Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

A one time very off topic comment...

Comments

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@benjaminwgregg said:

@Dawg1419 said:

@benjaminwgregg said:
    If we ban assault weapons, we may not stop mass shootings, but we'd definitely make them less effective, and our cops would be safer. 3 cops got shot in Pittsburgh b/c crazy people have better weapons than street cops, and equivalent weapons to SWAT. Thats a problem, and what would a security guard do to stop it, if he's bringing a glock vs an ar 15, and the gunman has the element if surprise?

Ban everything and only criminals will have it. Hence in word criminal. I say we make everything legal. Then we all have nothing worse than the criminal.

I guess, but they've banned assault weapons in a lot of countries and maybe only criminals have them but they sure seem to have fewer mass shootings

So what. I have owned my own business for 20yrs. The nicest people I work for are not Americans. Go figure.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@greygoose01 said:

@WCDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:
    The problem with the national conversation started in the media. Where way too many people just decided it’s a lot easier to make a buck mud slinging rather than to try to educate people. It’s to the point know where it’s impossible to find a legitimate news source covering politics. And then more and more people wanted more and more partisan leaders. You guys who don’t realize what a terrible partisan Obama was were entirely hoodwinked. And then it got to the point where in a general way, 51% of the nation felt like we needed a big mouth to be president to try to beat some of this nonsense back.

This whole thing is part of a process. Acting like there’s just one guy causing it all and if we’d just vote for someone different... You’re still gonna have the underlying fundamental problem of a nation who doesn’t know how to discuss issues. And maybe it doesn’t manifest itself through Trump. But it manifests itself in other ways. And not being able to discuss real problems that need to be fixed, it’s gonna manifest itself in terribly **** ways. A lot uglier than just having to have a president who tweets mean things,

When you have leaders calling mostly peaceful people rapist and murderers, constantly calling the press and the opposition enemies of the people, etc, etc, it will find its way into vulnerable minds and lead to sick actions, that is 100% predictable.

We can be better than this.

That is an incredibly one-sided and biased way of looking at things.

No it's not.
    There is no comparison to the vitriol coming from the leader of the free world. These sick people make it clear that is their source of reference.

I see your source is CNN, Crazy News Network.

FAKE NEWS

Yeah, cause reality is whatever nonsense Trump spews.
    He can bypass the 14th amendment with the **** of a pen.

Didn't Obama bypass immigration laws with a swipe of the pen? I guess it's ok for him. As for the 14 amendment, it is all based on interpretation. What is amazing is that at one time Harry Reid (D) said on the Senate floor that "no sane country" would give children of illegals citizenship.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dailycaller.com/2017/03/03/flashback-friday-harry-reid-1993-no-sane-country-would-give-illegal-immigrants-citizenship-video

Funny how people change thier tone to appease people.

Also, people hate looking on the mirror. People say that President Trump has invited the masses, but don't want to mention Maxine Waters (get in thier face), Hillary Clinton (we can't be civil), Eric Holder (When they go low, we kick them), and there are others. Other than the reception Pelosi got a few weeks ago, when was the last time a Liberal was shouted at while eating or even refused service?
    When was the last time a conservative mob took to the streets and harrassed/threatened people while destroying property?

If this is my Spartacus moment on dawgnation, then so be it.

Lastly, this is the s.t.u.p.i.d.o.u.s. thread ever started on here, and that's saying a lot. I'm not surprised it comes from WC(west coast)dawg.

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@greygoose01 said:

@WCDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:
    The problem with the national conversation started in the media. Where way too many people just decided it’s a lot easier to make a buck mud slinging rather than to try to educate people. It’s to the point know where it’s impossible to find a legitimate news source covering politics. And then more and more people wanted more and more partisan leaders. You guys who don’t realize what a terrible partisan Obama was were entirely hoodwinked. And then it got to the point where in a general way, 51% of the nation felt like we needed a big mouth to be president to try to beat some of this nonsense back.

This whole thing is part of a process. Acting like there’s just one guy causing it all and if we’d just vote for someone different... You’re still gonna have the underlying fundamental problem of a nation who doesn’t know how to discuss issues. And maybe it doesn’t manifest itself through Trump. But it manifests itself in other ways. And not being able to discuss real problems that need to be fixed, it’s gonna manifest itself in terribly **** ways. A lot uglier than just having to have a president who tweets mean things,

When you have leaders calling mostly peaceful people rapist and murderers, constantly calling the press and the opposition enemies of the people, etc, etc, it will find its way into vulnerable minds and lead to sick actions, that is 100% predictable.

No it's not.
    There is no comparison to the vitriol coming from the leader of the free world. These sick people make it clear that is their source of reference.

FAKE NEWS

Didn't Obama bypass immigration laws with a swipe of the pen? I guess it's ok for him. As for the 14 amendment, it is all based on interpretation. What is amazing is that at one time Harry Reid (D) said on the Senate floor that "no sane country" would give children of illegals citizenship.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dailycaller.com/2017/03/03/flashback-friday-harry-reid-1993-no-sane-country-would-give-illegal-immigrants-citizenship-video

Funny how people change thier tone to appease people.

Also, people hate looking on the mirror. People say that President Trump has invited the masses, but don't want to mention Maxine Waters (get in thier face), Hillary Clinton (we can't be civil), Eric Holder (When they go low, we kick them), and there are others. Other than the reception Pelosi got a few weeks ago, when was the last time a Liberal was shouted at while eating or even refused service?
    When was the last time a conservative mob took to the streets and harrassed/threatened people while destroying property?

If this is my Spartacus moment on dawgnation, then so be it.

Lastly, this is the s.t.u.p.i.d.o.u.s. thread ever started on here, and that's saying a lot. I'm not surprised it comes from WC(west coast)dawg.

Wow should have ended that with a THIS IS DAWGNATION!!!!!! Bravo though

• georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@greygoose01 said:

@WCDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

No it's not.

FAKE NEWS

He has a pen and a phone...and his phone battery just died!

WC is a flaming libtard demonrat who hates America.

Who knew?

@georgiaboy said:

@WCDawg said:

@greygoose01 said:

@WCDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

No it's not.

FAKE NEWS

Who knew?

I had suspicions but dislike him for lots of reasons.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@benjaminwgregg said:

@bigdawg2223 said:
    To the comment about countries who have banned “assault weapons” they simply have stabbing and knife attacks.

Also assault weapons are banned in this country as well.

And knife attacks are typically much less deadly than ar-15 attacks, and more easily countered by a "good guy with a gun"

And fully automatic rifles are banned but not assault weapons. We used to have a ban but it sunset in the mid 2000s and now the ar-15 is the most popular rifle in America.

So there’s very few ar-15 attacks and massive amounts of knife attacks.
    I’m not sure you understand the definition of an assault rifle. Ar15s aren’t assault rifles, assault rifles are fully automatic. If you want to complain about high capacity magazines that would be a better debate. The real problem is not blaming people for their actions and blaming things.

To be "technical" there is no such thing an "assault rifle". It is not, nor has it ever been, a classification of rifles. It is purely a figment of the liberal media. AR stands for Armalite Rifle. Its the name of the company that invented it. 20 years in the Marines, never heard the term "Assault Rifle" used to describe any weapon. There are automatic rifles (machine guns), semi-automatic rifles, and handguns.

Interesting info. Maybe they are assault weapons only when used to assault civilians. Again, the power of words.

@donm said:

@pgjackson said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@benjaminwgregg said:

@bigdawg2223 said:
    To the comment about countries who have banned “assault weapons” they simply have stabbing and knife attacks.

And knife attacks are typically much less deadly than ar-15 attacks, and more easily countered by a "good guy with a gun"

And fully automatic rifles are banned but not assault weapons. We used to have a ban but it sunset in the mid 2000s and now the ar-15 is the most popular rifle in America.

I’m not sure you understand the definition of an assault rifle. Ar15s aren’t assault rifles, assault rifles are fully automatic. If you want to complain about high capacity magazines that would be a better debate. The real problem is not blaming people for their actions and blaming things.

To be "technical" there is no such thing an "assault rifle". It is not, nor has it ever been, a classification of rifles. It is purely a figment of the liberal media. AR stands for Armalite Rifle. Its the name of the company that invented it. 20 years in the Marines, never heard the term "Assault Rifle" used to describe any weapon. There are automatic rifles (machine guns), semi-automatic rifles, and handguns.

Interesting info. Maybe they are assault weapons only when used to assault civilians. Again, the power of words.

You are correct, if I beat somebody with a hammer. I “assaulted” them with the hammer so now all hammers must be banned because they’re terrible assault hammers.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@pgjackson said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@benjaminwgregg said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

More civilians have been assaulted and killed by handguns and knives than “assault rifles”, and it’s not even close.

• flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@flemingislanddawg said:
    I assume you mean to include the talk about "go to these peoples homes approach them in stores and restaurants get in there face make sure they know they aren't wanted anymore" "when they go low we kick them". And include a Senator being shot by a **** while at baseball practice and another getting Ricin sent to him in the mail. Just wanted to be sure the accounts aren't being overlooked and cherry picked.

I meant to make a point, not a rant.
    Also, my post wasn't meant for you, we have nothing to discuss outside of sports.

My point was for those taking sides and there shouldn't be sides but some people forget there are 2 sides and both are spewing hate and you just forgot to mention the other side and the riots at the inauguration and Antifa and the shooting at the baseball park and Ricin and leaders telling people to go to their homes etc. Just helping you be balanced. But you probably can't be reached.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

@flemingislanddawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@flemingislanddawg said:
    I assume you mean to include the talk about "go to these peoples homes approach them in stores and restaurants get in there face make sure they know they aren't wanted anymore" "when they go low we kick them". And include a Senator being shot by a **** while at baseball practice and another getting Ricin sent to him in the mail. Just wanted to be sure the accounts aren't being overlooked and cherry picked.

I meant to make a point, not a rant.
    Also, my post wasn't meant for you, we have nothing to discuss outside of sports.

My point was for those taking sides and there shouldn't be sides but some people forget there are 2 sides and both are spewing hate and you just forgot to mention the other side and the riots at the inauguration and Antifa and the shooting at the baseball park and Ricin and leaders telling people to go to their homes etc. Just helping you be balanced. But you probably can't be reached.

NO, I DIDN'T. I'm referring to the GD president of the United States for Christ sake.. People can pretty much say what they please, but leaders have a responsibility and Trump is a rabble rousing manipulator of the worst in human nature.

People probably get the leaders they deserve, we don't deserve much.

edited October 2018
  • TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    I never want to try to have an adult conversation with you people again.

What do you mean “you people?” #wordsmatter

edited October 2018

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

What do you mean “you people?” #wordsmatt

Talk sports, don't bother with much more.
    My bad.

edited October 2018

@12ed said:

@WCDawg said:

Ouch

Sorry, it's true though. It's just not worth the trouble. I should know better, I had a weak moment last night.

@12ed said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@georgiaboy said:

@WCDawg said:

@greygoose01 said:

@WCDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

No it's not.

FAKE NEWS

Who knew?

I had suspicions but dislike him for lots of reasons.

Way to further the discussion,

Ouch lol

edited October 2018

Sorry folks, I broke a rule and I'm reminded why we have the rule, I'll try to suppress the next late night expansive impulse.
    I'd give the OP a DV if I could.

@WCDawg said:
    Sorry folks, I broke a rule and I'm reminded why we have the rule, I'll try to suppress the next late night expansive impulse.

Hey sorry is in your vocabulary! I’m impressed! I’d venture to say it’s probably not just here though politics is a no no on lots of other boards or it just doesn’t go well there either.

@bigdawg2223 said:

@WCDawg said:

Hey sorry is in your vocabulary! I’m impressed! I’d venture to say it’s probably not just here though politics is a no no on lots of other boards or it just doesn’t go well there either.

No doubt, especially in the times we live.
    This country is in an **** place right now.

@12ed said:

@WCDawg said:

@12ed said:

@WCDawg said:

Ouch

Sorry, it's true though. It's just not worth the trouble. I should know better, I had a weak moment last night.

Most people approach politics emotionally anyway. It either becomes an echo chamber or a shout fest on the interwebs. Just no bueno.

No mas...GO DAWGS.