Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Colin Kapernick has become face of Nike’s new ad campaign

Comments

• BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PerroGrande said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

Easy dismissal ....slow clap. How did you come up with those percentages? Are they truly accurate? Or is this what you hope the fan base reflects?

Do you have to be so hostile and sarcastic? It isn't a dismissal. They are investigating it. The story does sound odd, so let's see what they find out--"One young white male...surrounded by black students." 100% of the Dawg fans, and I know a bunch, love the kid and think he is going to be a great QB. Great athlete, smart, comes from a great family...Dawg fans are excited about him. That is just my experience, but I think it is typical.

Not a typical young white male. He is actually one of the best baseball players on the UGA team. Yeah racism is always odd .

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawgEatin said:

@PerroGrande said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

Easy dismissal ....slow clap. How did you come up with those percentages? Are they truly accurate? Or is this what you hope the fan base reflects?

Do you have to be so hostile and sarcastic? It isn't a dismissal. They are investigating it. The story does sound odd, so let's see what they find out--"One young white male...surrounded by black students." 100% of the Dawg fans, and I know a bunch, love the kid and think he is going to be a great QB. Great athlete, smart, comes from a great family...Dawg fans are excited about him. That is just my experience, but I think it is typical.

Not a typical young white male. He is actually one of the best baseball players on the UGA team. Yeah racism is always odd .

So what does he say to his African-American teammates?

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is unfortunate and unacceptable and unfortunately, still a reality in society today.

“Who wants to bet he wouldnt say that to Justins face. Who also want to bet Justin is probably a better baseball player than he is as well. I dont care if my qb is purple, if that man is balling and can take the Dawgs to big time, then sir you need to sit your ass down and hush. If it upsets you that bad why are you not on the field yourself?“

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ok, just read Chip's story. While we are betting, who wants to bet that he is a soon to be--former UGA baseball player?

@PerroGrande said:
    Ok, just read Chip's story. While we are betting, who wants to bet that he is a soon to be--former UGA baseball player?

Amen Brother!

• how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can't say what others will or won't do...I don't care and its not my business . I stand.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Look, I'm African American and the most overt discrimination I face daily comes from people who look just like me. I'm routinely ignored by members of my own race as I wait AWKWARDLY at the counter waiting to b greeted in fast food places or other retail outlets. They (ESPECIALLY BLACK FEMALES) seem to revel in my discomfort as I await a greeting that was never forthcoming. My people (AFRICAN AMERICANS) r absolutely r our own worst enemy. I've experienced racism, oppression and police brutality in this country and it's not right. But what's perplexing to me is that the same people (African Americans) that complain about injustice and oppression at the hands of the American authorities r all too willing to practice that same oppression on each other and if u left them (us) in this country all alone we would committ mass genocide against our own people and when u came back we'd all b dead. But the minute a Rogue Cop kills one of us and gets away with it we wanna march, sing, dance and preen for the cameras. What do we do when the PARTY, oops, I mean protest is over? Glad u asked,we go right back to throwing each other under the nearest freight train. MESSAGE TO THE BLACK MAN. CLEAN UP YOUR OWN HOUSE BEFORE U START SEEKING HELP FROM OUTSIDE cause u should know by now that that has to come from the inside.

@MeR3htid said:
    Look, I'm African American and the most overt discrimination I face daily comes from people who look just like me. I'm routinely ignored by members of my own race as I wait AWKWARDLY at the counter waiting to b greeted in fast food places or other retail outlets. They (ESPECIALLY BLACK FEMALES) seem to revel in my discomfort as I await a greeting that was never forthcoming. My people (AFRICAN AMERICANS) r absolutely r our own worst enemy. I've experienced racism, oppression and police brutality in this country and it's not right. But what's perplexing to me is that the same people (African Americans) that complain about injustice and oppression at the hands of the American authorities r all too willing to practice that same oppression on each other and if u left them (us) in this country all alone we would committ mass genocide against our own people and when u came back we'd all b dead. But the minute a Rogue Cop kills one of us and gets away with it we wanna march, sing, dance and preen for the cameras. What do we do when the PARTY, oops, I mean protest is over? Glad u asked,we go right back to throwing each other under the nearest freight train. MESSAGE TO THE BLACK MAN. CLEAN UP YOUR OWN HOUSE BEFORE U START SEEKING HELP FROM OUTSIDE cause u should know by now that that has to come from the inside.

Prove to me you are “black” I’m nit buying it.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawgEatin said:

@MeR3htid said:

Prove to me you are “black” I’m nit buying it.

How might he do that? If he did, what would it mean to you?

• benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This thread is probably on a fast track to no where.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So Black people can't b thoughtful and articulate?

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is the worst thread ever. I'm sorry to have put any attention into it.

Go, Dawgs!

• MyKeithbb09MyKeithbb09 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭ Junior

@PlayHurt said:

@Kasey said:
    So who will you be buying instead? Adidas? Reebok? New balance?

Anything but Nike, that’s for sure. Even Payless cheapies before Nike now.

So you feel that way about Nike now just because of Kaepernick? Wow some of you people are truly something else