Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell Interesting offer to Paris Brown.

Would this be an insurance plan for MAR ?

With this offer, I still don’t understand why no offer to Jamious Griffin.

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We do not throw it enough for the WR but throw it enough to attract elite QBs?

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DogsNotDawgs said:
    We do not throw it enough for the WR but throw it enough to attract elite QBs?

As a player you want the ball in your hands. Thats the thinking here. I understand it.
    A QBs thinking. Wow I got this great OLine and RB stable I can throw 20 times a game and we will win.
    A WRs thinking. Wow they have this great QB, RB and OLine. They throw it 20 times a game. Im one of 11 scholarship WRs not counting the 4 TEs. Im probably going to get 1 to 2 set plays and maybe 1 or 2 I just happened to be open. Man we will but I wont have stats.

• Options
    tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Rico Powers has been known as a football and basketball star in Savannah, Ga. at Benedictine, but he has given up the hard court to focus on the gridiron.

The four-star wide receiver is running track this season to stay in shape and work on his speed, but he knows his football is his future.

Western Kentucky was first to offer the Rivals250 talent. Georgia then offered last year while watching him practice basketball. Since then, offers from Arkansas, Auburn, Kentucky, Nebraska, Ole Miss, South Carolina and Tennessee among others have rolled in.

He knows this is a big off-season for him.

"I have given up basketball to focus on football," said Powers. "I will run the 100m, 200m and do all the jumps in track, but I am focused on football now.

"I had 23 touchdowns my junior season, but I know I can get better. I look at this year compared to last year, and I can tell a difference. I had a good season. I had 16 rushing touchdowns playing the wing in our offense and the others were receiving.

"The schools showing the most interest right now are Georgia, Purdue and Arkansas. Georgia has been down to check on me, I have been talking a lot to coach Chad Morris (Head coach) and Justin Stepp (Wide receivers) a lot and Purdue has really been on me. They have not offered yet, but they are showing a lot of interest.

"Other schools that haven't offered that are showing interest are Florida State, Florida and South Florida.

"I am just working to get out there to camps and show what I can do this year. I am waiting, staying patient and just seeing who all offers me. I want to wait it out, see what options I have and all that before I commit. I am focused now on showing my abilities on the field.

"I want to get out and take more visits. I have only visited Georgia and South Carolina so far. I want to take visits to Arkansas, Kentucky, Nebraska, Tennessee and schools like that. I just want to see other schools and see if I like it.

"I could commit early if I see the right fit, but right now, I am thinking it will happen right after my senior season. I am just looking for the right fit."

RIVALS REACTION

Powers is a talented athlete that is not talked about as much as he should be. In his offense, he may not get to showcase all of his skills at the receiver position, but he is an athlete with good size, strong hands and the ability to make plays on the ball in the air. He is a physical player as well. He just has not had the time to hit the road yet and explore his options. Powers is one who will be busy with track and 7v7 this spring, but in between those commitments, he will take visits. One thing important to him is playing time. He is going to look at depth charts and for an offense that will get him the ball.

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:
    Coley & Kirby need to change this perception if we hope to consistently land elite WRs.
    The sentiment expressed below is widespread out there.

This was a quote from highly touted 2020 WR EJ Williams after his visit to Athens this past weekend:
    “I mean right now I fit well at Georgia in my eyes even though they are a run-heavy school,” he said. “That’s a big thing for me, too. … They don’t throw the ball that much.”

He did say that receivers on his high school team worked alot on blocking. I do understand your point though

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BrooklynDawg said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@BrooklynDawg said:

Real G’s move in silence like lasagna

If you can find the 02 version of him, let me know.

02-08 was peak TBH.

100%. Note to the kiddos, the purple drank will kill you and your creativity.

That's a fact.

Grape cool aide? That's why I never drank the stuff

• Options
    tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RPMdawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:
    Coley & Kirby need to change this perception if we hope to consistently land elite WRs.
    The sentiment expressed below is widespread out there.

This was a quote from highly touted 2020 WR EJ Williams after his visit to Athens this past weekend:
    “I mean right now I fit well at Georgia in my eyes even though they are a run-heavy school,” he said. “That’s a big thing for me, too. … They don’t throw the ball that much.”

He did say that receivers on his high school team worked alot on blocking. I do understand your point though

That part is obviously of secondary importance

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    TvilleDawgTvilleDawg Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

What does PWO mean?

• Options
    gadawginpagadawginpa Posts: 39 ✭✭ Sophomore

Preferred Walk-On

@TvilleDawg said:
    What does PWO mean?

• Options