Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Something is going on..

Comments

• Options
    tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@darklango said:
    How would they benefit from coming back? Kirby is not developing skill positions. The program is turning in the wrong direction

Thats why i wonder if theyre leaving because of Chaney.

• Options
    Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What I think a lot of people are failing to realize is that as a junior you're not leaving because you don't like your OC. This is their livelihood. If they make the wrong decision then it costs them not only money but they don't wont have a degree and don't have another opportunity to suit up. This is a big decision. To think it's because they just don't like Chaney is just asinine, lazy and irresponsible.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

@tymoon31 said:

@Kasey said:

@tymoon31 said:

@Kasey said:

@tymoon31 said:
    You cant tell me something isnt going on behind closed doors. Whether its the offensive guys that cant stand Chaneys play calling or Kirby handling the team in a bad way, something just doesn't feel right. I expected a few to the draft but all of these OFFENSIVE players have me wondering.

I think you're having confirmation bias of your poor opinion of Chaney

I havent attacked chaney all that much. I have been displeased at times but cant wonder if some of these guys are tired of the conservativeness

I'm not saying you were...just saying that if you don't like him and want a change then all of the early departures/transfers are going to confirm what you think. You're biased against Chaney (maybe so/maybe no) and these confirm the bias

*not trying to be a t u r d here, trying to explain myself

Oh, gotcha. Not saying i want him gone, but would like him to open it up a bit and maybe thats what some of these guys think as well.

https://forum.dawgnation.com/discussion/11180/what-may-have-been-the-real-issue-this-season/p1

This OP helped me understand our offense a bit better this season regarding Chaney and opening it up and not opening it up

• Options

@Acrum21 said:
    What I think a lot of people are failing to realize is that as a junior you're not leaving because you don't like your OC. This is their livelihood. If they make the wrong decision then it costs them not only money but they don't wont have a degree and don't have another opportunity to suit up. This is a big decision. To think it's because they just don't like Chaney is just asinine, lazy and irresponsible.

Im not saying i think its just the lack of likeness of a coach, rather another year of less than stellar oppurtunities to show their talents. Idk just seems odd to me after all the juniors that came back last year.

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,175 mod

Just wondering who Chaney does not pass the ball to next year with his .#69 passing offense. May as well go to the League where you will get more than 2 targets a game

• Options
    jb6423jb6423 Posts: 31 ✭✭ Sophomore

This happens, everyone relax. Big time prospects want to see players drafted after 3 years. Enjoy the ride and have some faith in Kirby!! The sky is not falling

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tymoon31 said:

@Kasey said:

@tymoon31 said:

@Kasey said:

@tymoon31 said:
    You cant tell me something isnt going on behind closed doors. Whether its the offensive guys that cant stand Chaneys play calling or Kirby handling the team in a bad way, something just doesn't feel right. I expected a few to the draft but all of these OFFENSIVE players have me wondering.

I havent attacked chaney all that much. I have been displeased at times but cant wonder if some of these guys are tired of the conservativeness

I'm not saying you were...just saying that if you don't like him and want a change then all of the early departures/transfers are going to confirm what you think. You're biased against Chaney (maybe so/maybe no) and these confirm the bias

Oh, gotcha. Not saying i want him gone, but would like him to open it up a bit and maybe thats what some of these guys think as well.

I would like the offense opened up--but that is not necessarily Chaney's call. Kirby dictates philosophy.

• Options

@JayDog said:

@tymoon31 said:

@Kasey said:

@tymoon31 said:

@Kasey said:

@tymoon31 said:

I would like the offense opened up--but that is not necessarily Chaney's call. Kirby dictates philosophy.

I understand this as well which is why i threw kirby in there as a possible reason as well

• Options
    reheckmanreheckman Posts: 117 ✭✭✭ Junior

We had one of the most productive offenses in the nation. I would be more worried about someone taking Chaney.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

Please. This happens to Bama and OSU every year. They must have terrible coaches! All that's going on is that we are getting better. Expect next year that Thomas, Wilson and maybe our starting RG leave early. That I guess means that Pittman is a bad coach also.

• Options
    oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tymoon31 said:

@brentwilson said:
    or the coaching staff is doing their job developing players to go to the NFL. get used to it. this will be a yearly occurance.

I get that, but they didnt all seem ready. Hardman and Ridley are the main ones im surprised with.

I think it was a realistic look at the Georgia receiver core. At the end of the year Jeremiah Holloman was starting in front of Hardman and Ridley and Tyler Simmons was playing as much as either of them. If it looked like any of Demetris Robertson, Kearis Jackson, Tommy Bush Jr. and Matt Landers were also pushing for and increased role. They may have thought this is my year and I need to make the best of it.

• Options

@WayxGaDawg said:
    I should not be surprised by the reaction from our fan base over guys going to the NFL, but just when I thought I had heard it all, now somehow our OC is the reason our players are "going to the NFL"! The reason they are going to the NFL is to GET PAID! Their dreams of playing in the NFL are stronger than their desire to play another year at Georgia! Does that really surprise anyone! Also, you get rid of Channey and you can kiss Sam Pittman Good Bye! Please stop overreacting to every decision 19 and 20-year-old young men are making!

Theyre going early... when each of these guys outside of nauta would increase their draft grades tremendously. Which in turn, pays more money. In my mind the only juniors that should really leave is a 1st or maybe a 2nd round pick. Beyond that, it pays big to come back.

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wonder if the timing orchestrated from Coach Kirby. Get it all over with instead of a slow bleed. Also news out early to work on finishing class with > #s.

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@tymoon31 said:

These guys were ready to follow their dreams. All will be drafted and it's next man up.

• Options

@EricDawgs1 said:

@tymoon31 said:

These guys were ready to follow their dreams. All will be drafted and it's next man up.

I agree, just bothering me theyre all offensive guys and a big hit at the receiving core.

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

if Chaney is the problem i am sure they will get him out of there

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It won't hurt us 1 bit next season.we still have size and speed in the group.we'll miss Maura more than the other guys.and maybe 1-2 changes their minds and come back.