Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    IwantNakobeIwantNakobe Posts: 286 ✭✭✭ Junior

Insiders saying we would take cross over elam, and elam gave us a silent commit. We don't have enough spots for both of them though. Pickens wants to flip, but grades are questionable. I would take elam, cross, and pickens if we can, but I doubt we get all three. Have a great night and Go Dawgssss.

• Options
  • Options
    ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Is this worth registering too? Is it free? I would like to get involved with another site but dont know which one.

• Options
    Swamp_LizardSwamp_Lizard Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

@jarred_buck said:

@Swamp_Lizard said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Swamp_Lizard said:

@christopherules said:
    @CZCashvilleDawg I would laugh and laugh and laugh if we actually GET Elam!!! He’d be like about as big of a COUP as was getting the Swamp-lizards DB Coach was!!! PS - I’m not “expecting anything”... but getting that kid could be really great!! GO DAWGS!!!

Speaking as an official Swamp Lizard, many of us actually owe you guys a "thank you" card. Warren isn't a bad coach by any means, but quite a few of us (including myself) were unhappy with the techniques he was teaching. Y'all taking him off our hands allowed us to land Torrian Gray, one of the best DB Coaches in the business. Should be interesting to see what happens with Elam. Seems like both our fanbases feel good about him.

Wasn’t he also ranked as y’all best recruiter? Is it normally common practice to be happy when the best coach and recruiter on the staff bails, especially considering how it went down? Asking for a friend...

I’d agree Gray is a good hire. Should elevate y’all somewhat...isn’t Grantham on year two of DC, though? I’d encourage you to fact check his year two stats at his programs.

He was not.

Wrong! Yes he was. You have sour grapes because your best recruiter is gone. No other gator coach is in the top 25 and now the one that was in the top 25 has the G beside his name.

Feel free to stick around and read about all of the recruits that want to commit to the G though. As for the ones that we turn away, your team can fight it out for them with the rest of the SEC East.

Nah. I was happy to see him go when we landed Torrian Gray. When the rumors started coming out of Washington that Gray was out, I told some people that he better not end up at UGA or Bama because Gray's ability to coach up the talent y'all land would be unfair. I did a lot of celebrating when we landed him.

As for Warren's recruiting, it wasn't anything special. 247 gives him credit for Chris Steele and Tyron Hopper, but Warren wasn't the main recruiter on either guy. Ron English was the reason we landed Steele, and C-Rob was the reason we landed Hopper. C-Rob is our ace recruiter on defense. Our fanbase is worried y'all will hire him away (with him being a former UGA player and all).

Regardless, I'm not too concerned about anything right now. The Gators are headed in the right direction. I like our coaching staff. Our recruiting class will be solid at worst. We have a lot of coaches who are strong at teaching and player development. My only complaint with our coaching staff right now is Grantham. I don't think he's a bad DC, but he outsmarts himself and makes his scheme more complex than it needs to be. He'd be a much stronger DC if he took his mentor's philosophy (Wade Phillips). Keep things simple, let your guys play fast, and play to their strengths.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Swamp_Lizard said:

@jarred_buck said:

@Swamp_Lizard said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Swamp_Lizard said:

@christopherules said:
    @CZCashvilleDawg I would laugh and laugh and laugh if we actually GET Elam!!! He’d be like about as big of a COUP as was getting the Swamp-lizards DB Coach was!!! PS - I’m not “expecting anything”... but getting that kid could be really great!! GO DAWGS!!!

Speaking as an official Swamp Lizard, many of us actually owe you guys a "thank you" card. Warren isn't a bad coach by any means, but quite a few of us (including myself) were unhappy with the techniques he was teaching. Y'all taking him off our hands allowed us to land Torrian Gray, one of the best DB Coaches in the business. Should be interesting to see what happens with Elam. Seems like both our fanbases feel good about him.

Wasn’t he also ranked as y’all best recruiter? Is it normally common practice to be happy when the best coach and recruiter on the staff bails, especially considering how it went down? Asking for a friend...

I’d agree Gray is a good hire. Should elevate y’all somewhat...isn’t Grantham on year two of DC, though? I’d encourage you to fact check his year two stats at his programs.

He was not.

Wrong! Yes he was. You have sour grapes because your best recruiter is gone. No other gator coach is in the top 25 and now the one that was in the top 25 has the G beside his name.

Feel free to stick around and read about all of the recruits that want to commit to the G though. As for the ones that we turn away, your team can fight it out for them with the rest of the SEC East.

Nah. I was happy to see him go when we landed Torrian Gray. When the rumors started coming out of Washington that Gray was out, I told some people that he better not end up at UGA or Bama because Gray's ability to coach up the talent y'all land would be unfair. I did a lot of celebrating when we landed him.

As for Warren's recruiting, it wasn't anything special. 247 gives him credit for Chris Steele and Tyron Hopper, but Warren wasn't the main recruiter on either guy. Ron English was the reason we landed Steele, and C-Rob was the reason we landed Hopper. C-Rob is our ace recruiter on defense. Our fanbase is worried y'all will hire him away (with him being a former UGA player and all).

Regardless, I'm not too concerned about anything right now. The Gators are headed in the right direction. I like our coaching staff. Our recruiting class will be solid at worst. We have a lot of coaches who are strong at teaching and player development. My only complaint with our coaching staff right now is Grantham. I don't think he's a bad DC, but he outsmarts himself and makes his scheme more complex than it needs to be. He'd be a much stronger DC if he took his mentor's philosophy (Wade Phillips). Keep things simple, let your guys play fast, and play to their strengths.

Grantham's system too complex? Where have I heard that before?

• Options
    bhs11bhs11 Posts: 457 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Swamp_Lizard said:

@jarred_buck said:

@Swamp_Lizard said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Swamp_Lizard said:

@christopherules said:

He was not.

This is a very accurate post

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@Swamp_Lizard said:

@jarred_buck said:

@Swamp_Lizard said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Swamp_Lizard said:

@christopherules said:

He was not.

Grantham's system too complex? Where have I heard that before?

Ooh! I know! I know!

• Options

@ThisDawg said:

Is this worth registering too? Is it free? I would like to get involved with another site but dont know which one.

free just need an email and password

• Options
    ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@IwantNakobe said:

@ThisDawg said:

Thanks. Any news on a new username? Maybe IWANTGILBERT

• Options

@ThisDawg said:

@IwantNakobe said:

@ThisDawg said:

Thanks. Any news on a new username? Maybe IWANTGILBERT

Wish I could change this one, but I might just have to make a new acc

• Options
    tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

A name that is heating up in the 2020 class is Jay Hardy of McCallie School in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

The 6-foot-5, 265 pound athletic defensive lineman was recently offered by Georgia and he has a connection there already.

“I like them a lot, one of my good buddies, Zion Logue is going there and he is really trying to convince me to go there and I am going to visit this weekend, “ Hardy said.”He keeps telling me how much I am going to like it there and how coach (Tray) Scott gets things done right.”

He admits the offer from the Bulldogs caught him off guard a little.

“I had been getting a lot of mail from them, but no so much in contact with the coaches, until coach Scott came by and offered me,” he said.

With a few visits set up in the coming weeks, do not expect a decision anytime soon.

“I want to narrow it down on June 2nd and I probably will not commit until after football season,” he said.

"Spoke with 2020DL Jay Hardy yesterday morning and he is going to be at UGA this weekend. He is getting a lot of new offers almost daily. He said that Zion Logue is working him hard to join him in Athens already."

It's a worthwhile question after the Bulldogs hosted 2020 Saguaro High School (Scottsdale, Arizona) five-star cornerback Kelee Ringo, who put in a visit to Athens last weekend.

“It was a really great visit—a great time to meet with Coach [Charlton] Warren and all the staff," Ringo said. "Coach Kirby Smart was really good, too. I like Georgia a lot. Honestly, they’re a really good school that I’ll have in mind throughout this process. I’m just ready to move forward, keep taking visits there, and building relationships with coaches. I like the players there, also. They treated me very well.”

But will the distance be a hangup?

“No sir,” Ringo said quickly.

For the 6-foot-1, 180-pound defensive back, the vibe at Georgia stood out.

“It’s been great just to see the place and whether it’s the right fit for me for a great college experience," he said. "I just want an atmosphere that’s a home away from home, and I’m really looking for that. I want to see if it’s a good fit for me for college.”

The Georgia coaches tried to show how Ringo would fit.

“[Coach Warren] is a great coach, honestly," Ringo said. "We had dinner and breakfast a few times, and he’s just a great coach overall. He wants to develop me, and he said I can play in the SEC. My size and speed is hard to find, and I’m the kind of combination he’s seeking.”

All factors considered, the Bulldogs sit in a good spot for what could be a major recruiting opportunity. Ringo said he will "probably" give the Dawgs an official visit. That would go a long way in helping Georgia's chances.

Part of Georgia's appeal also stems from the school being in the SEC.

“It’s a huge argument, but it’s always been said that the SEC is the best college football in the nation," Ringo said. "It’s the most competitive.”

Each of the conference members, along with most of the nation, have been stopping in to see Ringo.

“Honestly, pretty much all the SEC has been through, and the Big 12. Really, it’s been schools all around the country," Ringo said of recent visitors.

• Options

Kirby Smart saw Ole Miss commit Jonathan Mingo last night. This will be his one and only in-home visit with Mingo. The Rivals250 receiver was considering a visit to Athens this weekend so hopefully Smart and company can lock down that visit. Smart is expected to go in-home with both Brett Seither and Mark-Antony Richards today. He went in-home with Kaiir Elam on Tuesday with James Coley, Cortez Hankton and Charlton Warren.

I am told Jonathan Mingo was up in the air regarding the Georgia official this coming weekend. After a visit from Kirby Smart, that visit is a go for this weekend. The Ole Miss commit will take his final visit to Athens this Friday-Sunday then make his final decision a couple days after.

James Coley and Cortez Hankton went in-home with George Pickens last night as well. Pickens is expected to visit Tennessee this weekend.

This kid is visiting this weekend:
    https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2022/gunner-stockton-232416

NORCROSS, Ga. — It is that time. The 7v7 season is starting up, so tryouts are being held, and Hustle Inc. held their first of two tryouts Sunday. Hustle Inc. is based out of Atlanta and has one of the top teams in the country. After watching close to 200 players compete, here are 10 players that impressed.

NATIONAL
    STATE
    POSITION
    RASHAD
    BATTLE
    RANK
    6'3" | 185 LBS | CB
    CREEKSIDE
    FAIRBURN, GA
    CLASS OF 2020
    UNDECIDED

The recruitment for Battle has recently picked up. He has added offers from Duke, Kansas and Maryland among others the last couple of weeks. He is a long cornerback who covers a lot of ground in a hurry. His length is a real asset at his position. He played the ball well and as he fills out his frame, he is only going to get better.

POSITION
    JAVON
    BULLARD
    RANK
    N/A
    5'11" | 170 LBS | CB
    BALDWIN
    MILLEDGEVILLE, GA
    CLASS OF 2021
    UNDECIDED
    Bullard is a new name. He is only a sophomore, so he was on the opposite side at first working with the 15u team, but after a strong performance, he got called over to play with the older guys. He is a very confident player who was in on rep after rep making plays. He had numerous pass break-ups, and at his size, he is going to draw a lot of attention as his name gets out there. He did enough for us to create him a profile on Rivals.com.

NATIONAL
    STATE
    POSITION
    ZE'VIAN
    CAPERS
    RANK
    6'4" | 215 LBS | WR
    DENMARK
    ALPHARETTA, GA
    CLASS OF 2020
    UNDECIDED
    Capers stands out immediately due to his size and length at wide receiver. Rivals.com broke this week that he is down to four schools — Arkansas, Clemson, Florida and South Carolina. He is looking to make a decision in the next month or so. What stood out as much as anything Sunday was his route-running. He was making decisive, sharp cuts and creating good separation. His hands were consistent too.

NATIONAL
    STATE
    POSITION
    CJ
    DIXON
    RANK
    6'6" | 217 LBS | DUAL QB
    GRAYSON
    LOGANVILLE, GA
    CLASS OF 2020
    UNDECIDED
    Dixon is out there competing, learning and working to get better. He has a lot of tools college coaches really like. LSU is the most recent school to offer. Alabama, Georgia and Ohio State are some of the others who have pulled the trigger. He is still raw, but he is a big quarterback with a great frame, a live arm and a really high ceiling. He is showing development with his accuracy and footwork early this year.

NATIONAL
    STATE
    POSITION
    ARIK
    GILBERT
    RANK
    6'5" | 248 LBS | ATH
    MARIETTA
    MARIETTA, GA
    CLASS OF 2020
    UNDECIDED
    What hasn’t already been said about this five-star athlete? Gilbert is a freak. What was most impressive about Gilbert at this event was the fact that he was there to compete. Not many top 10 prospects in the country would have been there doing drills, going hard for three hours and having fun doing it. He is an elite talent looking at Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma and Tennessee. He made all the plays and he was a difficult match-up for anyone.

POSITION
    MARQUIS
    KILLEBREW
    RANK
    N/A
    6'0" | 170 LBS | CB
    BROOKWOOD
    SNELLVILLE, GA
    CLASS OF 2022
    UNDECIDED
    This is a freshman to know. He has an offer from Bowling Green, but he is going to add a lot more than that. The 2022 cornerback out of Snellville (Ga.) Brookwood was as smooth in the drills as anyone. He has such fluid hips, then you see the length and footwork, and you can expect this young man to be a major Power 5 target much sooner than later. His dream school is LSU.

POSITION
    GUNNER
    STOCKTON
    RANK
    N/A
    6'1" | 195 LBS | PRO QB
    RABUN COUNTY SCHOOL
    TIGER, GA
    CLASS OF 2022
    UNDECIDED
    Stockton is a young quarterback, but you would not know it when watching him compete. The 2022 quarterback has already picked up offers from Arkansas State, Army, Colorado State, Georgia Tech, Rutgers and Tennessee Tech. He will add plenty more. He threw for 2,917 yards and 34 touchdowns as a freshman. He is such a smart quarterback. He throws with good timing, good accuracy and receivers love playing with him.

NATIONAL
    STATE

POSITION
    TAJIRI
    SMITH
    RANK
    5'11" | 165 LBS | CB
    HAPEVILLE CHARTER
    ATLANTA, GA
    CLASS OF 2020
    UNDECIDED
    Smith has added offers from Coastal Carolina, Tennessee State and Western Kentucky the last couple of weeks. Boston College offered him first and he is visiting the Eagles this weekend. Smith is a technician. He can play corner or slot and he is a smart player with great awareness. He is physical and had a high success rate in coverage Sunday.

POSITION
    AJ
    SWANN
    RANK
    N/A
    6'2" | 180 LBS | PRO QB
    CHEROKEE
    CANTON, GA
    CLASS OF 2022
    UNDECIDED
    The quarterback group was strong and Swann was another one that stood out. He is another freshman, but with his size and arm strength, he is going to have many schools checking in on him in the coming years. No offers yet, but they will come. Swann is a name to track.

STATE

POSITION
    KYLE
    TOOLE
    RANK
    6'2" | 195 LBS | PRO QB
    LEE COUNTY
    LEESBURG, GA
    CLASS OF 2020
    UNDECIDED
    Toole is one of the more under-recruited quarterbacks in the state of Georgia at this time. He has an offer from Howard and William and Mary, but he should, and will, have more. He is a strong-armed quarterback with good fundamentals and very consistent. He throws a very catchable ball and showed nice touch Sunday. Expect his offer list to really grow over the spring. Rutgers, Troy and West Virginia are showing interest.

• Options

Not only are there uncommitted prospects out there that are looking to make decisions leading up to National Signing Day, but there are some committed prospects that are deciding if they want to stay with that program or flip to another.

https://247sports.com/player/jonathan-mingo-46047181/

VERBAL COMMIT
    7/31/2018
    MISSISSIPPI
    Committed to: Ole Miss

The buzz: Mingo is still committed to Ole Miss, but will he stay with the Rebels? He visited Mississippi State a couple of weeks ago and he is expected to visit Georgia this weekend. Mississippi State looks to be the biggest threat to Ole Miss at this time. The Rebels had a change at offensive coordinator, but Rich Rodriguez laid his plan out to Mingo last weekend and it was well received. The visit seemed to go well in Oxford, but Mingo is not ready to completely shut things down yet. Joe Moorhead and his staff have made a strong push too.

https://247sports.com/Player/George-Pickens-46043191/

VERBAL COMMIT
    7/21/2017
    AUBURN
    Committed to: Auburn

The buzz: Pickens has been one of the most talked about prospects in the country the last month and a half. After not signing with Auburn in December, Pickens, without hardly saying anything, has captured the interest of much of the country. LSU was viewed as the biggest threat at one time, but the Tigers appear to have fallen down his list. Georgia and Tennessee are two programs to watch now. He was in Athens a couple of weeks ago and Tennessee will host the five-star wide receiver this weekend. Can Auburn hold on? It looks to be 50-50 right now and Pickens has everyone guessing as we inch closer to Signing Day.

https://247sports.com/player/john-rhys-plumlee-46047798/

VERBAL COMMIT
    6/15/2018
    GEORGIA
    Committed to: Georgia

The buzz: Plumlee was at Ole Miss last weekend and there is a lot of buzz around the Rebels right now. He spent time with the football and baseball staff in Oxford and the Rebels have put themselves in good position here. The Georgia commit will visit Florida State this weekend and the Seminoles are still searching for a quarterback in this class. Mississippi State, like Ole Miss, is a threat to Georgia. With Georgia signing two quarterbacks in December and asking Plumlee to blue shirt, we expect the dual-threat quarterback to flip come Feb. 6.

Junior wideout Justin Robinson of Eagles Landing Christian is no stranger to Athens, and after his trip last weekend, he believes the Bulldogs have something different working.

"UGA is definitely a special place. Being close to home is good, but the people there make it better," Robinson said. "Everything about UGA is special -- the people, facilities, everything."

The 6-foot-4, 207-pound receiver got a dose of all of the above during his last stop.

"The visit was great. I really enjoyed being up there," Robinson said. "I got to listen to the nutritionist and the trainers and things like that. I also got a chance to sit down with Coach [Cortez] Hankton and go over some plays. He wanted to see if I knew a little something. I think the best thing was the photo shoot we had at the end."

Hankton has been clear with Robinson on Georgia's need.

"He's knows the position really well, and he's a really cool dude," Robinson said. "I believe he can make me better on the field and off the field. They've told me wide receiver is a priority for 2020. They have some good kids offered, so we'll see how it turns out."

The 2020 star isn't shy about his feelings toward the program.

"UGA is up there right now," Robinson said. "I like Notre Dame and Virginia as well, but right now, UGA is up there. I'm going to South Carolina this weekend. I'll see Notre Dame and Wake Forest soon, too."

It was only a matter of time for Justin Robinson. After missing his freshman season due to injury and sitting out as a sophomore due to transfer rule, he was ready to make a splash in 2018 as a junior.

The 6-foot-4, 200 pound wide receiver out of McDonough (Ga.) Eagles Landing Christian School finished with 14 touchdowns catches, four interceptions and a state title last season.

After impressive camp performances over the summer, Boston College and Virginia offered. Georgia offered early in the season and then Wake Forest was next. Things have really picked up in 2019. Florida, Florida State, Kentucky, Notre Dame and South Carolina among others have offered in January.

His recruitment has taken off.

"I have been picking up a lot of new offers," said Robinson. "Coaches have been telling me they like my height, how physical I play and my grades. It has been a lot of fun, but a little stressful too. It is a lot to handle with school and stuff, but it is fun.

"Out of the schools that have offered, I have been to Boston College for camp, Virginia for a camp and game, Georgia for a few visits and Florida for a game. I am going back to South Carolina this weekend, Virginia February 9 and I am going to Notre Dame on February 23. I have already visited Georgia for a basketball game this year and I will be going back there again.

"I have not visited South Carolina yet, so I am looking forward to that. I have been talking to coach Bryan McClendon. I It will be my first time at Notre Dame and I know about their history, so I want to see what it is like there.

"I was at Florida for the Kentucky game and the crowd was crazy. It was a good atmosphere there.

"Right now, I have Georgia and Virginia as my favorites. I like it up at Virginia because they make me feel at home. The coaches are great and I just like the feeling there. Georgia is close to home, they are a top five team and the coaches are on me hard. Coach [Cortez] Hankton and coach Kirby Smart are talking to me a lot.

"I am not planning to make a decision until later in the season. I want to take my official visits in the fall, then make my decision. I am still looking around and it is really hard to narrow my list down too much with all the offers coming in. I am just taking my time.

"I am going to search for the school that I feel can make me a better player, a place that is family oriented and somewhere that has strong academics."

RIVALS REACTION

Robinson's offer list is going to continue to grow and he is planning to take a lot of visits in the coming months. He has already visited Georgia and he has three planned for February already. Look for the soon-to-be four-star to be very active this winter and spring. Georgia and Virginia did a great job of getting on him early and establishing relationships, so we expect the Bulldogs and Cavaliers to be in this race until the end.

• Options

UGA has already made sure they showed their face to him. I expect UGA to offer in the coming months.

This kid is going to be a star. Next great one at GAC, a top program in metro Atlanta.

He not long ago gave up golf for football, and that was a very smart move.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2022/addison-nichols-233372

Addison Nichols grew up playing golf.

The 6-foot-5, 268 pound freshman started playing golf around the age of two or three years old. He had wanted to play football, and finally, in seventh grade, he got to put on the pads and start dominating in the trenches.

That change of sports has already paid off.

The big offensive tackle has already pulled in offers from Duke, LSU, USC and Vanderbilt just over halfway through his freshman year. Many more are to come and he is a name to know.

"I cannot believe this all came so sudden," said Nichols. "I still haven't had time to comprehend it all. I am very excited to get the offers, so it is a great feeling and I am ready to just keep working and getting better for next year.

"This was not what I was expecting. When I get the call from coach Hardy about an offer, I am surprised by it.

"I got to talk to coach Ed Orgeron and he was saying some great things. It was awesome to speak with him, the defensive back coach (Corey Raymond) and learn more about LSU.

"I didn't start playing football until the seventh grade, so I never had a favorite school growing up. I just didn't have that college team that I loved and all that, but after I started playing a couple of years ago, I started liking Clemson.

"I went to Clemson camps after my seventh and eighth grade years and I loved the entire experience there. Coach Dabo Swinney delivers a good message and I really like it there.

"I still do not know a lot about the schools that have offered me. Vanderbilt has a great academic program and I know all are great schools, so I am going to learn more about them.

"I just didn't expect all this to happen this soon. I am excited about it."

Expect Nichols' offer list to really grow this spring during the evaluation period as schools put an eye on him at spring practice. He is likely to take a couple of visits in the coming months too, to really start the recruiting process. He went to a Clemson game in the fall and you have to think the Tigers are very aware of Nichols by now. He is starting this process early, a lot like other GAC stars, Christopher Hinton (Michigan signee) and Myles Hinton (Stanford commit), we could see Nichols make an early decision like they did.

https://247sports.com/Player/Lanell-Carr-46050333/
    https://247sports.com/Player/Jordan-Johnson-46050063/

Georgia coaches have been in the school of St. Louis (Mo.) DeSmet LB Lanell Carr a couple times this month (Rivals100 class of 2020 WR Jordan Johnson, who holds a UGA offer, is also at that school) and want Lanell to visit Athens this winter. No offer yet, but he talks about their interest:

St. Louis (Mo.) DeSmet 2020 linebacker Lanell Carr has been steadily adding scholarship offers since last spring, and is reciprocating that interest with campus visits. This past weekend the three-star prospect made his first visit to the University of Kentucky for the Wildcat’s Junior Day.

“When I first got there I felt welcomed,” Carr said. “All the coaches, it seemed like they were excited to see me. I just felt at home.”

Carr came away impressed with the emphasis Kentucky placed on both their academics and weightlifting. He also was comfortable with where the coaching staff projects him if he were to choose the Wildcats.

“I had talked to Coach Dillon Sanders about what positions they see me at,” Carr said. “I know I am not 6-5, and that’s mainly d-end size. They were saying they see me at outside linebacker, and that’s perfect for me.”

Carr is looking to plan additional junior day visits this winter, with Arkansas, Kansas State and Purdue three schools under consideration for trips.

“I talked to Georgia and they wanted me to come to their junior day, so I am going to make a trip to Georgia,” Carr said. “He was saying they had a junior day this weekend, but it was late notice for me. I think they have some in March.”

Georgia has yet to extend a scholarship offer to Carr, but they have been picking up interest in the St. Louis prospect this winter.

“They came to the school before, but it wasn’t my position coach,” Carr said. “He was telling me he liked my size and he was going to get back with the linebackers coach. Today, the linebacker coach came and he wanted to see me work out and lift weights.”

At this time Arkansas on Feb. 10 is the most likely next destination for Carr this winter. Razorback defensive line coach Steve Caldwell was expected in-school Wednesday and Carr hoped to discuss that possibility with him then.

As a junior Carr lined up at both linebacker and defensive end for a 9-3 DeSmet team, finishing with 50 tackles including 13 for loss and five sacks, along with an interception for the season.

• Options

https://247sports.com/Player/Quincy-Brown-46055396/

Quincy Brown saw his stock begin to take off last spring, as SEC offers from Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi State all rolled in for the talented wide receiver.

That trend has continued into January, as Auburn put an offer on the table after a school visit from wide receivers coach Kodi Burns last week.

Which school could be next to offer?

On the Auburn offer: “I felt like it was coming. I visited there last summer.”

On upcoming visits: “Probably to LSU a few times and Georgia. I’d like to go to Oklahoma, too.”

On Georgia: “I’m real cool with Coach (Cortez) Hankton. They’ve been talking to me a lot.”

On who’s next to offer: “Either (LSU wide receivers coach) Mickey (Joseph) or Coach Dave (Johnson) from Tennessee. I’ve been chopping it up with him (Joseph), so I believe they’re close. They keep coming by the school.”

While LSU has yet to offer Brown, there’s reason to believe the Tigers will eventually extend an offer to one of the state’s most dangerous wide receiver prospects. It will likely follow a visit for a junior day at some point this spring.

Georgia has been a favorite of Brown’s for some time. He visited multiple times last year along with former Destrehan (La.) teammate John Emery, who eventually switched his commitment from Georgia to LSU and signed in December. The Dawgs still covet the 2020 wide receiver.

With most of the Class of 2019 sown up, Georgia staffers used the opportunity last weekend to host a number of preferred walk-on candidates as well as some of the best rising young players in the nation.

The No. 2 overall player in the 2020 class, Houston-based running back Zachary Evans was among those top juniors taking in Athens.

“The first time I went, we had to rush through campus. This time, we took our time and had a good talk with Coach [Kirby] Smart," Evans said. "I also had a good talk with Coach [Dell] McGee. Overall, I just got to get exposed to more than I did last time.”

Evans told us last summer he was already comfortable in Athens and with the staff, but the recent weekend visit seemed to sure that up.

“It feels better, actually, because I’m able to talk to them about my success," he said. "We talked about theirs as well, and we talked about what they wanted to be next year.”

As for the future of the program, the 6-foot, 195-pound back sees a clear mindset.

“They are a team that’s going to compete. They’re called dogs for a reason," Evans said. "They’re going to come out there, fight, and give it all they’ve got.”

With schools across the nation pushing for the five-star tailback, Evans isn't ready to make any calls yet, but he may be back in Athens for a crucial stop.

“I’ll think about taking an official visit there," he said.

Marshawn Lloyd visited two southern schools last weekend and has another visit coming up this weekend. The Hyattsville (Md.) DeMatha star took some time to explain how his two most recent visits went.

“I’ve been traveling a little bit trying to figure out what my top five or 10 is going to be,” Lloyd said. “I’ve only visited a few schools so far so I have a lot to go. Track is taking up a lot of time right now.

“I’ve been up to Penn State a couple of times and then I went to Georgia and Clemson this past weekend,” he said. “Georgia was great. It was a crazy experience and something different. They have a really good community out there and a good alumni base.

“They showed me a lot of things that they do that can help me succeed there,” said Lloyd. “It was a great experience and I really liked all the coaches. Coach McGee, the running backs coach, is a really good coach and I talk to him a lot. I'm feel like I build a better bond with the guys.

“I think they used three running backs last season and I like the way they use them,” he said. “It's ‘RBU’ pretty much it's a great place for running backs. Yes, I really enjoyed myself and I think they help them selves with me. It really opened my eyes.

“Clemson was a crazy experience,” Lloyd said. “They just won the national championship and even though their coach wasn't there I still got to see coach Elliott and it was fun. I was there for about an hour and a half. I didn’t get a chance to see as much as I did at Georgia but I really enjoyed seeing what I did see. I really want to get back soon.

“I’m taking a trip this weekend to South Carolina,” he said. “I really liked Miami and first but now that coach Brown just came to South Carolina I really want to build a relationship with him. He's a really good coach and I want to see how everything is at South Carolina. I've never been there before.

“I definitely want to go to Alabama, North Carolina, and Penn State too. All the times I've been to Penn State it was for football reasons for DeMatha and I never really got a chance to take an actual recruiting visit. I also want to visit Auburn, Texas, and Stanford. There really are a lot and a some others that I didn’t list.”

Lloyd is a long way from making any big decisions in his recruitment but Georgia, Clemson, and Penn State have to like where they stand right now. Prior to his visit to Athens, Georgia has been viewed as No. 2 or 3 at the very worst among Lloyd’s leaders but they definitely helped their case this past weekend. Clemson should expect Lloyd back on campus at some point this spring or summer as well. South Carolina has a great chance to impress Lloyd this weekend but there is plenty of work to be done here before the Gamecocks are considered one of Lloyd’s leaders. Expect Lloyd to visit a number of schools later this spring and into the summer, possibly narrowing his list down in the early part of the summer.

• Options
    amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good stuff @tiger_62082 as always, but sum it up bro; tldr….. You’ve earned the respect on here that we know you don’t post BS – you’re normally spot on – sum it up.

Just so it’s clear and not misunderstood, this is meant as a compliment not a complaint. :)

• Options
    JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,564 admin
    edited February 2019

Quincy "Sticks" Brown. Destrehan HS. Have known about that guy and his wares for over a year now.

Complicated recruitment up ahead. ''

EDIT: Voice text got me on this first edition for this one.

This discussion has been closed.