Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

My experience with Dawgs247/247sports

Comments

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

If you still have access to the site and discussions then you are not technically banned, just blocked from posting.

Any type of censorship s u c k s especially when you are paying to be there, main reason I won't pay and line the pockets of a low life corporate excutives and biased reporters like CBS.

Kipp is right when he sez it is thier site it is and they can run it any way they want, and the best retaliation a paying member has is to cancel and not give them anymore $$$$.

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So Jeff knows stuff he does not share. One example being that he does not want to ruin suspense of a commitment. Is that what you get from pay sites is that they drop that discretion?

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is why I love Dawg Nation, Jeff, and Brandon..ect

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

What he said wasnt that bad if you take it in context. He offered to continue the discussion and said he hoped you would stay as a customer, but you chose to focus on the worst. What kind of response did you expect when you lead with, “I’m a paying customer, I can post whatever I want, and I’m going to report you to the BBB”?

You.come.across.like.a.little.**** and for good reason.

The guy has actual work to do but is constantly sidelined by having to deal with millennials who throw their entitlement mentality at him. He answers the way he does because he’s been conditioned to the response because this has happened 1000 times. Literally. He doesnt have time to explain to someone that they do not, in fact, have the right to post whatever they want. Attacking the moderators and writers on just about any site like 247 will get you banned. It’s common sense. Try standing inside a Starbucks with the purpose of telling everyone you think their coffee is too expensive and the staff is rude. You’ll get told to leave in a hurry - even if you are a paying a customer. This is about the only site where that behavior is tolerated. My guess regarding why is that Mike Griffith and Chip Towers are actually real journalists, so they’ve heard it in emails from people since the day they started working.

Your gripe about their cancellation process is also misplaced. He doesnt control the finances.

Thanks for the laugh.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

@Bankwalker said:
    What he said wasnt that bad if you take it in context. He offered to continue the discussion and said he hoped you would stay as a customer, but you chose to focus on the worst. What kind of response did you expect when you lead with, “I’m a paying customer, I can post whatever I want, and I’m going to report you to the BBB”?

The guy has actual work to do but is constantly sidelined by having to deal with millennials who throw their entitlement mentality at him. He answers the way he does because he’s been conditioned to the response because this has happened 1000 times. Literally. He doesnt have time to explain to someone that they do not, in fact, have the right to post whatever they want. Attacking the moderators and writers on just about any site like 247 will get you banned. It’s common sense. Try standing inside a Starbucks with the purpose of telling everyone you think their coffee is too expensive and the staff is rude. You’ll get told to leave in a hurry - even if you are a paying a customer. This is about the only site where that behavior is tolerated. My guess regarding why is that Mike Griffith and Chip Towers are actually real journalists, so they’ve heard it in emails from people since the day they started working.

Your gripe about their cancellation process is also misplaced. He doesnt control the finances.

Thanks for the laugh.

Didn’t bother to read...one trick pony.

BTW @douchebag(Bankwalker) I don’t particularly care for you but I try to not comment on your posts as I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion. The few times I’ve “come at you” I’ve regretted it after the fact as I’m not here for political/social debate and moved on. I haven’t ignored you because again, opinions are like arseholes, but I actually DVed you for the first time today.

When you obviously only take the time to comment in a shtty way towards my threads/posts it doesn’t exactly give you the maturity “high ground” to stand on. I’d say seeking out my posts to sht on them or give a TLDR repeatedly tends more towards this “millennial” attitude you speak of than my trying to just not engage with you. I’m actually NOT a millennial but my generation DID learn the saying “if you don’t have anything good to say, don’t say anything at all”. You must have missed that one.

TLDR: Obvious troll is obvious. Carry on and keep showing your ass, just don’t expect further reply from me. You currently have jumped WC with a bullet to be the first person I’ve ignored on here. (And how old is this guy with his “get off my lawn you millennials” crap anyway?)

edited January 2019

@scooterdawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

Thanks for the laugh.

BTW @douchebag(Bankwalker) I don’t particularly care for you but I try to not comment on your posts as I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion. The few times I’ve “come at you” I’ve regretted it after the fact as I’m not here for political/social debate and moved on. I haven’t ignored you because again, opinions are like arseholes, but I actually DVed you for the first time today.

When you obviously only take the time to comment in a shtty way towards my threads/posts it doesn’t exactly give you the maturity “high ground” to stand on. I’d say seeking out my posts to sht on them or give a TLDR repeatedly tends more towards this “millennial” attitude you speak of than my trying to just not engage with you. I’m actually NOT a millennial but my generation DID learn the saying “if you don’t have anything good to say, don’t say anything at all”. You must have missed that one.

TLDR: Obvious troll is obvious. Carry on and keep showing your ass, just don’t expect further reply from me. You currently have jumped WC with a bullet to be the first person I’ve ignored on here. (And how old is this guy with his “get off my lawn you millennials” crap anyway?)

Thanks for the 2nd laugh. You claimed not to read my response, and then referenced what I posted - incorrectly. I didn't call you a millennial. I said he has to deal with millennials all day. Reading and comprehension.

As for regretting coming at me - glad to hear it. That was my goal. Don't come at me and I won't come at you. I would have kept my opinion about your post to myself if it had been just about anyone else.

@Bankwalker said:

@scooterdawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

Thanks for the laugh.

Thanks for the 2nd laugh. You claimed not to read my response, and then referenced what I posted - incorrectly. I didn't call you a millennial. I said he has to deal with millennials all day. Reading and comprehension.

As for regretting coming at me - glad to hear it. That was my goal. Don't come at me and I won't come at you. I would have kept my opinion about your post to myself if it had been just about anyone else.

Thanks for showing what a **** you are :)

And btw, I have NEVER posted any crap on any thread you started nor do I seek out your posts to be a dick, so let's not act like this was anything but you showing your ass. Now carry on as you so often state you have better things to do than read my posts..though you DO have the time to click on/reply to them just to be a dick, so that's odd, but thew type of logic I'd expect from you. Now carry on. I actually DO have better things to do and am running late :)

edited January 2019

@scooterdawg said:
    Now carry on as you so often state you have better things to do than read my posts..

I'll mail you a slice of pizza if you can find a single time I've made that remark - to anyone. Saying you have better things to do while posting on a forum like this is a head scratcher. If so, wouldn't you be doing those things? Crediting me with that remark makes me think you've got me lumped in with a couple different people. With me it's very much "reap what you sow". Tired of the squabble? I think that's great, but actions speak louder than words.

edited January 2019

@Bankwalker said:

@scooterdawg said:
    Now carry on as you so often state you have better things to do than read my posts..

I'll mail you a slice of pizza if you can find a single time I've made that remark - to anyone. Saying you have better things to do while posting on a forum like this is a head scratcher. If so, wouldn't you be doing those things? Crediting me with that remark makes me think you've got me lumped in with a couple different people. With me it's very much "reap what you sow". Tired of the squabble? I think that's great, but actions speak louder than words.

Oh, I'm sorry..your TLDRs or outright insults on my posts are meant with the utmost respect huh? And here I thought you were just a D-bag with a grudge. Sorry if I hurt your feelings by DVing you a few times for trying to hijjack my thread and then not waiting around for your petty reply. Seems you made good use of the time by starting a thread bemoaning downvotes in such a d-baggy way that you reaped even more and realized perhaps not everyone finds you as captivating and humorous as you are in your own head. I care so little about DVs that you're one of the few not named rattler or Bamaway that I've bothered to. But if it makes you feel better I'll take them back. Didn't know you were such a sensitive type...

Edit: my apologies to everyone for bumping this thread again. Sometimes it can be tough to remember that engaging in petty squabbles with petty people is pointless and just gives them what they want.

@scooterdawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@scooterdawg said:

Oh, I'm sorry..your TLDRs or outright insults on my posts are meant with the utmost respect huh? And here I thought you were just a D-bag with a grudge. Sorry if I hurt your feelings by DVing you a few times for trying to hijjack my thread and then not waiting around for your petty reply. Seems you made good use of the time by starting a thread bemoaning downvotes in such a d-baggy way that you reaped even more and realized perhaps not everyone finds you as captivating and humorous as you are in your own head. I care so little about DVs that you're one of the few not named rattler or Bamaway that I've bothered to. But if it makes you feel better I'll take them back. Didn't know you were such a sensitive type...

Edit: my apologies to everyone for bumping this thread again. Sometimes it can be tough to remember that engaging in petty squabbles with petty people is pointless and just gives them what they want.

Have it your way, buttchugger.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

@Bankwalker said:

@scooterdawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@scooterdawg said:

Lmao

• umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m a member at 247. I’m going to guess that most of your posts on 247 were complaints about not getting enough information or accusing the 247 staff of being biased towards Bama or biased in some other way. Those kinds of posts add nothing towards the discussion and are pretty worthless all the way around. However, I do think that their mods should let you know what you were banned for.

Also, just so you know they do have mods other than Jake, Kipp, and Rusty although they certainly “mod” the board as well.

@Bankwalker said:

@scooterdawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@scooterdawg said:

Wow. I don't even have to try to make you look like an immature ass...you do a great job of it yourself. Difference between you and me is that I know I can be a dick and actually try to avoid it. You're either delusional as to how you come off or just don't care. I've actually lost the sliver of respect I had for you. Need a pat on the head? :)

• RedFiveRedFive Posts: 99 ✭✭✭ Junior

@scooterdawg said:
    Just thought I’d share my experience in being a paid 247 member. I’ve mentioned it before but I signed up for a “trial” account in the week leading up to ESD. To be fair, I looked and was aware that it wasn’t going to be just a matter of clicking a button to unsubscribe, though of course that’s all it takes to subscribe. According to 247sports in the fine print you must call a 1-800 number or send an email during normal business hours requesting cancellation. Now I personally think that this policy is intentionally set up to squeeze an extra payment out of people by making it a PITA, but as I said I researched enough to find this out so it is what it is and I’m considering contacting the Better Business Bureau to let them know how they run their business.

My main issue with the site, outside of my personal opinions on the Dawgs247 main writers and their biases, is that I have posted under 20 times on the Junkyard board yet have had posts deleted/been banned multiple times with zero explanation. In the description of what you’re buying with a subscription is included premium access to your teams board. I guess that means be able to read what others have posted or whatever you post that agrees completely with the moderators as my comments that led to being banned were mildly critical of Kipp Adams. By mildly critical I mean as to his opinions/how he does his job. Nothing personal and honestly a hell of a lot gentler than much of the pushback Chip or Griff get on this forum.

So anyway, I thought I’d post an exchange between Kipp Adams(one of the two main writers for Dawgs247 and the one who has banned me). In the interest of full disclosure I’m posting the whole thing even though the initial message from me was made when I was pissed off so may seem petty:

I’m gonna buy a membership just because I wasted time reading this crying nonsense. Try reading a user agreement every now and then.

@RedFive said:

@scooterdawg said:
    Just thought I’d share my experience in being a paid 247 member. I’ve mentioned it before but I signed up for a “trial” account in the week leading up to ESD. To be fair, I looked and was aware that it wasn’t going to be just a matter of clicking a button to unsubscribe, though of course that’s all it takes to subscribe. According to 247sports in the fine print you must call a 1-800 number or send an email during normal business hours requesting cancellation. Now I personally think that this policy is intentionally set up to squeeze an extra payment out of people by making it a PITA, but as I said I researched enough to find this out so it is what it is and I’m considering contacting the Better Business Bureau to let them know how they run their business.

My main issue with the site, outside of my personal opinions on the Dawgs247 main writers and their biases, is that I have posted under 20 times on the Junkyard board yet have had posts deleted/been banned multiple times with zero explanation. In the description of what you’re buying with a subscription is included premium access to your teams board. I guess that means be able to read what others have posted or whatever you post that agrees completely with the moderators as my comments that led to being banned were mildly critical of Kipp Adams. By mildly critical I mean as to his opinions/how he does his job. Nothing personal and honestly a hell of a lot gentler than much of the pushback Chip or Griff get on this forum.

So anyway, I thought I’d post an exchange between Kipp Adams(one of the two main writers for Dawgs247 and the one who has banned me). In the interest of full disclosure I’m posting the whole thing even though the initial message from me was made when I was pissed off so may seem petty:

I’m gonna buy a membership just because I wasted time reading this crying nonsense. Try reading a user agreement every now and then.

I’m sorry for holding a gun to your head and forcing you to read an Off Topic thread. Thanks for taking the time to comment though. /s. BTW people, I posted this under Off Topic, stated numerous times that I realized it was petty on my part to do so, and put stuff in such as “I’m sure it states in the terms of service” in my replies. You don’t like me or my opinion? Great...didn’t force anyone to read it and by taking the time to leave a sh$tty reply you’re being just as petty as me.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgnms said:

@Bankwalker said:

@scooterdawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@scooterdawg said:

Lmao

In my head I imagined the Kenny Powers/Danny McBride from East Bound and Down saying it.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@scooterdawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@scooterdawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@scooterdawg said:

Wow. I don't even have to try to make you look like an immature ass...you do a great job of it yourself. Difference between you and me is that I know I can be a dick and actually try to avoid it. You're either delusional as to how you come off or just don't care. I've actually lost the sliver of respect I had for you. Need a pat on the head? :)

Between this thread and the thread where he’s tallying up all the DV’s he’s received by person, it’s becoming more and more clear who BamkWalker is. He just hasn’t posted anything memorable enough that the board at large remembers who he is.

@RxDawg said:

@dawgnms said:

@Bankwalker said:

@scooterdawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@scooterdawg said:

Lmao

In my head I imagined the Kenny Powers/Danny McBride from East Bound and Down saying it.

Ha! That's how it was meant, too. I was even having a PBR at the time.

edited January 2019

@scooterdawg said:

@RedFive said:

@scooterdawg said:

I’m sorry for holding a gun to your head and forcing you to read an Off Topic thread. Thanks for taking the time to comment though. /s. BTW people, I posted this under Off Topic, stated numerous times that I realized it was petty on my part to do so, and put stuff in such as “I’m sure it states in the terms of service” in my replies. You don’t like me or my opinion? Great...didn’t force anyone to read it and by taking the time to leave a sh$tty reply you’re being just as petty as me.

Just as petty? Think about what was in your heart when you originally posted. The post is a deliberate effort to intentionally harm someone's business because you apparently don't think you need to follow their rules. Think about that. You're probably someone who leaves mostly negative reviews on Yelp, too.

I met Kipp 15 years ago. He's a nice guy, and has a family just like the rest of us. Choose to spend your money elsewhere if you want, but trying to convince others not to is a sign of a dark personality.

Saying you "know you can be a dick but try to avoid it" in the same thread you started with purely negative intent is a wee bit intellectually dishonest, no?

• MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is the perfect example of what is wrong with America. Most people would just simply cancel their membership and chose not to give a business money. However, because of social media and message boards, everyone think that their opinion matters and needs to be heard. Then when they get offended that no one really cares about their opinion, they try to get other people to harm a business or individual. If all you bring to a board is disagreement and criticism instead of thoughts and insights, the board is better off without you.