Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Tua over rated?

Comments

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    The attention he was getting earlier was probably mostly hype due to his performance in the title game. What he's done this season is hard to ignore though.

The Heisman being what it is and the fact he really is producing remarkably efficiently, he's an overwhelming favorite to win the award. Honestly, who could argue if he has 40 or more tds with just 2 or 3ints for the #1 team ?

He has all the makings of a guy who could win multiple Heismans.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:

@WCDawg said:
    The attention he was getting earlier was probably mostly hype due to his performance in the title game. What he's done this season is hard to ignore though.

The Heisman being what it is and the fact he really is producing remarkably efficiently, he's an overwhelming favorite to win the award. Honestly, who could argue if he has 40 or more tds with just 2 or 3ints for the #1 team ?

He has all the makings of a guy who could win multiple Heismans.

He has a great situation to max out those gifts, no doubt he has a chance to have a historic career.

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If he’s overrated.....,,,what QB is not?

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bigcalidawg said:
    If he’s overrated.....,,,what QB is not?

What does that even mean, "overrated" ? Rated by whom? His stats put him at the top. He passes the "eye test" with flying colors (at least to these eyes) and he's been a winner everywhere he's gone, including national QB camps and contests. Saying he's overrated kind of implies there is someone out there who's rating is better and more accurate. Not sure whom that would be.

• Options
    VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The only thing I would say about the bama situation is their WR are under appreciated in the media. Tua is legit, but on the other end of all those passes are some REALLY good WRs.

• Options
    GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tua is legit and it is unfair to expect Fromm, Fields, or any other quarterback to perform to that same level. The man deserves his due credit. All we can do is try to find a way to beat him if we end up meeting in the SEC championship.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BojanglesInsider said:
    Assuming we make it to the playoffs, I want Tuna Tagaravioli to win the Heisman. Lady Karma says it would drastically improve our odds against Bama.

@BojanglesInsider you sir, are a genius

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VaBeachDawg said:
    The only thing I would say about the bama situation is their WR are under appreciated in the media. Tua is legit, but on the other end of all those passes are some REALLY good WRs.

@VaBeachDawg said:

They are beach dawg, but that boy turns into a rugby player when the pocket breaks down. He’s mobile, can run, and even trucks people.
    The fact that his arm is that accurate makes him a juggernaut. Not many athletes have sustained this type of success.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dude is on point.... hate to say it, but he is legit

• Options
    edited October 2018

The guy is virtually unstoppable. NEver seen anything like it before. However, I am thinking he might not make it the whole season. His knee is an issue. Just left the UT game with a knee injury...of course after throwing his 4th TD.

• Options

@BojanglesInsider said:
    This is tua much for me.

Give him the heizmann already FFS

He’s the best QB in college football in a very long time. It sucks that he also happens to play on the best college team in a long time.

• Options
    edited October 2018

@BojanglesInsider said:

@pgjackson said:

@BojanglesInsider said:
    This is tua much for me.

Give him the heizmann already FFS

He’s the best QB in college football in a very long time. It sucks that he also happens to play on the best college team in a long time.

I agree tbh. And it hurts.

Why couldn’t he have gone to Arizona or Colorado? He was a 4-star out of HS and those were in his top 4. The whole college scene would be completely different if he hadn’t picked Bama.

• Options
    RedBlackDawgRedBlackDawg Posts: 354 ✭✭✭ Junior

He’s got a stronger arm than Elway. More accurate than Montana. Runs as fast as Vick, but only 30 lb heavier. Shoo in #1 pick for the 2020 draft. Yeah, other than that, he’s way over rated...

• Options

@RedBlackDawg said:
    He’s got a stronger arm than Elway. More accurate than Montana. Runs as fast as Vick, but only 30 lb heavier. Shoo in #1 pick for the 2020 draft. Yeah, other than that, he’s way over rated...

I don’t think his arm is anywhere near Elway’s and I doubt he’s close to Vick’s speed.

• Options
    PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RedBlackDawg said:

Negative Elway (not even close) and never mention Tua and Vick jn the same sentence again (with regards to speed).

That said, Tua is a robot and his stats at the end of this year will be mind boggling.

• Options
    RedBlackDawgRedBlackDawg Posts: 354 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Polynikes said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

Negative Elway (not even close) and never mention Tua and Vick jn the same sentence again (with regards to speed).

That said, Tua is a robot and his stats at the end of this year will be mind boggling.

🤣🤣
    OK, perhaps the speed comparison to Vick is hyperbole, but I stand by my statement about his arm strength. Danielson during the Bama game today did a replay of the game winning touchdown in last year’s NC game. Tua’s pass went 50 yards in the air but only reached a maximal height of 25 feet....in other words, it was shot out like a cannon

• Options

@RedBlackDawg said:

@Polynikes said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

🤣🤣
    OK, perhaps the speed comparison to Vick is hyperbole, but I stand by my statement about his arm strength. Danielson during the Bama game today did a replay of the game winning touchdown in last year’s NC game. Tua’s pass went 50 yards in the air but only reached a maximal height of 25 feet....in other words, it was shot out like a cannon

Elway could stand on home plate and throw a baseball into the stands.

• Options

Also Elway threw ducks 80 yards.

• Options

@Polynikes said:
    Also Elway threw ducks 80 yards.

For you Eason skeptics, Elway used to throw the ball too hard early in his NFL career. Receivers who tried to trap the ball against their chests got the Elway “cross”. A mark from the point of the ball hitting their chests. There have been few arms in the league to ever match his.

• Options
    mleemlee Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He is on a team with the perfect set up. OL is one of the best, RBs that can run for days, and super talented receivers..