Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

I'm just a guy who loves UGA football

Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No real ties to the school other than a couple family members attending and growing up watching and wishing I could suit up in the silver britches some day. I've been lingering around this board since it first opened up. Day 1 podcast listener. I've seen it all and heard it all. All the personalities come and go, all the hot takes, agreements, disagreements, etc. There is a reason people STILL post to the "What's wrong with UGA recruiting?" thread because it ended up being such a hilarious joke after Kirby secured the #1 class. I'm not claiming some sort of authority or supreme understanding of this current situation revolving the program but I do think people need to have some perspective. Don't post something that will end up making you look silly in a few months. Don't post something distasteful towards others. And unless you're @SnoopDawg @HunkerDown10 or @JeffSentell I don't think you should be posting "Told ya so" because you probably don't have any information that's really that exclusive. Try to be more like @tiger_62082 or @bmauldin @christopherules or any other handful of posters who try and really contribute without patronizing or spewing negative energy. We aint all gonna agree but good lord.. we come here to be in good company with other DAWGS. Not to have a wiener measuring contest about how accurate we are on our opinions. @WCDawg is right and this isn't fun anymore logging on and reading this junk. Lets get this cleaned up and move forward after we take out all this frustration of UF tomorrow. That cool?

Comments

• corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Go Dawgs! Is it 3:30 on Saturday yet?

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here Here! Let's get to some football

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm a graduate of Georgia. I have a daughter at Georgia. My son went to Georgia. My father had two degrees from Georgia. My mother....well, you get the drift.

Here we are, the day before the annual game against perhaps our most hated rival. I'm beginning to wonder how many trolls have shown up on our forum to undermine the Georgia football team, its coaches, its program, and the members of Georgia Bulldog Nation.

Go, Dawgs!

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JimWallace said:
    I'm a graduate of Georgia. I have a daughter at Georgia. My son went to Georgia. My father had two degrees from Georgia. My mother....well, you get the drift.

Here we are, the day before the annual game against perhaps our most hated rival. I'm beginning to wonder how many trolls have shown up on our forum to undermine the Georgia football team, its coaches, its program, and the members of Georgia Bulldog Nation.

Go, Dawgs!

That mag cover is both disturbing and hilarious.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@JimWallace said:

Go, Dawgs!

more disturbing for me than hilarious.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@WCDawg said:

@JimWallace said:

Go, Dawgs!

more disturbing for me than hilarious.

It's just Tim being Tim.

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well I'll tell you this. I'm disturbed.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Acrum21 said:
    No real ties to the school other than a couple family members attending and growing up watching and wishing I could suit up in the silver britches some day. I've been lingering around this board since it first opened up. Day 1 podcast listener. I've seen it all and heard it all. All the personalities come and go, all the hot takes, agreements, disagreements, etc. There is a reason people STILL post to the "What's wrong with UGA recruiting?" thread because it ended up being such a hilarious joke after Kirby secured the #1 class. I'm not claiming some sort of authority or supreme understanding of this current situation revolving the program but I do think people need to have some perspective. Don't post something that will end up making you look silly in a few months. Don't post something distasteful towards others. And unless you're @SnoopDawg @HunkerDown10 or @JeffSentell I don't think you should be posting "Told ya so" because you probably don't have any information that's really that exclusive. Try to be more like @tiger_62082 or @bmauldin @christopherules or any other handful of posters who try and really contribute without patronizing or spewing negative energy. We aint all gonna agree but good lord.. we come here to be in good company with other DAWGS. Not to have a wiener measuring contest about how accurate we are on our opinions. @WCDawg is right and this isn't fun anymore logging on and reading this junk. Lets get this cleaned up and move forward after we take out all this frustration of UF tomorrow. That cool?

So only a handful on this board contribute? Got it...

I say just be yourself and don’t try to tell others how to express themselves. Everyone isn’t always 100% right, and everyone isn’t always 100% wrong. People can speak their own mind. If someone gets all bent out of shape over something somebody else said in disagreement on a message board, they must have low self esteem. It’s the internet. This is simply another social media outlet, not a moderated household. Not starting a debate here. But I don’t want someone telling me how to think & feel on here either.

Go Dawgs

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greygoose01 said:

@Acrum21 said:

I say just be yourself and don’t try to tell others how to express themselves. Everyone isn’t always 100% right, and everyone isn’t always 100% wrong. People can speak their own mind. If someone gets all bent out of shape over something somebody else said in disagreement on a message board, they must have low self esteem. It’s the internet. This is simply another social media outlet, not a moderated household. Not starting a debate here. But I don’t want someone telling me how to think & feel on here either.

Go Dawgs

Agree 100% but I've seen a lot more than mere disagreement. And on social media you can choose who to follow and who not to. Here, we all follow the dawgs. So there is a different dynamic and more of a community feel here which IMO makes it great.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Acrum21 said:

@greygoose01 said:

@Acrum21 said:

Go Dawgs

Agree 100% but I've seen a lot more than mere disagreement. And on social media you can choose who to follow and who not to. Here, we all follow the dawgs. So there is a different dynamic and more of a community feel here which IMO makes it great.

Touche. It has gotten a bit redundantly absurd around here lately though. 2 weeks with no UGA football is killer. The mind starts to wonder. People's tempers flare when every single person doesn't agree with them. But no skin off my back. I'm definitely not afraid to call a spade a spade, a jerk a jerk, or an asshole an asshole on here. I'm not here to please anyone, just talk about my DAWGS. I miss the old days around here though. These newbs are flooding in with some crazy sense of internet entitlement. Quite comical actually. Its just an opinionated UGA football message board. Nothing more, nothing less. I just hope to God we beat the Gayturds though. If not, massive fanbase implosion will be at DEFCON 1.

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greygoose01 said:

@Acrum21 said:

@greygoose01 said:

@Acrum21 said:

Go Dawgs

Touche. It has gotten a bit redundantly absurd around here lately though. 2 weeks with no UGA football is killer. The mind starts to wonder. People's tempers flare when every single person doesn't agree with them. But no skin off my back. I'm definitely not afraid to call a spade a spade, a jerk a jerk, or an asshole an asshole on here. I'm not here to please anyone, just talk about my DAWGS. I miss the old days around here though. These newbs are flooding in with some crazy sense of internet entitlement. Quite comical actually. Its just an opinionated UGA football message board. Nothing more, nothing less. I just hope to God we beat the Gayturds though. If not, massive fanbase implosion will be at DEFCON 1.

lmao the bye week has most definitely added to the cabin fever restlessness around here and the newbs are just fuel to the fire