Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Not good Urbs

Comments

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:

@brentwilson said:

@tiger_62082 said:
    Is Harry Miller in play now? I thought it was odd that a high school valedictorian would choose O$U over Stanford. Could another Meyer hubaluboo cause this nice Christian young man who goes on mission trips to reconsider his options? Since we appear to be taking more than 2 OL this cycle and Harry is a highly touted center, is he a take? @CZCashvilleDawg @Thelordjohnson @cf_ugaman

maybe not because of Webb

Yeah, I would think it depends on Webb. But Miller looked good when I've seen him, but it's been awhile since I've watched his film, since he hasn't seemed interested in UGA in awhile. Looking over OSU's class, as far as if there's anyone to poach if things go south for Urban, I like who we have better. Their best ranked player is a WR (I'll take our 3 all day), and the next two highest rated guys are interior linemen (Miller being one), not huge needs right now. After that, their commits start falling to low .90s to high .80s ranked guys. Again, I like ours guys better.

I agree, I just hope it opens up Lejond once again.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:

@tiger_62082 said:
    Is Harry Miller in play now? I thought it was odd that a high school valedictorian would choose O$U over Stanford. Could another Meyer hubaluboo cause this nice Christian young man who goes on mission trips to reconsider his options? Since we appear to be taking more than 2 OL this cycle and Harry is a highly touted center, is he a take? @CZCashvilleDawg @Thelordjohnson @cf_ugaman

No way they wouldnt take Miller unless Webb was already in the fold. Several brainy recruits have talked about Kirby's desire to increase the intellect in the locker room.

This could be Greg Schiano's big break after the UT fiasco. He would be one obvious choice to take over this year if Meyer is pushed out.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Classic ESPN. The Top Headline on the website right now is something about the freaking Bahama Bowl. The Meyer story is below that.

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

I don’t know about y’all, but I’m surprised they didn’t report on this earlier. ESPN is in love with Jim Harbaugh, so I thought they would be all over this.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jarred_buck said:
    I don’t know about y’all, but I’m surprised they didn’t report on this earlier. ESPN is in love with Jim Harbaugh, so I thought they would be all over this.

They love OSU more.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@brentwilson said:

@tiger_62082 said:

Yeah, I would think it depends on Webb. But Miller looked good when I've seen him, but it's been awhile since I've watched his film, since he hasn't seemed interested in UGA in awhile. Looking over OSU's class, as far as if there's anyone to poach if things go south for Urban, I like who we have better. Their best ranked player is a WR (I'll take our 3 all day), and the next two highest rated guys are interior linemen (Miller being one), not huge needs right now. After that, their commits start falling to low .90s to high .80s ranked guys. Again, I like ours guys better.

I agree, I just hope it opens up Lejond once again.

Yeah, Cavazos would be sweet.

• cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:

I think he would be. I'mt not sure we get Webb, but I could be wrong, havent followed closely.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:

@tiger_62082 said:

Webb said he wants to play guard in college, so he and Miller are not competitors. If both are interested, suspect UGA will make a space.

• ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:
    Legal obligation aside: He knew his assistant was beating a woman and he didn't make a big deal of it. That's the kind of guy running the football program at the OhioSt. I'm not sure the fans and boosters would stand for that even if the admin would. Urban's heart trouble might pop up again in the next few days.

He'll end up at LSU next year.

Of course, if Nick Saban kidnapped a busload of children on a mission trip...

I can actually see the LSU thing happening. If they act fast they may could get him this year and salvage their season.

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why is the media acting surprised this is the same coach who had a murderer and gang member playing for him and knew. If OSU does not fire him it shows their lack of ethics and misguided moral compass is just as bad as Urban Liar!!!! This is not quite as bad as Penn St but it’s right up there with Baylor!

• britishdawgbritishdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2018

OSU is really in a bind. The writer in that article is absolutely right, the Title IX implications of this are really, really bad. If Urban's wife didn't work for the University, he could blame it on her, say she never told him and move on. But because she does, not only is that unbelievable, but it also means that the OSU employed a registered nurse who covered up domestic violence by a fellow employee... The Feds will literally eat OSU and her alive.

This is going to be a tough decision for the school. They can let Meyer off, throw his wife to the wolves and then deal with the insane fallout that will come, or they can get rid of both of them and hope the Feds give them a break for cleaning house. There are also real consequences for his program is he does blame his wife and stay. How well if that story going to play in the living room of recruits going forward? Good old Urban Meyer, such a caring family man that he ruined his own wife to protect his $7.5 million salary. How could you ever trust that guy to mold your child?

If they want to keep their head coach, the whole university and his wife are going to suffer, big time and yes, if they fire him, their football program will likely take a while to recover. But we all know what the right decision here should be, not only from a school perspective but from a personal one as well. You don't throw your wife into federal prosecution to protect your job and as much as I love Kirby, I'd be furious if he didn't fall on his sword if this were him.

• JGrant324JGrant324 Posts: 211 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JGrant324 said:

just saw this

If true....wow!!!

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JGrant324 said:

just saw this

This might be fake, or taken down. I went to this guy's twitter page and didn't see this tweet. He even has a tweet recently saying there's a lot of imposter accounts out there tweeting garbage.

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JGrant324 said:

just saw this

It’s not true. Barrett Sallee confirmed it was an impostor post

• JGrant324JGrant324 Posts: 211 ✭✭✭ Junior

I wonder if this will put any ideas in the heads of TOSU admin.

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hard to believe that Miller wouldn't be a take if we missed on Webb. Wasn't ever much buzz about him, but I thought it was because he wasn't real interested.

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OSU reveals new Uniforms for 2018

@mattmd2 said:
    OSU reveals new Uniforms for 2018

THAT is clever.