Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Not good Urbs

Comments

• JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Uh-oh... I uh... I think I feel another heart attack coming on!" -Urban

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

Legal obligation aside: He knew his assistant was beating a woman and he didn't make a big deal of it. That's the kind of guy running the football program at the OhioSt. I'm not sure the fans and boosters would stand for that even if the admin would. Urban's heart trouble might pop up again in the next few days.

He'll end up at LSU next year.

Of course, if Nick Saban kidnapped a busload of children on a mission trip...

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,649 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

@mhall1401 said:
    https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/urban-meyer-caught-lying-about-assistants-alleged-domestic-abuse/

This is a pretty good argument that OSU may have no choice but to fire him.

Ok...there is a lot more "meat and potatoes" in this article. Doesn't look good for Meyer. I was not aware of Title IX stuff requiring reporting of allegations. If that's the case, Meyer probably isn't in legal trouble, but might lead to a mandatory firing.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:

@mhall1401 said:
    https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/urban-meyer-caught-lying-about-assistants-alleged-domestic-abuse/

This is a pretty good argument that OSU may have no choice but to fire him.

Ok...there is a lot more "meat and potatoes" in this article. Doesn't look good for Meyer. I was not aware of Title IX stuff requiring reporting of allegations. If that's the case, Meyer probably isn't in legal trouble, but might lead to a mandatory firing.

Good article. I suggest anyone interested go read Brett McMurphy’s Facebook post. It has the full story (so far).

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,649 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Alex Grinch for Head Coach...

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The only way I see Urban keeping his job is if he can prove that the ad and University president had also been notified, which means if they fire him that he brings everybody down with him

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A man who stands for nothing will fall for anything. Recruiting and winning appear to be most important to him. I wouldn’t/couldn’t have respect for a man that I employ knowing there have been allegations going back to UF days. Yet he hired him again... What makes this worse is that Meyer himself has daughters. Never liked him, rapidly losing respect for him and all others who did nothing but sit in silent disagreement.

• RobbieRob14RobbieRob14 Posts: 217 ✭✭✭ Junior

@dbrown7494 said:
    Brett McMurphy gets fired by ESPN during thier scale back. Yet he breaks the biggest sport story in College football in recent years on his Facebook page. All while getting paid by ESPN. #legend

And they choose to not report it until 3 hours later. I’m sure the embarrassment was setting in.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wonder if there will be any benefit for UGA from the potential Ohio State / Meyer fall out ?

Maybe get back in with 2019 Saftey Steel Chambers ?

And even better, does this cause 2020 Safety Lejond Cavazos to reconsider his pledge there and commit to the good guys ?

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Add this to the abuse cases in swimming/diving and wrestling and one (being me) wonders what in the heck is going on at THE OSU. How do they sell the university and its programs to moms and dads with all of this going on? Would it be considered negative recruiting to point this out to folks that we are recruiting along with OSU?

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Reading through some of the OSU message boards on this one. They're taking it relatively well.
    I say relatively because compared to the meltdowns we see on Volnation or GatorAlley, they've been very reserved in their comments.

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    I wonder if there will be any benefit for UGA from the potential Ohio State / Meyer fall out ?

And even better, does this cause 2020 Safety Lejond Cavazos to reconsider his pledge there and commit to the good guys ?

Might influence Cavazos, seems like it would matter to Harry Miller and his parents

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@coastaldawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Might influence Cavazos, seems like it would matter to Harry Miller and his parents

I think our staff passed on Miller early on. He may start looking elsewhere though.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@coastaldawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

I think our staff passed on Miller early on. He may start looking elsewhere though.

How have kids from Buford done once they move on to college ball?

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@coastaldawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Might influence Bresee, too.

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is Harry Miller in play now? I thought it was odd that a high school valedictorian would choose O$U over Stanford. Could another Meyer hubaluboo cause this nice Christian young man who goes on mission trips to reconsider his options? Since we appear to be taking more than 2 OL this cycle and Harry is a highly touted center, is he a take? @CZCashvilleDawg @Thelordjohnson @cf_ugaman

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:
    Is Harry Miller in play now? I thought it was odd that a high school valedictorian would choose O$U over Stanford. Could another Meyer hubaluboo cause this nice Christian young man who goes on mission trips to reconsider his options? Since we appear to be taking more than 2 OL this cycle and Harry is a highly touted center, is he a take? @CZCashvilleDawg @Thelordjohnson @cf_ugaman

maybe not because of Webb

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:

@tiger_62082 said:

maybe not because of Webb

Yeah, I would think it depends on Webb. But Miller looked good when I've seen him, but it's been awhile since I've watched his film, since he hasn't seemed interested in UGA in awhile. Looking over OSU's class, as far as if there's anyone to poach if things go south for Urban, I like who we have better. Their best ranked player is a WR (I'll take our 3 all day), and the next two highest rated guys are interior linemen (Miller being one), not huge needs right now. After that, their commits start falling to low .90s to high .80s ranked guys. Again, I like ours guys better.