Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Texas A&M

Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/1/21/18190886/texas-a-m-2019-jimbo-fisher
Pretty good case for A&M either being a dark horse playoff candidate or another 8 win regular season team. I think they could be a team to really keep an eye on next season. They'll lose at Clemson week 2 but then they get a couple of layup games at home before a bye week and Bama at home week 7. If they pull one out of their hat that could set them up for a decent run before they finish at UGA and at LSU. I personally think they finish around 9-3 with their losses to Clemson, Bama and UGA or slipping up and beating Bama but then losing to LSU. Either way they should be a pretty fun team to watch here in the next few years.

Comments

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mond is a Heisman darkhorse

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought they peaked against Clemson last year and next really played close to that level again. Especially Mond. If this was a road game i would feel very differently but with it being the last SEC game of the season Athena is going to be rocking. We will have the better roster top to bottom and a significant home feild advantage.

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MeR3htid said:
    A&M is gonna b a dangerous game for a Georgia team that should b coming off a de facto SEC East Championship game victory over Florida and could b ripe for the upset to a hungry A&M team that will probably have as much or more riding on this game as Georgia. Dawgs beware.

They also get a week off before us.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They're coming in fresh off of a bye ( Which I didn't know) and we're coming off of hopefully, an emotionally draining victory over Fla in the Swamp. Georgia will most likely b on upset alert that week and if they lose 1 in the regular season (because I cant c 2 losses) this could b it.

• DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Acrum21 said:
    https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/1/21/18190886/texas-a-m-2019-jimbo-fisher
    Pretty good case for A&M either being a dark horse playoff candidate or another 8 win regular season team. I think they could be a team to really keep an eye on next season. They'll lose at Clemson week 2 but then they get a couple of layup games at home before a bye week and Bama at home week 7. If they pull one out of their hat that could set them up for a decent run before they finish at UGA and at LSU. I personally think they finish around 9-3 with their losses to Clemson, Bama and UGA or slipping up and beating Bama but then losing to LSU. Either way they should be a pretty fun team to watch here in the next few years.

I'm not confident forecasting aTm this year. Clemson loses a lot this year, right? Maybe the Aggies win that game and beat 'Bama but lose to the Dawgs twice?

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The won't be able to hold up to our Hosses on the O-line and our defense is fast enough to run with them when they try to spread us out.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@MeR3htid said:
    They're coming in fresh off of a bye ( Which I didn't know) and we're coming off of hopefully, an emotionally draining victory over Fla in the Swamp. Georgia will most likely b on upset alert that week and if they lose 1 in the regular season (because I cant c 2 losses) this could b it.

UGA will be coming off a cake walk three possession victory high, which is worse. But I agree: A&M has the best shot at beating UGA. At least it's a home game which might make the difference.

Should be a big home night game, Athens will be rocking and the players will be ready to roll

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

ND will be the glamor game, A&M will have big time importance.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,566 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A&M should be very good. But I have never seen a team with the preseason top 3 on their schedule
    (Alabama, Clemson and Georgis) and two are on the road. Add LSU, Auburn, Miss St, , South Carolina and that is a ridiculously difficult schedule

• PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We should win, but I predict a scary close game.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think that Florida game could b a nailbiter that could go either way but Im going with the Dawgs because of their far superior personnel. But Dan Mullens ability to develope QBs and coach an inferior team up is unquestioned. This is Florida were talking about folks, not FIU so I wouldn't go in assuming victory. This ain't your big brothers Gators. Dawgs beware.

• BigGAdawgBigGAdawg Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We will certainly face a lot of challenges this year. I looked ahead to 2020 also and we could potentially play Bama three times with a regular season match from the west, a SECCG, and if we split the first two and both teams are otherwise undefeated, both could be in the CFP like last year. No dull schedules in the SEC.

• KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

I just spent my last 3 years in Aggie country. I know they are more excited now than anytime since Johnny left. They’re recruiting really well and jimbo is a heck of a coach.

Mond is pretty good, and jimbo can get the best out of QBs. There were drives where mond took over and was awesome, others where he looked frankly bad. They also have some size at receiver. Losing their rb but that’s a position I’m sure they’ll have some talent at next year.

Don’t think they have the depth of an elite squad yet, which matters more since we play them late. Also had some of the worst pass coverage in high level ball last year, but stopped the run tremendously well. Also Kyle field is rowdy, so getting them at home is a big plus.

I’ll have friends coming into town for the game and if we lose it’ll sting worse than losing to Florida for me personally

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

we won't lose at home, just saying

• TDawgTDawg Posts: 163 ✭✭✭ Junior

@tiger_62082 said:
    Mond is a Heisman darkhorse

lol

• VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

Its hard to say that will be a harder game then @ Auburn... We have yet to beat a west team on the road with Kirby at the helm. Just sayin.

• MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MeR3htid said:

It helps if you actually look at the schedule. UGA will be coming off of the Auburn game in Auburn and Texas A&M will be coming off of the South Carolina game.