Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Colin Kapernick has become face of Nike’s new ad campaign

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PerroGrande said:
    Ok, just read Chip's story. While we are betting, who wants to bet that he is a soon to be--former UGA baseball player?

Amen Brother!

• Options
    how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can't say what others will or won't do...I don't care and its not my business . I stand.

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Look, I'm African American and the most overt discrimination I face daily comes from people who look just like me. I'm routinely ignored by members of my own race as I wait AWKWARDLY at the counter waiting to b greeted in fast food places or other retail outlets. They (ESPECIALLY BLACK FEMALES) seem to revel in my discomfort as I await a greeting that was never forthcoming. My people (AFRICAN AMERICANS) r absolutely r our own worst enemy. I've experienced racism, oppression and police brutality in this country and it's not right. But what's perplexing to me is that the same people (African Americans) that complain about injustice and oppression at the hands of the American authorities r all too willing to practice that same oppression on each other and if u left them (us) in this country all alone we would committ mass genocide against our own people and when u came back we'd all b dead. But the minute a Rogue Cop kills one of us and gets away with it we wanna march, sing, dance and preen for the cameras. What do we do when the PARTY, oops, I mean protest is over? Glad u asked,we go right back to throwing each other under the nearest freight train. MESSAGE TO THE BLACK MAN. CLEAN UP YOUR OWN HOUSE BEFORE U START SEEKING HELP FROM OUTSIDE cause u should know by now that that has to come from the inside.

• Options
    BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MeR3htid said:
    Look, I'm African American and the most overt discrimination I face daily comes from people who look just like me. I'm routinely ignored by members of my own race as I wait AWKWARDLY at the counter waiting to b greeted in fast food places or other retail outlets. They (ESPECIALLY BLACK FEMALES) seem to revel in my discomfort as I await a greeting that was never forthcoming. My people (AFRICAN AMERICANS) r absolutely r our own worst enemy. I've experienced racism, oppression and police brutality in this country and it's not right. But what's perplexing to me is that the same people (African Americans) that complain about injustice and oppression at the hands of the American authorities r all too willing to practice that same oppression on each other and if u left them (us) in this country all alone we would committ mass genocide against our own people and when u came back we'd all b dead. But the minute a Rogue Cop kills one of us and gets away with it we wanna march, sing, dance and preen for the cameras. What do we do when the PARTY, oops, I mean protest is over? Glad u asked,we go right back to throwing each other under the nearest freight train. MESSAGE TO THE BLACK MAN. CLEAN UP YOUR OWN HOUSE BEFORE U START SEEKING HELP FROM OUTSIDE cause u should know by now that that has to come from the inside.

Prove to me you are “black” I’m nit buying it.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawgEatin said:

@MeR3htid said:

Prove to me you are “black” I’m nit buying it.

How might he do that? If he did, what would it mean to you?

• Options
    benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This thread is probably on a fast track to no where.

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So Black people can't b thoughtful and articulate?

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is the worst thread ever. I'm sorry to have put any attention into it.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    MyKeithbb09MyKeithbb09 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭ Junior

@PlayHurt said:

@Kasey said:
    So who will you be buying instead? Adidas? Reebok? New balance?

Anything but Nike, that’s for sure. Even Payless cheapies before Nike now.

So you feel that way about Nike now just because of Kaepernick? Wow some of you people are truly something else

• Options

@BigDawgEatin said:
    Just so all you guys know, the majority of the Georgia Bulldogs are black, like real black people. They most likely agree with Kaepernick. Hell the team is sponsored by Nike. Many of the comments here are low key racist . How do you cheer for black boys on the field , but make comments directly opposing to what is best for their well being ? If you guys said these statements to any black player on our team, please believe they would not agree with you.

You have to understand and believe people when they show you who they are and that's what these own here doing they are showing you truly who they are. All of this because of a man who did something to bring attention to Injustice but they would never understand and they don't give a **** to care to understand

• Options

@PerroGrande said:
    We are all alarmed by many injustices. Does that give one the right to disrespect the flag, the anthem, and all they stand for? No! Kneeling for the National Anthem is an injustice.

If you think he disrespected the flag tell the white veteran who asked him to do it in the first place that then. That veteran fought in the Iraqi War and he is the one who talked to Kaepernick about taking that stand and he is a white guy

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Keith, that veteran is entitled to his opinion, and so is this veteran. I think he is dead wrong. I have many friends I served with, black and white, who agree it is a bad idea. Two wrongs don't make a right. Disrespecting the flag, the NA, and those who gave their lives for our freedoms is the worst possible message you can send to children, who happen to look up to NFL players. As I said above, I even agree with the goal, but I disagree with the form of protest. There are hundreds of positive ways the NFL could support CK's goals without disrespecting our country.

• Options
    BigGAdawgBigGAdawg Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Kasey said:
    So who will you be buying instead? Adidas? Reebok? New balance?

Brooks. A much better product IMHO.

• Options
    sauceddawgsauceddawg Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

nuke this thread and never bring it back again

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You guys who don’t like this thread. Why are you in here? You can’t see the title of the thread?

Do you think it’s your personal job to mod the forum? And just in lieu of being granted any actual software controls over the forum, you try to do it with your posts?

Just trying to figure you guys out.