he was just saying how much he enjoyed watching Tua in the 2nd half of the championship. I dont see how ANY Dawg enjoyed that or can even comment on that 2nd half without getting frustrated. He adamantly is saying how much he enjoyed watching Tua taking over the game (Like it was a 5 course meal or something). I mean this is his Alma mater and I just dont see how anyone could enjoy that slow death that all of us dawgs faced. I mean I didnt even go to UGA but I feel like more of a Dawg than Pollack.

WATCH at video at 3:30 mark.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrDCMyR-esU

Comments

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There are those on here who will want to ream you a new one.... not me. I watch the SEC network and I see Booger, Rogers, Spears, an even McElroy remain objective while maintaining their allegiance. Pollack isn't close.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He's a dawg deep down, but you know the saying... MONEY TALKS

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This really is silly. David is a grown man with a job to do. it's not a nuts and bolts job either, he has to sell himself and entertain, the tasty thing doesn't bother me in the least.

• BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greygoose01 said:
    He's a dawg deep down, but you know the saying... MONEY TALKS

Deep down was years ago. As @BamaDawg said, others have been objective and held up their alliance. He acts like it wasn't us cheering him on as he flattened Qbs, TBH it's sad. Just say pass man, just say pass.

• umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

David Pollack is more of a Dawg and a better DGD than everyone in this thread. I guarantee you that he roots for the Dawgs as hard as anyone during the actual games. Maybe stop over analyzing any little thing he says that’s not obviously pro UGA and get a life.

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Compartmentalize

• nucleardawg22nucleardawg22 Posts: 7 ✭✭ Sophomore

First time poster here......with that said you guys are comical with the hatred for former Bulldawgs if they dont give a response yall dont like. If you cant recognize impressive feats just because your team doesnt win then maybe you should look in the mirror.

@WCDawg said:
    This really is silly. David is a grown man with a job to do. it's not a nuts and bolts job either, he has to sell himself and entertain, the tasty thing doesn't bother me in the least.

⬆️⬆️⬆️ This doesn't suprise me at all.

AGAIN he can continue to do his job and maintain his allegiance. Its easy. All he had to do was preface his fawning for Tua by saying "Even though it killed me to watch, Tua ...blah...blah...blah..

Also, to say he is a bigger Dawg fan than eveyone on here just because he played for UGA is a st u ip blanket statement.

@christopherules said:
    David Pollack isn’t only ALL DAWG, he’s got some of THE GREATEST highlight film clips in UGA history. I forgive him. He’s “doing his job.” Gotta keep momma happy, & pay those bills!

I agree, except there's nothing to forgive in my opinion.

edited July 2018

@BamaDawg said:
    AGAIN he can continue to do his job and maintain his allegiance. Its easy. All he had to do was preface his fawning for Tua by saying "Even though it killed me to watch, Tua ...blah...blah...blah..

Also, to say he is a bigger Dawg fan than eveyone on here just because he played for UGA is a st u ip blanket statement.

It seems clear ESPN doesn't want their anchors, analyst and color guys showing favoritism on the job.

• umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:

I didn’t say he was a bigger fan than anyone here, but I do believe he is a big fan. His contribution to the program is more than everyone in this thread combined. By the way, the crazy Bama fans don’t like McElroy anymore for the same reason. Pollack doesn’t have to give a caveat everytime he doesn’t praise the Dawgs when talking about them to prove he’s a fan.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In my book David Pollack (like so many, many others) will ALWAYS BE A DGD!!!

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Still love that play against SCU where he blocked the punt and took it away all in one smooth motion. One of the better plays I've ever seen....period.

• VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

@donm said:
    Still love that play against SCU where he blocked the punt and took it away all in one smooth motion. One of the better plays I've ever seen....period.

I thought it was a pass where he just mossed the QB before he threw the ball. I could be wrong.