Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What surprised you about the South Carolina game?

124»

Comments

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:

@donm said:

@Teddy said:

@ugaforever said:
    15 for 18 = 83%. One dumb pick. Maybe the reciever didn't read it the same as Fromm. Pretty good from my camo recliner.

83% is what @nycdawg says QBs should average.

to be fair, wasn't it 70%-80% ?

Yeah, but felt the need to point Fromm played well outside of his interception.

You sure don’t need to convince me he played well. I’m just near sighted, not blind!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@Teddy said:

@donm said:

@Teddy said:

@ugaforever said:
    15 for 18 = 83%. One dumb pick. Maybe the reciever didn't read it the same as Fromm. Pretty good from my camo recliner.

83% is what @nycdawg says QBs should average.

to be fair, wasn't it 70%-80% ?

Yeah, but felt the need to point Fromm played well outside of his interception.

You sure don’t need to convince me he played well. I’m just near sighted, not blind!

And yet during the game there were Georgia fans on the game thread calling for his removal.

Imagine how loud and difficult that place was, but Fromm adjusted soon enough. As did the rest of the team. Before halftime we were in the groove. SC was as much in the groove as they got during the second quarter, but they didn't make much of it thanks to our defense not breaking.

I think some of what was going on was us practicing running into the teeth of the opposition. We can always get better at that. The idea is to wear them down; it worked, of course.

Pretty sure Kirby knows a bunch more than any of us what weapons are in his arsenal. How to use them, too.

From is "just a game manager." Whenever I hear that I like hearing it, and hope it becomes viral until it's overshadowed. A game manager who is efficient beyond belief. Who has that kind of passing? 83% is unreal.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That a uga fan brought their 3-4 week old to the top of the stadium in that heat and didn’t leave til halfway through... d u m b move....

I tried to do the same thing when my son was two weeks old to G day.... luckily my wife has “parenting skills”... (as the doctor called it).... SOMEONE has to...

• Options

@DawginSC said:

@greshamdisco said:
    I was also surprised at how we didn’t show a lot of offensive flair. I guess we didn’t need to really. Why not play vanilla if you win by 23? Still, Fromm wasn’t quite as sharp as I expected, but it wasn’t like he was bad either. Overall, really strong showing. We are clearly the better team. Wasn’t close.

15/18 for 194 yards (10.8 yards per pass attempt).

If that's him "not sharp"... I can't wait to see what he does when he get sharpened up.

Whew.... when he through that wr screen that almost got pick 6’d.... the whole upper north of the stadium lost oxygen...

• Options

I was surprised by how bad Woerner got beaten repeatedly on outside rush.

He almost got Jake hurt on 3 different occasions.

• Options
    PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry if already mentioned but the lack of TE use is bewildering. Also, would think that Swift would have broken a 50+ yarder by now. Maybe he gets it this Saturday.

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PlayHurt said:
    Sorry if already mentioned but the lack of TE use is bewildering. Also, would think that Swift would have broken a 50+ yarder by now. Maybe he gets it this Saturday.

UGA used Nauta to block the safety on Herrien's TD.

• Options
    montez32montez32 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

I am not if this has been mentioned but what I learned about our team is that we need to do a better job at tackling, rewatched the game and see so many missed tackles. It got better 2nd half but should be consistent. Also I see the difference at LB especially absense of Roquan speed he would close on people quick we dont have that speed right now at the LB position. Not saying they aren't fast just not Roquan and it isn't even close.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Michael Barnett, but really it's been both games. To my eyes he's been our best NT so far.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:
    I was surprised by how bad Woerner got beaten repeatedly on outside rush.

Saw the same thing with Woerner, I would rather see us use another WR and get another defender out of the box. Would give Fromm another pass option and open give RBs more running lanes.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@montez32 said:
    I am not if this has been mentioned but what I learned about our team is that we need to do a better job at tackling, rewatched the game and see so many missed tackles. It got better 2nd half but should be consistent. Also I see the difference at LB especially absense of Roquan speed he would close on people quick we dont have that speed right now at the LB position. Not saying they aren't fast just not Roquan and it isn't even close.

pretty hard to criticize anybody for not being Roquan.

• Options
    njdawg81njdawg81 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Probably already been said - but lack of a consistent pass rush. We will need that against MizzU.

• Options
    Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Could be wrong but wasn’t that Herian with a couple strong runs carrying defenders down field.

• Options
    BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Pleased that Holyfield proved me wrong. He was a dominant runner Saturday and got meaningful yards after initial contact.

• Options
    mikeshuemikeshue Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore

Cade Mays played really good. Liked Walker and Rochester too.

• Options
    montez32montez32 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

@donm said:

@montez32 said:

pretty hard to criticize anybody for not being Roquan.

Where did I criticize any LB?

• Options
    Steve_ZissouSteve_Zissou Posts: 307 ✭✭✭ Junior

Woerner is usually our best blocking TE. He played terrible last week, which is too bad because #45 looks too good to sit