Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

PB&J

Comments

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:

@PlayHurt said:
    I put the jelly on one slice with spoon and the peanut butter on the other slice with a butter knife. They never touch until you jam ‘em together and then cut it in half from corner to corner.

Good grief playhurt bro....another debate for another day on using a spoon and a knife. Apparently that is more dishes to wash

LOL!!! Hey, we use to make a dozen or more at the time! One extra utensil isn’t gonna break the wagon down!!

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mix em then apply to bread. So good s7it

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sounds like some people butter both sides of their bread...

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bigcalidawg said:
    Best way to avoid that conflict is to get the pb&j swirl in the same jar.

Not a dang thing you can do about it.

Side note, if y’all gone split over that, it was over a long time ago. I’m sorry, been through it myself.

God bless you brother.

Thanks big Cali bro just messing around hahaha. If we didn’t split over me washing a dirt bike filter with gasoline in one of her bowls..... then I would imagine we will be fine. Even if I disagree with her sandwich making capabilities

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

PB minus the J is the winner :*

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh, cool, in that case, forget jelly, it’s chunky pb and honey all day.

Now, honey gets its own side and pb, shoot, just throw a big chunk on the other side.

Strain some Cinnamon Toast Crunch milk and drink it with your gourmet masterpiece.

@greygoose01 said:

You shut yo mouth with that nonsense greygoose bro.

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greygoose01 said:

I have gone that route

@Bigcalidawg said:
    Oh, cool, in that case, forget jelly, it’s chunky pb and honey all day.

Now, honey gets its own side and pb, shoot, just throw a big chunk on the other side.

Strain some Cinnamon Toast Crunch milk and drink it with your gourmet masterpiece.

Honey... chunky pb.... done with talking to you hooligans. Just ridiculous hahahaha

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

Two words to save your marriage: squeeze jelly

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

I put PB on both sides of the bread and Jelly on one side. I only wipe the knife clean on the bread after I spread the PB. Always COMPLETELY cover both slices of bread with the PB - no white showing. I do prefer honey over jelly, but if I have to go the J route, I like orange marmalade.

• jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is this horizontally sliced bread we’re talking?

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love this board.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:

@greygoose01 said:

You shut yo mouth with that nonsense greygoose bro.

Well you wanted the divorce papers signed right? :D

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mattmd2 said:

Yes! PB on left slice with butter knife, then squeeze jelly on right slice and spread with same knife, no need to rinse.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PTDawg said:
    I love this board.

Not one like it anywhere...

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mattmd2 said:

I tried that. She told me to keep my hands to myself.

• benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Y'all ain't even talked about the real game changer.
    Toast the bread before you spread

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@benjaminwgregg said:
    Y'all ain't even talked about the real game changer.
    Toast the bread before you spread

Yes

• RedBlackDawgRedBlackDawg Posts: 354 ✭✭✭ Junior

@JRT812 said:
    About to file for a divorce over this debate... First, pb&j on separate slices of bread or jammed all together on a single side? I prefer separate sides for the peanut butter and jelly. What hairchested man ooor woman does single side?

Second, do you clean the knife in between spreading peanut butter before moving onto jelly spreading? I sort of understand this side which is clean the knife, but I’m the only one using these products. I could care less if there is peanut butter in the jelly jar.

Apparently, it’s the same difference. Look forward to the insight and prove me wrong.

But more importantly, on toasted or non-toasted bread??