Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Is there another team you enjoy watching?

PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA football is deep in my blood, an addiction really... but with that also comes a love for the sport of football in general.

I enjoy watching NFL games, but even though I cheer for the Falcons... a loss does not upset me nearly the way it does if the Dawgs lose. I will tune into most any football game on at anytime just to watch, but I do not consider myself a fan of any other sports teams.

Is there another NCAA football team that you enjoy watching play? It does not mean you are a fan of that team, or care if they win/lose... just enjoy watching them play. I will share mine once I realize the room is friendly enough to possibly share

Comments

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I enjoy good football.
    Petersen's BSU teams were fun to watch, Carroll's USC teams as well.
    I don't follow any other programs though.

• Options
    Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My Daughter attends Georgia Southern so I have enjoyed going to a few games and I watch them when they are playing on tv, other than that it's all Dawgs for me!!!

• Options
    LazendaddyLazendaddy Posts: 120 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don’t necessarily follow teams as I love watching the best matchups every weekend.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I watch as much football as I can. But don’t actively root for any team outside UGA and the Falcons. I generally like watching non-UGA games and rooting for the underdog. Especially if those underdogs are playing teams like OSU, Clemson, etc.

• Options
    jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:
    I watch as much football as I can. But don’t actively root for any team outside UGA and the Falcons. I generally like watching non-UGA games and rooting for the underdog. Especially if those underdogs are playing teams like OSU, Clemson, etc.

Same here. I tend to root against anyone ranked higher than UGA as well. That list has been short lately though :)

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,175 mod

Enjoy watching our competition in the SEC can never root for any team in orange, used to follow FSU when I lived in Lowndes County, now not so much. I do like watching Bama because they are so well coached....

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,732 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

WAZZU because that's where I actually went.

New Zealand All-Blacks because they are consistently awesome.

Navy football. It's amazing that a team of mostly unrated players can compete with the big-boys.

• Options
    VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

I used to watch as many Oregon games as I could stay awake for. The Chip Kelly days were special over there. Also their stadium is really unique. Just a likable team back then, for me anyway.

• Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Packers fan here

Love watching any of the big games

Follow several teams, often because they play UGA regularly and/or have close friends who are fans so gives us more to talk about

g/f is Clemson alum and we have season tickets so I follow/attend a lot of Clemson games

• Options

@tfk_fanboy said:
    Packers fan here

Follow several teams, often because they play UGA regularly and/or have close friends who are fans so gives us more to talk about

g/f is Clemson alum and we have season tickets so I follow/attend a lot of Clemson games

I'm strictly local in my loyalties.
    Hawks
    Braves
    Falcons
    Dawgs.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VALDOSTADAWG said:
    I used to watch as many Oregon games as I could stay awake for. The Chip Kelly days were special over there. Also their stadium is really unique. Just a likable team back then, for me anyway.

Easy to be unique with seemingly unlimited Nike $ floating around...place sounds of envy here.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@tfk_fanboy said:
    Packers fan here

Hawks
    Braves
    Falcons
    Dawgs.

I didn't grow up anywhere specific. Maine, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, Philippines, S. Carolina so I never had a "local" market

When I was 10, 11, 12 years old Favre was The Man. Was the cover of QB Club. Packers were fun, and awesome, and Favre was cool.

We settled in SC and I hated it here (though I love living here as an adult) and I hated the people and I hated USCe. In early 2000s, the very beginning of Richt, I liked him and I liked UGA beating USC, my favorite teacher was a UGA alum, etc. So I started pulling for UGA, partially, to spite USC. 16+ years later and I still hate USC and still pull for UGA

Beyond those two teams I watch what interests me or what is relevant. Clemson beats USC and the future fiance is an alum. Makes it easy. I rock a Clemson hate when we go to games. She wears a UGA shirt when we watch UGA games. House United

• Options
    BrotatoChip88BrotatoChip88 Posts: 219 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I've always enjoy watching the SEC match-ups every Saturday. As far as a team I like to pull for beside UGA? I've been pulling for Miami now that Richt is the HC - as I'm still a big supporter of his. I also have always liked Virginia Tech due to my childhood best friend having ties to the university via family alumni. I love to "hate-watch" the Gators, Ohio State (just because of Urban Liar), and USC (just because they have been overrated for so long by the media).

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

I like watching other sec teams play. If there is a fantastic player like Manziel or Watson I like watching them play.

• Options

@tfk_fanboy said:

@WCDawg said:

@tfk_fanboy said:
    Packers fan here

Hawks
    Braves
    Falcons
    Dawgs.

I didn't grow up anywhere specific. Maine, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, Philippines, S. Carolina so I never had a "local" market

When I was 10, 11, 12 years old Favre was The Man. Was the cover of QB Club. Packers were fun, and awesome, and Favre was cool.

We settled in SC and I hated it here (though I love living here as an adult) and I hated the people and I hated USCe. In early 2000s, the very beginning of Richt, I liked him and I liked UGA beating USC, my favorite teacher was a UGA alum, etc. So I started pulling for UGA, partially, to spite USC. 16+ years later and I still hate USC and still pull for UGA

Beyond those two teams I watch what interests me or what is relevant. Clemson beats USC and the future fiance is an alum. Makes it easy. I rock a Clemson hate when we go to games. She wears a UGA shirt when we watch UGA games. House United

My family goes back to the early 1800s in the Tuscaloosa area. From what I can piece together there were only 4000 or so settlers in the whole Black Warrior River/ Tom Bigby River confluence region when my Great, Great grandfather moved there from Tenn. At least 3 of my grandparents were born there, both of my parents and 4 of my siblings were also born there.
    We moved to NW Ga. when I was 4 years old though, that is all I remember.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@tfk_fanboy said:

@WCDawg said:

@tfk_fanboy said:
    Packers fan here

Hawks
    Braves
    Falcons
    Dawgs.

My family goes back to the early 1800s in the Tuscaloosa area. From what I can piece together there were only 4000 or so settlers in the whole Black Warrior River/ Tom Bigby River confluence region when my Great, Great grandfather moved there from Tenn. At least 3 of my grandparents were born there, both of my parents and 4 of my siblings were also born there.

wow, pretty cool to be able to trace back that far

half my family is fresh off the boat circa 1930s. the other half no one seems to know but most think came over late 1800s

• Options
    PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, I could get some hate for this... but do hear me out. I enjoy watching Notre Dame play. I don't lose a wink of sleep if they lose. I feel that they play a similar hard nose style of football that UGA plays. I like the traditions in college football and feel they have some pretty unique traditions. I also blame the movie Rudy and the gold helmets. They are often over rated by the media, but I enjoy watching them play.... again, lose no sleep even if they lost every single game.

I also enjoy watching the top matchups of the week. Looking forward to Washington and Auburn (go Washington) .... and Notre Dame vs Michigan in week 1

• Options

@tfk_fanboy said:

@WCDawg said:

@tfk_fanboy said:

@WCDawg said:

@tfk_fanboy said:
    Packers fan here

Hawks
    Braves
    Falcons
    Dawgs.

wow, pretty cool to be able to trace back that far

half my family is fresh off the boat circa 1930s. the other half no one seems to know but most think came over late 1800s

To qualify my post, when you go back to my great, great grandfather who moved to The Tuscaloosa area, I had 15 other grandparents somewhere who I know little about.
    All 4 of my grandparents' last names at birth were British, 2 English, 1 Scot and Welsh, which is the line my name comes from and the GG Gramps who moved to Tuscaloosa.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,732 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PharmDawg2054 said:
    Well, I could get some hate for this... but do hear me out. I enjoy watching Notre Dame play. I don't lose a wink of sleep if they lose. I feel that they play a similar hard nose style of football that UGA plays. I like the traditions in college football and feel they have some pretty unique traditions. I also blame the movie Rudy and the gold helmets. They are often over rated by the media, but I enjoy watching them play.... again, lose no sleep even if they lost every single game.

I also enjoy watching the top matchups of the week. Looking forward to Washington and Auburn (go Washington) .... and Notre Dame vs Michigan in week 1

I'm with you on that. Fond memories of watching ND and Michigan from the 80's. Seemed like the only football on TV back then was ND and B10.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA is my first love as a child.
    Kennesaw State -- brand new football program at the first school I attended. Didn't have football back then