Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Favorite Donut

I know we have a bunch of spring football content, but I thought I'd get a totally unserious thread going also. I think I know most people are gonna say Krispy Kreme here and I don't blame you. Whenever I'm back home I pull in whenever I see the sign shining. Here in NYC we only have one KK left, and it doesn't have the sign.

KK-original glazed, sour cream cake donut

Dunkin- they have a seasonal cookie dough donut that I get fat just thinking about but it's my favorite

If you find yourself up here in the big apple...give this one a try

What's your favorite where you live? Do you have a local specialty besides KK?

Comments

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Foster’s Donuts in Thousand Oaks, CA (where I grew up). Had an addiction for maple bars and bear claws in high school, would go regularly after I got my license.

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

TatoNut Donut Shop Ocean Springs Ms.

People line up 6 am and usually sold out by 10 am

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll second your Krispy Kreme original, as well as sour cream cake donuts and bear claws. I grew up on Dunkin Donuts, and I give them credit for introducing me to a wide variety, from Boston creme to jelly-filled to crullers. But nothing at DD can compare to a hot, fresh, glazed from KK.

Hot & fresh is the key to a good donut, no matter where you buy it. My mother also taught me how to salvage a stale donut by cutting it in half (like a bagel) and toasting it. Worth a try if you've never done it.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod
  • MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Never tried that with a stale donut, usually just gave them to the dog. I’ll try it if there’s any left next time...

This thread is really making me need to go find a gym or something.

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Holtz Glazed Donuts. Local bakery here in Waycross and there's one in Alma. Shizz is off the chain. People still say that, right?

• volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

KK- Chocolate/peanut covered cake donut. This thread reminds me of the donut eating contest on Duck Dynasty.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's in Tech country but there's a place downtown called Sublime Doughnuts...highly recommend. They have like an orange cream one that's excellent but they are all good..nice variety.

As far as KK goes ya can't beat the way a hot glazed melts in your mouth but I'm partial to a raspberry filled from time to time. As far as DD goes..I don't consider them worth the calories.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2019

Old fashioned glazed sour cream.

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wonder how @swilkerson73 feels about donuts.

• ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited March 2019

warm KK's with black coffee. No sugar needed. I do like those apple filled with cinnamon sugar on top.

• benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Perhaos a controversial tske but I prefer a kruller glazed cause there's a bigher surface area to volume ratio and thus more glaze to stick

• umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Revolution doughnuts has several really good ones.

• deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod

What I would do for a KK right out of the fryer can not be stated on such a reputable site as Dawgnation. The German Berliner does not compare in any way.

• corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A KK original glazed ....

My wife is blueberry cake fan

I also enjoy the strawberry frosting with sprinkles as well.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2019

Never met a donut from anywhere I didn't like. If it is in my mouth--it's my favorite.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Krispy Kreme Blueberry

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2019

@Kasey I have been fortunate to have traveled the over a lot of our states, and even overseas too... I have been to lots of good (and a few bad) Mama & Daddy (locally owned) Donut shops. My favorite donuts are always the old-fashioned glazed. I love many of varieties of the other kinds too. But there is something about that particular one that, whenever I am asked? I just have to have one! Or two!!! Hahahahahaha!!! PS - The National Chains of Krispy Kreme, and Dunkin Donuts are both fine. They are both consistent in their quality, and they produce great tasting donuts more often than not.