Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Not good Urbs

Comments

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:
    It's a serious issue and not one to handle lightly here. This will be interesting to follow. Not sure what the protocol is regarding allegations of abuse. I'm sure there are legal protections that prevent people from being fired from their jobs over accusations. The text messages indicate the wife couldn't even get a restraining order. Meyer fired him eventually. Not sticking up for Meyer, but I'll wait till there is more information before burning him at the stake.

Although the text do say that Urban talked to him about it, and he denied everything. I think you need to go a little further than the accused to investigate things like this. Just taking the word of the accused doesn't usually get you all the details.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Disturbin Urban" ever the control freak. He has been covering up crap for years like a cat with diarrhea.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:

@pgjackson said:
    It's a serious issue and not one to handle lightly here. This will be interesting to follow. Not sure what the protocol is regarding allegations of abuse. I'm sure there are legal protections that prevent people from being fired from their jobs over accusations. The text messages indicate the wife couldn't even get a restraining order. Meyer fired him eventually. Not sticking up for Meyer, but I'll wait till there is more information before burning him at the stake.

Although the text do say that Urban talked to him about it, and he denied everything. I think you need to go a little further than the accused to investigate things like this. Just taking the word of the accused doesn't usually get you all the details.

Exactly. I've done dozens of official investigations in the military and sometimes the truth is very different than the initial accusation. I'm reserving my judgement till there is more information.

• Options
    MinnesotaDawgMinnesotaDawg Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:

@pgjackson said:

"Hey, Aaron....Did you happen to shoot anybody in the head this week?"

"Nah, coach."

"Sweet! That's all I need to know. Suit up!!"

• Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

@UnderDog68 said:

@dawgy10 said:

@jc30116 said:
    Would be my guess he knew about Aaron Hernandez and his affiliations too but kept quiet on that as well.

Meyer knew of the gang banging at UF , gainesville finally overwhelmed him and he got "sick". The gang banging still exist there.

Hernandez was a borderline criminal before he came to Gainesville. Meyer knew it; so did every member of the staff that helped recruit him. They chose to ignore it and hoped there wouldn't be any incidents at UF. As it turned out, there were many incidents that were covered up. Makes me wonder just how much covering up the DA's office and the police dept. in Gainesville are willing to perpetrate.

EDIT.....didn't know the word, 't h u g' was censorable material. Had to change it to 'criminal'....

In the recent OTHER UF gang issue (The air soft rifle story) they also mentioned a Gator player trying to “elude police with a real rifle in his car”. They also say he told police it was for protection from Gainesville locals.....w t f? Talk about a gang war going on at UF. Great recruiting pitch to mom and dad. The cops had to chase a guy and he has a gun with him after running from them and is let go without charges???? Isn’t this what Isaiah Crowell (good riddance) was charged with and kicked off the team for? Gainesville police seem to be the exact opposite of Athens/UGA police. They have proven with their actions that the UF players are more equal than common citizens.

• Options
    mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ok, I'm going to be guilty of being insensitive for a moment here, but I'm just wondering - Any 2019 recruits from OSU to poach?

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:

@Teddy said:

@pgjackson said:

Exactly. I've done dozens of official investigations in the military and sometimes the truth is very different than the initial accusation. I'm reserving my judgement till there is more information.

Point being though, he has a duty to report this to higher authorities, or he faces NCAA violations. I'll admit we don't have all the details, and it needs to be played out. But if anyone learned something from the Sandusky debacle, is that you report it up the chain of command and to police if it's criminal behavior that's being reported. I'm sure the "lie" about not knowing was in a press conference, and won't be held against him per se. But it does allow them to damage his character, which helps the prosecution in a case against you.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OSU is taking too much heat for this and I’m the world we live in today...

He gone

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

@pgjackson said:

Totally with you, @pgjackson . That's why I prefaced my comment with "if". People have been accused of worse that turned out to be very different when the facts eventually came out. Still, not good optics for OSU and Meyer.

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

I dont think this warrants Meyer getting fired. Maybe Im reading wrong but I read, the ex wife told the other wives and coaches (step 1 understood)... There was no police report filed so the charges can't be looked into indepth so when the guy denied it Meyer had to go with his word (step 2)... Later charges rose up and the WR Coach violated his deal and Meyer let him go.... It seemed like a a lot of info is missing in my opinion but I dont think a coach should always jump out and fire a guy who could he innocent. NOT SAYING I THINK HE IS INNOCENT

• Options
    mhall1401mhall1401 Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman
  • Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:
    Also, who did Meyer supposedly lie to?

The media. But hey....We've been calling him Urban Liar for years.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Meyer is under no legal obligation to protect the wife of an assistant coach. But....the proper thing would have been to fire the guy when he became aware that the abuse was going on. Had he done that, this would be a non-story.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Somehow Meyer continues to get some parents to think he’s a ‘high character’ guy and is able to recruit someone like Harry Miller, who seems like character would be one of the main factors in his recruitment.

• Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

@UnderDog68 said:
    Meyer is under no legal obligation to protect the wife of an assistant coach. But....the proper thing would have been to fire the guy when he became aware that the abuse was going on. Had he done that, this would be a non-story.

Legal obligation? Maybe....he’s a public employee remember. He isn’t a random citizen listening to someone’s allegations. Title IX says otherwise as far as the NCAA is concerned. His wife actually works for OSU as a Nurse and is under title IX as well. Even if he lies and says she never told him (laughable) she would be in a world of doo-doo since there are text messages with her and the victim about it....with pictures of her after she was beaten up. No Houdini act to get out of this.

• Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BoroDawg said:
    Not a peep out of ESPN. Yet they wonder why they lose viewers by the millions.

Too busy covering LeBron’s breakfast and where he went for lunch.

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Urban Meyer is SCUM! I've always thought so and this does nothing but confirm my thoughts. He is only interested in what's best for Urban. He should have been run out of college football a long time ago. He's of the same ilk as Charlie Pell, what is it about Florida football coaches?