Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Not good Urbs

1235»

Comments

• Options
    dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Im not a fan of wat urban done in this case, but he under alot of fire here, meyer didnt beat the woman, the zach guy did, he should be the one under fire the most, it should be his picture all over tv. Zach has serious issues. Again i dont agree how meyer handled this and i dont think his punishment should be getting fired. I think all the pitch forks should be pointed at zach.

• Options

All the fan bases want urban fired bc that helps them out but the zach guy is the real villain here. Those pictures were awful.

• Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgy10 said:
    Im not a fan of wat urban done in this case, but he under alot of fire here, meyer didnt beat the woman, the zach guy did, he should be the one under fire the most, it should be his picture all over tv. Zach has serious issues. Again i dont agree how meyer handled this and i dont think his punishment should be getting fired. I think all the pitch forks should be pointed at zach.

He knowingly employees an abusive husband, where is your moral compass? Yes Zach has issues but Urban is not innocent. For all I care all of OSU recruits can go to Bama if Urban gets fired.

• Options

@bigdawg2223 said:

@dawgy10 said:

He knowingly employees an abusive husband, where is your moral compass? Yes Zach has issues but Urban is not innocent. For all I care all of OSU recruits can go to Bama if Urban gets fired.

If u read my post for what it is and not what u want it to say, it specifically says i dont agree with how meyer handled this.

• Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgy10 said:

Zach guy will get his.

Urban LIED is the problem. This isn’t something you can say “oh I didn’t know I was supposed to report my close staff member that beat his wife bloody and sent my wife pics”.

He said it was made up. Then info is produced immediately after that shows he bold-faced lied.

That’s the issue.

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

@dawgy10 said:
    All the fan bases want urban fired bc that helps them out but the zach guy is the real villain here. Those pictures were awful.

I agree with you completely: Fan bases just love watching the train wreck at OSU, and Zach Smith is the real villain.

Urban had an obligation to report. He knew that if he didn't report something it would be a major title IX violation for which he could be fired or at least face serious heat. There is a reason he lied (by claiming to know nothing about the abuse).

There should be significant ramifications for Urban's failure to report.

Zach Smith should go to prison.

...If all this is true.

• Options

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@dawgy10 said:

I agree with you completely: Fan bases just love watching the train wreck at OSU, and Zach Smith is the real villain.

Urban had an obligation to report. He knew that if he didn't report something it would be a major title IX violation for which he could be fired or at least face serious heat. There is a reason he lied (by claiming to know nothing about the abuse).

I agree

• Options

@dawgy10 said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@dawgy10 said:

I agree

Would title IX be in play here if the viol3nce wasnt against a university employee or student?

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Urban just placed on paid administrative leave, according to ESPN

• Options

@dawgy10 said:

@dawgy10 said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@dawgy10 said:

I agree

Would title IX be in play here if the viol3nce wasnt against a university employee or student?

For specific reasons, I believe so... but I don't have time to cite sources, so TIFWIW...

• Options

@coastaldawg said:
    Urban just placed on paid administrative leave, according to ESPN

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

he’s a goner

• Options
    Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All I have to say is that if he knew about the situation, he is a piece of sh!t!!!

• Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@dawgy10 said:

@dawgy10 said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@dawgy10 said:

I agree

For specific reasons, I believe so... but I don't have time to cite sources, so TIFWIW...

It specifically involves an employee as an offender. It works both ways.

• Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Paid administrative leave=Figure out whether you wanna quit or get fired.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,716 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“Administrative Leave” means “uh, oh crap...what do we do? We have to fire him, but we need to delay it a while so we can come up with a good story so we don’t looks so bad”.

He’s gone.

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He should be banned from ever coaching young men again, and I mean from college all the way down to pee wee football. He should never be allowed to be around young people again. He's lower than whale manure.

• Options
    jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No way they do not fire him. He's the face of OSU. When the brand is tarnished, get rid of all involved.