Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

G-Tech Recruiting Under Collins

CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited March 2019 in Off Topic

Comments

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He’s going to take a few. I think mid tier SEC/ACC squads will have a higher level of competition for a few top 300 players 150-300.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

They will definitely get that first class bump. Could even see him get top 15. Still is going to get ours, Clemson, Bama, and Auburn’s leftovers though

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Would be surprised to see him wind up with one or a combo of RB -K Pryor & M Todd

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This will hurt UT and SCAR more than UGA. They are on GT type level and recruit the same area.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wouldn’t mind that now, it’ll be 3 years before that OL is where it needs to be. Kobe and Mecose are ballers. Don’t need them running behind a formidable line. I think AU/SC someone to watch for Kobe unless he gets offer from us. Kobe paired with Tank could be a problem with the chickens.

Saw a CB to Auburn for Pryor. I could see Tank you Scar, Pryor to Auburn and Todd to Tech (to pair with J Giffin last cycle)

Def agree on the oline. Need to swap out the smallish oline for some beef. I’d suspect there offense will be zone based runs for atleast the next two years.

• DCochranDCochran Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Eh, their getting all giddy about this Gleason kid, who is the 91 ranked player in the state of Florida by one service and the 97th by Rivals, and not even ranked on the Pro-QB list. We might have been sniffing at him, but Cincinnati, Duke and Illinois were his other top offers. No offense to the kid, but he looks like a 'if all else fails, take him as a consolation prize...' for the UGAs, Bamas and Clemsons of the world. I'm not losing any sleep over this one getting away.

It's be a crying shame, however, for a good talent like M. Todd to end up at a cess-pool like Tech. This kid looks like the real deal and I'm hoping our coaches keep an eye on him and secure a commit. But I got this feeling we got our eyes on some bigger trophy bucks so-to-speak at the RB positoin. Well see.....

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Collins had built his staff with alot of local ties.Tech will take players from uga too at some point.it depends on him winning games early.with them stepping up their recruiting game it'll help GSU and Ga.State also.

• BrettGarrBrettGarr Posts: 152 ✭✭✭ Junior

There are only 130 or so Division 1 football programs, so if your quarterback is #91 at his position that should put you in the lower half of all D1 programs.

Kid isn’t #91 this cycle at QB. His current rating falls between #20-30 Pro style QB. That’s not bad with most offers being Mid to High tier Power 5 teams.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Talk to me when they have a college OL and DL. Maybe some LB's and DB's too.

That doesn't mean they aren't good.there are some fcs teams better than d1 teams also.its all about how the player plays when they get to college

Underrated receiver they just picked up. Kept away from some SEC teams.

Maybe they have some luck with Grayson plaayers bc the Dawgs sure doesn't

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They'll be decent in a couple of years when they can de-program that veer out of the player's heads that stayed around. Right now, Collins' biggest priority should be finding some offensive linemen that know a blocking technique other than diving at the knees.

edited March 2019