Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Colin Kapernick has become face of Nike’s new ad campaign

Comments

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JayDog said:

@Thelordjohnson said:

I take your comment and the only thing I will say is Kaepernick has said each time he isn't disrespecting the country or flag but he wants things to change. He apologized for sitting down and switched to kneeling because a kneel shows respect and prayer.

From USA Today Online, August 27, 2016:

Hours after Pro Football Talk took note of San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick sitting during the national anthem before Friday’s preseason game against the Green Bay Packers, the QB spoke out and explained it was a protest.

Here’s what he told NFL.com’s Steve Wyche:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”

Like I've stated before... Im African American. I get his frustration. But he also apologized for the article I've seen you qoute before and rephrased his comments to make the message clear to all. I qouted the article above...
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/veteran-kaepernick-take-a-knee-anthem/

• Options
    BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

M> @BamaDawg said:

@BigDawgEatin said:
    Just so all you guys know, the majority of the Georgia Bulldogs are black, like real black people. They most likely agree with Kaepernick. Hell the team is sponsored by Nike. Many of the comments here are low key racist . How do you cheer for black boys on the field , but make comments directly opposing to what is best for their well being ? If you guys said these statements to any black player on our team, please believe they would not agree with you.

Again you bring up race. Sad!!! Was your statement about a majority of fans being black derived from a comprehensive poll that you took? I will be honest, I have never noticed one way or the other.

TWO DGD in support of Kap!!! Gooooo Dawgs!

• Options
    DawgBiscuitDawgBiscuit Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AndersonDawg said:
    Won’t be buying any Nike products. Other than being an NFL QB his claim to fame was kneeling for the National Anthem. Certainly his right as is my my right to hold disdain for Nike for promoting him. My 71 years and Vietnam service have probably “clouded my vision”, but I can live with that.

Amen, Amen, & Amen !!!

• Options
    DawgBiscuitDawgBiscuit Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawgEatin said:

@PerroGrande said:
    We are all alarmed by many injustices. Does that give one the right to disrespect the flag, the anthem, and all they stand for? No! Kneeling for the National Anthem is an injustice.

Killings Black Men is direspectful. It’s an injustice to be killed by the people who you pay to protect you. Sad that a flag is more important than a life. Again your favorite black Georgia Bulldog player probably disagrees with you. As long as the black boys tow the line, they are acceptable?

Come on Man! Please stop the race-baiting. There's only One Race... The Human Race :smile:

• Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgBiscuit said:

@AndersonDawg said:
    Won’t be buying any Nike products. Other than being an NFL QB his claim to fame was kneeling for the National Anthem. Certainly his right as is my my right to hold disdain for Nike for promoting him. My 71 years and Vietnam service have probably “clouded my vision”, but I can live with that.

Amen, Amen, & Amen !!!

@DawgsofWar said:

@AndersonDawg said:

Army veteran, here. If any one has served in the Armed Forces, you know why we did it. We 1%ers did it because we fight for our country's freedom. Freedom for what? Freedom of speech, religion, etc. To protect our country's freedom-seeking ideals. Kap kneeling had nothing to do with protesting against our nation's military. It never was. It was about protesting against the police and what was going on at that time.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-how-nate-boyer-got-colin-kaepernick-to-go-from-sitting-to-kneeling/

I have no care whatsoever about protesting this or protesting that. Protesting comes with freedom of speech and that's what I signed up for when I joined.

Seeing things with nuance on a spectrum and not in a binary manner is a strength, not a weakness.

• Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AndersonDawg said:

I hate this post, but thank you for service!

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Thelordjohnson said:

@JayDog said:

@Thelordjohnson said:

I take your comment and the only thing I will say is Kaepernick has said each time he isn't disrespecting the country or flag but he wants things to change. He apologized for sitting down and switched to kneeling because a kneel shows respect and prayer.

From USA Today Online, August 27, 2016:

Hours after Pro Football Talk took note of San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick sitting during the national anthem before Friday’s preseason game against the Green Bay Packers, the QB spoke out and explained it was a protest.

Here’s what he told NFL.com’s Steve Wyche:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”

Like I've stated before... Im African American. I get his frustration. But he also apologized for the article I've seen you qoute before and rephrased his comments to make the message clear to all. I qouted the article above...
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/veteran-kaepernick-take-a-knee-anthem/

Whoa. I simply posted the quote attributed to Kap by USA Today. I don't know if you are saying I rephrased his comments or a Kap did. I gave no commentary. If you are saying Kap rephrased his comments after this quote--there is another name for that. It is called back pedaling. There was nothing unclear about what he said the first time. I posted it because people seem confused on how this started.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

People are so polarized on this issue that it appears they will never find common ground. It never helps to foster civility when folks dismiss out of hand opposing views.

Bottom line--we can't dictate to another person what is or is not offensive to that person. That holds true for both sides of the debate on kneeling during the anthem.

In this case both sides are exercising their rights. If you can't find common ground, at he end of the day, you agree to disagree and move on to things you can agree upon.

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawgEatin said:

@BamaDawg said:

@BigDawgEatin said:
    Just so all you guys know, the majority of the Georgia Bulldogs are black, like real black people. They most likely agree with Kaepernick. Hell the team is sponsored by Nike. Many of the comments here are low key racist . How do you cheer for black boys on the field , but make comments directly opposing to what is best for their well being ? If you guys said these statements to any black player on our team, please believe they would not agree with you.

Again you bring up race. Sad!!! Was your statement about a majority of fans being black derived from a comprehensive poll that you took? I will be honest, I have never noticed one way or the other.

Play the race whistle and look who shows up. Look my non-racist friend. I said the majority of the players are BLACK and I’m sure the side with KAP. You must be foolish to think otherwise ! I have no respect for you, you know we go way back. Not sure why you of all people even speak to me.

Playing the race whistle us your mantra. Again, it's what you do when you know your arguement is a crap. As for your respect, I could care less. At least we agree on that. Also, to assume that all black dawg fans share your racist views just shows your desire to be divisive. Your a petty little person who wants to do nothing but try and put people in general categories to fit your and pathetic world.

As for those Dawg players that support what's his name, that is their right, and while I disagree with them, I respect that right. See that is the difference between you and I. When I disagree someone, I still respect their opinion and don't try to throw them in a group based on their skin color.

• Options

@BigDawgEatin said:

@BamaDawg said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@PerroGrande said:
    We are all alarmed by many injustices. Does that give one the right to disrespect the flag, the anthem, and all they stand for? No! Kneeling for the National Anthem is an injustice.

Killings Black Men is direspectful. It’s an injustice to be killed by the people who you pay to protect you. Sad that a flag is more important than a life. Again your favorite black Georgia Bulldog player probably disagrees with you. As long as the black boys tow the line, they are acceptable?

Every other post is about race. I think that killing anyone (black, white, brown, whatever) is not only disrespectful, it's terrible.

No its murder plain and simple.

Not every killing is murder, but I know what you are getting at. However, you where the one that said "Killings black Men is direspectful."

• Options

@BigDawgEatin said:

A picture of confliction. I love the Dawgs. But hate Nike and social justice for black people.

Racist are a dying breed. The few that pop up in future generation will quickly be sent back under the rocks from which they crawled from.

You are by far the biggest racist on this board

• Options

@BamaDawg said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

A picture of confliction. I love the Dawgs. But hate Nike and social justice for black people.

Racist are a dying breed. The few that pop up in future generation will quickly be sent back under the rocks from which they crawled from.

Knowshon another DGD in support of KAP goooo DAWGS!!!

• Options

@BigDawgEatin said:

@jay_kubzz said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@jay_kubzz said:
    Just some quick stats
    Cop shootings in 2017:
    457 whites were killed by cops vs 223 blacks being killed by cops.

2018:
    211 whites killed vs 102 blacks.

Another stat, not all shootings by cops are by white cops.

Another shooting stat, in the past 365 days there have been 411 black on black homicides in CHICAGO alone, just one city. Think about that, ONE CITY. More blacks have killed blacks in one US city in the past year vs country wide cops have in a year and a half.

It’s a tragedy for both sides, but don’t for a second be fooled by how bias and manipulative mainstream media are. They’re pushing a certain agenda and fail strongly to bring all the stats into light.

So are there more black people or white people in this country? Give me percentages. Another Play from the Trump playbook....bring up Chicago in order to deflect. I can’t be killed by someone on the south side of Chicago,why, because I live in Georgia. But I can be killed or beaten in a routine stop by a cop in any state. Chicago is a poor and ineffective talking point. Chicago is local , police brutality is nationwide.

Blacks make up about 13% of the population yet commit about 52% of yearly homicides.

Of all the black murders NATIONWIDE, 89% of black homicides are by other blacks.

Just stating facts since you asked for more percentages. The thing you’re failing to realize is sitting for the anthem has no coo relation to cops. It’s pure disrespect for the BLACK, WHITE, HISPANIC, ASIAN, INDIAN, etc Americans who fight for your and mine freedom.

I don’t see why the race card has to get pulled in any and everything. I guess the blacks who disagree with Collin Kaepernick are racist too?

Links and Citations? Also include social and economic factors. Please discuss the justice system as well. Young Padawan don’t throw out “facts” in a vacuum ,the entire picture must be presented. You might be too young or inexperienced for this discussion . It’s okay you might learn in due time until then keep on the grind sunshine .

Yeah how dare him throw out FACTS.... LMAO

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@BigDawgEatin said:

@BamaDawg said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

Knowshon another DGD in support of KAP goooo DAWGS!!!

I do like this notion better than just burning everything

• Options

TODD GURLEY seems to be on board as well, should I keep proving my point, that most of your favorite BLACK PLAYERS SIDE WITH KAP. Are they racist and unpatriotic as well? I’ll wait.

@BamaDawg said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@BamaDawg said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

Play the race whistle and look who shows up. Look my non-racist friend. I said the majority of the players are BLACK and I’m sure the side with KAP. You must be foolish to think otherwise ! I have no respect for you, you know we go way back. Not sure why you of all people even speak to me.

Playing the race whistle us your mantra. Again, it's what you do when you know your arguement is a crap. As for your respect, I could care less. At least we agree on that. Also, to assume that all black dawg fans share your racist views just shows your desire to be divisive. Your a petty little person who wants to do nothing but try and put people in general categories to fit your and pathetic world.

As for those Dawg players that support what's his name, that is their right, and while I disagree with them, I respect that right. See that is the difference between you and I. When I disagree someone, I still respect their opinion and don't try to throw them in a group based on their skin color.

• Options

No racism here just seeking social justice.

• Options

@BamaDawg said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@jay_kubzz said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@jay_kubzz said:
    Just some quick stats
    Cop shootings in 2017:
    457 whites were killed by cops vs 223 blacks being killed by cops.

2018:
    211 whites killed vs 102 blacks.

Another stat, not all shootings by cops are by white cops.

Another shooting stat, in the past 365 days there have been 411 black on black homicides in CHICAGO alone, just one city. Think about that, ONE CITY. More blacks have killed blacks in one US city in the past year vs country wide cops have in a year and a half.

It’s a tragedy for both sides, but don’t for a second be fooled by how bias and manipulative mainstream media are. They’re pushing a certain agenda and fail strongly to bring all the stats into light.

So are there more black people or white people in this country? Give me percentages. Another Play from the Trump playbook....bring up Chicago in order to deflect. I can’t be killed by someone on the south side of Chicago,why, because I live in Georgia. But I can be killed or beaten in a routine stop by a cop in any state. Chicago is a poor and ineffective talking point. Chicago is local , police brutality is nationwide.

Blacks make up about 13% of the population yet commit about 52% of yearly homicides.

Of all the black murders NATIONWIDE, 89% of black homicides are by other blacks.

Just stating facts since you asked for more percentages. The thing you’re failing to realize is sitting for the anthem has no coo relation to cops. It’s pure disrespect for the BLACK, WHITE, HISPANIC, ASIAN, INDIAN, etc Americans who fight for your and mine freedom.

I don’t see why the race card has to get pulled in any and everything. I guess the blacks who disagree with Collin Kaepernick are racist too?

Links and Citations? Also include social and economic factors. Please discuss the justice system as well. Young Padawan don’t throw out “facts” in a vacuum ,the entire picture must be presented. You might be too young or inexperienced for this discussion . It’s okay you might learn in due time until then keep on the grind sunshine .

Yeah how dare him throw out FACTS.... LMAO

So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you. But correct the wise, and they will love you. -The Bible

• Options
    edited September 2018

@DawgBiscuit said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@PerroGrande said:

Come on Man! Please stop the race-baiting. There's only One Race... The Human Race :smile:

But one race has slaughtered a lot of other races! Notice the prestigious army shirt, thanks for your service sir ! If this picture doesn’t speak volumes you guys really don’t care or get it. Look at the little smirks. But I’m the racist, right ?

• Options
    edited September 2018

What about Herschal. The GOAT Dawg....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/early-lead/wp/2016/06/27/supporting-donald-trump-comes-at-a-cost-says-retired-nfl-star-herschel-walker/>

Also, it seems Gurley and Moreno are only supporting to give you Nike crap to a vet instead of burning it.
    But you twist it anyway you want. Also, like others on here I am growing tired of this **** subject and your racist thinking, therefore this is my last post on the has been QB. So it's all yours.

@BigDawgEatin said:

TODD GURLEY seems to be on board as well, should I keep proving my point, that most of your favorite BLACK PLAYERS SIDE WITH KAP. Are they racist and unpatriotic as well? I’ll wait.

@BamaDawg said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@BamaDawg said:

@BigDawgEatin said: