Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CTDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Different Myles Murphy (this one is from NC)

Is it too greedy to ask for both? And is it low hanging fruit to say that opposing QBs would be up against Murphy's Law in that scenario?

Zing .... Nice

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@CTDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Is it too greedy to ask for both? And is it low hanging fruit to say that opposing QBs would be up against Murphy's Law in that scenario?

Zing .... Nice

Thank you. That one felt kinda cheap, won't lie to you

• Options

@JeffSentell said:
    Always tip my hat to the databases maintained by 247Sports.

Their latest 2020 grid now has the Bulldogs with sending out offers to 179 prospects in this class.

73 of those have already gone out to DL or WR prospects. Kind of sends a pretty clear tell, right?

@JeffSentell As of today , how many WRs (assuming we get one more in 19) and DL commute do the Dawgs take in 2020 ?

I have 3 WRs, and 6 DL (DT/DE). *also have one OLB that could be a hybrid OLB/DE type.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell said:
    The two trips to Stanford cinched it for me. We kept swapping messages after I posted that story.

When he said he had taken two trips to UGA and two to Stanford, that was a pretty big tell.

Especially for a kid from The Tar Heel State.

This is likely very naive, but unless Karty is a real brain, he should consider UGA as an undergraduate, then a top tier school, as qualified, for graduate/professional schooling. Why? Because UGA will fully provide him a collegiate football experience, with most likely high profile exposure in post season games(, and its academics aren't too shabby). He won't get that at Stanford.

I say this even though as a kicker with top tier results, he could likely go to Slippery Rock U and still work on Sundays.

• Options
    edited January 2019

@JeffSentell said:
    Early pecking order for me so far on the WR evals. .....

What I'm looking at here is legit mutual interest between UGA and said prospect. That includes having been on campus at least one time already.

1. Jermaine Burton (This guy will likely stay here for me for a good long while for the 2020 class.)
    2. EJ Williams
    3. Justin Robinson (this young man just keeps growing. Do you know he plays a lot of CB in high school, too?)
    4. Rico Powers
    5. Dazalin Worsham

Not sure about 4 and 5 yet. But the film I've seen on Worsham does say special athlete and skill set. He just hasn't put it all together yet. He's not an immediate double for a good HS opponent in a big game yet.

https://247sports.com/Player/Rico-Powers-Jr-46052241/

Bammer commit, but great name:
    https://247sports.com/Player/Dazalin-Worsham-46042539/

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/justin-robinson-224592

https://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Robinson-46058884/

• Options
    HumbleYourselfHumbleYourself Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@FirePlugDawg said:

@JeffSentell said:
    The two trips to Stanford cinched it for me. We kept swapping messages after I posted that story.

When he said he had taken two trips to UGA and two to Stanford, that was a pretty big tell.

This is likely very naive, but unless Karty is a real brain, he should consider UGA as an undergraduate, then a top tier school, as qualified, for graduate/professional schooling. Why? Because UGA will fully provide him a collegiate football experience, with most likely high profile exposure in post season games(, and its academics aren't too shabby). He won't get that at Stanford.

I say this even though as a kicker with top tier results, he could likely go to Slippery Rock U and still work on Sundays.

I cant fault any kid who qualifies for a full ride to Stanford for taking it. That's amazing stuff right there.

• Options
    ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Somebody get this guy on a hunting trip with Fromm and Cleveland so we can close the deal here.

• Options

@Acrum21 said:

Somebody get this guy on a hunting trip with Fromm and Cleveland so we can close the deal here.

And Mays (TN boy who hunts)

• Options

@Acrum21 said:

"El Dawg" sent him a hunting photo of Fromm and Cleveland originally from Fromm

• Options
    RobbieRob14RobbieRob14 Posts: 217 ✭✭✭ Junior

We got an overnight CB for Dominic Mammarelli- TE and current Miami commit.
    Any news on this guy?

https://247sports.com/Player/Dominic-Mammarelli-46051465/

• Options
    jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@HumbleYourself said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

@JeffSentell said:

I cant fault any kid who qualifies for a full ride to Stanford for taking it. That's amazing stuff right there.

Losing someone to Stanford never is the same gut punch feeling of losing them to another school. Full ride to Stanford is one hell of an accomplishment. I secretly always pull for Stanford outside of my dawgs of course.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RobbieRob14 said:
    We got an overnight CB for Dominic Mammarelli- TE and current Miami commit.
    Any news on this guy?

https://247sports.com/Player/Dominic-Mammarelli-46051465/

Hartley in on him. Had him hooked into Miami. They’re just following tea leaves. It’ll be Gilbert & someone. Maybe Mammarelli.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CTDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Every bad result a Murphy can cause will happen?

• Options

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

And Mays (TN boy who hunts)

Somebody contact his graphic designer and tell him the power G is too small. I kid I kid.

Edit: is the graphic cryptic? Couple of schools over the birds in hand...maybe that’s the final 4?

The G is on his right leg, out of frame of this. Pretty small one, with a pardon the expression, T, below that. Must get to the original to see them.

This discussion has been closed.