Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

DawgNation bracket challenge

Comments

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2019

The bad news, I was rally bad in Fridays' games, just 10-6. I went a paltry 70% in the first rd on my ESPN bracket.

The good news, I'm alive in 15 of the 16 games in the next rd. I have 1 team in 7 games and both teams in 8 games. So I'll live to fight in at least 2 more rds.

YEA ME !!

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

Number 151! Let me off at the top!

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Horrid day yesterday (9-7). I think if I went out in the back yard to pick daisies i'd fall over.

• Options
    edited March 2019

Orlando. I can't see having both Young and Morant. It's hard to imagine trading Trae after the season he's having, so that leaves moving the pick or taking a player like Barrett who has less market value.

I'd move the pick if I could make a good deal.

Also, I keep referring to Morant as Murray, as in Murray St. I'm turning into Trump, he keeps calling people by their company's names. I think he refered to Steve Jobs as Steve Apple.

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There are 16 perfect brackets left amongst all major services. Mine is... not one of them

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Just hights seed would be 3 misses. UF, Baylor Minn. would have been losses

• Options

27-5 in first round ranks 26th. Shocker?!

• Options
    JamesTwitJamesTwit Posts: 422 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

To my amazement I was hanging around 150th and 80+% accurate until today (Saturday at 5PM). More amazingly I filled out my bracket literally 5 minutes before the deadline and really didn't have a clue what I was doing. BUuuut reality sets in. Now around 490 and 50%. When does fall practice start...?

• Options
    edited March 2019

Interesting observation, by dumb luck of course, ranked #10 in the Dawgnation group.....!!!!!

However this ranks 253,000 + among all that used the ESPN bracket across the world.

What does that tell us about us??? HA.

• Options
    edited March 2019

GBAL, my first day losses were Marquette to Murray St, Nevada to UF and Seton Hall to Wofford.

As of this minute I'm still in it for 12 spots in The sweet 16, they are..

Duke

VT

Mich. St.

Villanova

Virginia

Tenn

UNC

Kansas

Kentucky

Michigan

Texas Tech

Gonzaga

• Options
    edited March 2019

I lost Mar and Seaton.... Picked right on FL. Have two of sweet 16 OUT.

• Options

number 61 now! crushing it

• Options
    edited March 2019

There will be a perfect bracket remaining in America after tonight. Three perfect brackets left, and two picked Auburn while the other picked Kansas. I'd say the former should win, considering Auburn leads by 26 at halftime. That's 40 wins in a row, which is a bracket record. One of the bracket's picks for tomorrow:

1 Duke over 9 UCF

4 VT over 12 Liberty

6 Buffalo over 3 Texas Tech

1 Virginia over 9 Oklahoma

12 Oregon over 13 UC Irvine

2 Tenn over 10 Iowa

1 UNC over 9 Washington

3 Houston over 11 Ohio State

🤔

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is there still a million dollar prize offered up to a perfect bracket? I dont watch bb but thought that was done back a few years ago

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I heard Warren Buffett offered $1M per year for the rest of your life if you got the Sweet 16 right. But that's only available to his employees.

• Options

Cousin Sal from Jimmy Kimmel live always offers his house for a perfect bracket

• Options
    edited March 2019

CTDawg - Aren't you assuming the remaining perfect bracket will also pick the other 7 games correctly ?

There may be 0 perfect brackets after today's games.

• Options

The two remaining brackets have only one game different, and I believe that’s Texas Tech vs. Buffalo. True that we could see it end today but all of the other picks are chalk. Gonna be interesting for sure

• Options

I'm in Kearis Jackson place right now