Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Have We Been Hacked?

JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Obviously yes.

Have We Been Hacked? 22 votes

Yes
81%
BigDawg279tfk_fanboyTdub0199cf_ugamaninsertusernamehereDGD28BoroDawgDawg14DawgsonTopchristopherulesKaseyPeachCoDawgjgf1031brentwilsonBrianDawgCatfishVALDOSTADAWGscooterdawg 18 votes
No
18%
JeffSentelldonmJMFDFirePlugDawg 4 votes

Comments

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is a test discussion only. Just want to see if I can post.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod
  • christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Yes

I’m not clicking on any of the Chinese posts.

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I didn't know the Dawgs were this popular in Asia.

If for nothing else its one good way to bury some of the posts we'd really like to see go away.

@bmauldin said:
    It’s the “year of the dog” on the Chinese calendar

Which always comes after the year of the rooster. Coincidence?

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Chinese writing is supposed to throw us off the scent. The real hack here is from Trump and the Russians!!!

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgnation should be flattered that we have an international presence!

It was interesting that among the asian characters, there were the names of Canadian universities...at least when I first encountered it. It seemed a bot was posting one thread after another.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    No

Somebody ordered out Chinese this morning.

How many fluent in Chinese here need a faux diploma from London Polytechnic, I wonder?

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Muschamp said they were going to "empty the chamber" against us. Cyber attacks?

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Yes

Yeah. I saw university of Toronto on a lot of the posts. I guess it was just a really old fashioned denial of service attack lol. I happened to have an old reply from savagedog in my mailbox and sent him a message bc it was impossible to post. I would blame South Carolina but I’m not sure how many Asian tech students they have so I’m gonna guess the guys over on StingTalk took time out of their busy schedules of making lots of money and being essential to the country and all and decided to tweak us poor Dawgs fans. I think some of that Chinese stuff may have been about calculus actually...lol.

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Yes

So thanks are again due to savagedawg for a rescue?

• JesupdawgJesupdawg Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was able to decipher a few of the post, as a whole most Asians think we will win big, most posters think they are very small cocks

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    No

@scooterdawg said:
    Yeah. I saw university of Toronto on a lot of the posts. I guess it was just a really old fashioned denial of service attack lol. I happened to have an old reply from savagedog in my mailbox and sent him a message bc it was impossible to post. I would blame South Carolina but I’m not sure how many Asian tech students they have so I’m gonna guess the guys over on StingTalk took time out of their busy schedules of making lots of money and being essential to the country and all and decided to tweak us poor Dawgs fans. I think some of that Chinese stuff may have been about calculus actually...lol.

Doubt it was a denial of service. That could run into (literally) BILLIONS of posts/contacts. General category had 6 pages while Football category had ~ 2 pages. None for Recruiting or Off-Topic.

I have a Google translate feature and these were purely commercial ads for faux diplomas. Free (and illegal) enterprise, ma man.

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Yes

I am on a mma forum and they had the same issue last night/early morn

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    No

@tfk_fanboy said:
    I am on a mma forum and they had the same issue last night/early morn

Let's put those MMA guys on it...we'll have no more of those Canadian posts!!

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No, but I can make $35 an hour from the comfort of my own home, just by responding to posts by PG and WCdawg.