Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Excluding Smokey and the Bandit, your favorite Burt Reynolds performance? RIP

Comments

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,046 mod

RIP Burt!

A little known and not so important trivia fact is that my Dad and a business partner owned the land where the iconic "bridge jump" took place in Smokey and the Bandit. The original structure was there which was a broken down, old and abandoned RR bridge. Dad and his partner signed waivers and agreements to allow them to shoot the scene. The location was in Jonesboro , GA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw8ra5ExXCI

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,884 mod

Cop and a half

• Options
    ftn49ftn49 Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    ftn49ftn49 Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@ftn49 said:
    **** tease

S t r I p tease...

Actually kind of a great movie

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,884 mod

@DawgNut said:
    Celebrity Jeopardy

That wasn’t him...that was T u r d Ferguson

• Options
    PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sharky's Machine

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PlayHurt said:
    Sharky's Machine

Sharkey's Machine was sad when Buffy and Jody's Dad Brian Keith was killed in the movie. Bert was not the only former football player in the movie. The late Bernie Casey played high school football in my hometown of Columbus, the Bowling Green before playing in the NFL for the Rams and 49'ers, including one Pro Bowl. Bernie was in Brian's Song as well.

I would have to say the Longest Yard with Deliverance a close second.

• Options
    Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgNut said:
    Celebrity Jeopardy

The best

• Options
    Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sharky’s Machine. He shot Henry Silva out of the Peachtree Plaza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dteuWuUtTpQ&feature=share

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He roomed with Lee Corso at Florida State.

"Buddy" Reynolds began his Florida State football career with a 33-yard pass reception against the Georgia Bulldogs as a freshman in 1954,"

https://247sports.com/Article/Burt-Reynolds-dead-82-ESPN-Lee-Corso-statement-121515092/

• Options
    dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Burt Reynolds I met him at friends house when he was filming Gator. I thought I was meeting In my mind Burt Convey.
    The man was so relax kool. He came played wiffle ball on the beach with 3 kids. I think we where 7 or 8. Realised how neat that was later.
    Thanks Burt..RIP

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I never saw Sharky’s Machine. It was based on a book that I remember being good. My cousin and I used to be huge into the Smokey movies when we were kids, even the rather crappy sequels. Funny now because she’s Mrs. Junior League and country club in Augusta these days. RIP Burt.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg1419 said:
    Rip Bert
    Smokey and the bandit. Filmed in GEORGIA

So was Deliverance and Sharky's Machine.
    Actually Deliverance was filmed in both Georgia and SC, at the same time. The Chattooga River is of course a state line.
    By the way, you guys shore do got purdy mouths.

• Options

@Bulldawg90 said:
    Sharky’s Machine. He shot Henry Silva out of the Peachtree Plaza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dteuWuUtTpQ&feature=share

I believe that was the first time the device that allows you to free fall, then brakes to a stop was used in a movie.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah. I just looked up Sharky’s Machine. I didn’t realize that the author was from Woodstock.

• Options

@Dawg1419 said:

@DawgNut said:
    Celebrity Jeopardy

The best

I'll take your mother for 300 Trebeck.

• Options

@scooterdawg said:
    Yeah. I just looked up Sharky’s Machine. I didn’t realize that the author was from Woodstock.

Yep, he was a great one. He played the sheriff of Aintree County in County in Deliverance

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Longest yard then Deliverance.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gator and the opening of The Longest Yard was shot in Savannah. Prison scenes for The Longest Yard was shot in Reidsville. Burt donated money to the Georgia Southern football team for uniforms in their early days. Also remember him buying new uniform pants for FSU in the early days under Bobby Bowden. Have heard several stories about his generosity from local people who were associated with filming The Longest Yard. RIP Burt.