Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Alabama raising the stakes in facilities war

ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They plan to spend 600 million over the next 10 years on Bryant-Denny Stadium and other amenities.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2018/08/details_timeline_for_bryant-de.amp

Comments

• Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

When Saban retires in the next couple of years that money is going to dry up fast. They'd better get it while the getting is good, there's a new sheriff in town and he's called "The Dawgs"!

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Lefty13 said:
    When Saban retires in the next couple of years that money is going to dry up fast. They'd better get it while the getting is good, there's a new sheriff in town and he's called "The Dawgs"!

Bama will offer their top choice to replace Saban just about any amount to keep their wagon rolling.
    I hope it's Dabo, not Kirby.

• Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@AgDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Lefty13 said:

Bama will offer their top choice to replace Saban just about any amount to keep their wagon rolling.

Kirby ain't going nowhere. Doubt Dabo will either tbh. With that said Dabo is more likely than Kirby.

You think that Saban will be there when they finish those projects in 10 years??

• umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby will probably use Bama rumors when Saban is gone to get a bigger contract

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah. I don’t see Kirby as wanting to follow Saban. He’s already had the label of just being Nick’s guy for years.

I’m not sure about Dabo but having gone to school in upstate South Carolina there’s a ton of Clemson fans and it’s the part of the state that’s growing the fastest. I wouldn’t be surprised if Greenville overtakes Columbia before long. Clemson might be a nicer town than Tuscaloosa and being close to both Atlanta and Greenville beats being close to Birmingham. Plus the lakes in SC are nice and I’d take the SC beaches over the red tide ridden gulf. Might come down to money and facilities, and IPTAY members don’t want to go back to being a team that was good in the early 80s and here and there since, anymore than we do.

The one thing that I’ll say about Bama is that they don’t sit on all that football money in a Reserve fund like certain past UGA administrations. You can tell by driving around their campus that they spend a lot of money on sports but they also use their exposure and money on new academic buildings and trying to improve their reputation. I knew a girl who was one of their academic recruiters and they have at least one if not more people in each state or area. She had a pretty good time traveling around on their dime with a nice expense account.

• AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Lefty13 said:

@AgDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Lefty13 said:

Kirby ain't going nowhere. Doubt Dabo will either tbh. With that said Dabo is more likely than Kirby.

You think that Saban will be there when they finish those projects in 10 years??

Doubtful

@DirtDawg said:

@AgDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Lefty13 said:

It's tough to be the man that follows The Man. I think CKS will focus on building the DesthStar in Athens.

I think it most likely Kirby will use the possibility of leaving as leverage for salary and projects.
    That said, I'm not certain he won't leave. Richt always made it known he wanted to spend his entire career at UGA, to my knowledge Kirby has never addressed that question.

@ghostofuga1 said:

@AgDawg said:

@Lefty13 said:

@AgDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Lefty13 said:

Doubtful

Saban in 2028..

I don't see Saban being like Bowden and Paterno. He will ride the crest and leave before the program recedes.

@scooterdawg said:
    Yeah. I don’t see Kirby as wanting to follow Saban. He’s already had the label of just being Nick’s guy for years.

I’m not sure about Dabo but having gone to school in upstate South Carolina there’s a ton of Clemson fans and it’s the part of the state that’s growing the fastest. I wouldn’t be surprised if Greenville overtakes Columbia before long. Clemson might be a nicer town than Tuscaloosa and being close to both Atlanta and Greenville beats being close to Birmingham. Plus the lakes in SC are nice and I’d take the SC beaches over the red tide ridden gulf. Might come down to money and facilities, and IPTAY members don’t want to go back to being a team that was good in the early 80s and here and there since, anymore than we do.

The one thing that I’ll say about Bama is that they don’t sit on all that football money in a Reserve fund like certain past UGA administrations. You can tell by driving around their campus that they spend a lot of money on sports but they also use their exposure and money on new academic buildings and trying to improve their reputation. I knew a girl who was one of their academic recruiters and they have at least one if not more people in each state or area. She had a pretty good time traveling around on their dime with a nice expense account.

Greenville-Spartanburg is already the biggest metropolitan area in SC, and the gap will just get bigger.
    Having lived North of Greenville for 6 years I don't see the town itself having the largest population in any of our life times though. Charleston and Columbia are both more centralized, The Greenville-Spartanburg area is growing in all directions, particularly east and south.

• georgiaflyergeorgiaflyer Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

Once UGA wins a natty Kirby will build his palace

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@ghostofuga1 said:

@AgDawg said:

@Lefty13 said:

@AgDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Lefty13 said:

Doubtful

Saban in 2028..

I don't see Saban being like Bowden and Paterno. He will ride the crest and leave before the program recedes.

I didn't either, until he signed his new contract last month.

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

To hell with that....Let's spend a billion and a half dollars and replace Sanford Stadium....I'll put in a few bucks

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Lefty13 said:

I don't know about afterwards but I can see Saban there 10 years from now...the guy is in great shape

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@WCDawg said:

@ghostofuga1 said:

@AgDawg said:

@Lefty13 said:

@AgDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Lefty13 said:

Doubtful

Saban in 2028..

I didn't either, until he signed his new contract last month.

The contract technically runs thru 2024, but the crafty old bastud probably had them run it that long for recruiting purposes. That doesn't mean he'll stay thru it's entirety.

@WCDawg said:

@Lefty13 said:

Down voting that post is silly. Are you guys afraid to discuss the obvious ?