Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Nicolas Claxton Declares for NBA Draft

brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Devastating to hear. He can still return as long as he goes undrafted and doesn’t sign with an agent.

Comments

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Probably not a wise move on his part. Too many guys are going into the draft who are not ready for prime-time.

• SouthGA_DawgSouthGA_Dawg Posts: 227 ✭✭✭ Junior

The deadline to undeclare is May 30th, so if he doesn’t have a good pre-draft process he could come back still

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If he doesn't mind playing in the G league then he's gone. He gets drafted this year because of him being 6'11" if he keeps his name in, but in the middle of the second round and the team that would draft him would try to put him in the G league.

That's pretty much the story. Anybody that thinks he'd be undrafted is kidding themselves. Yante may have been a better player, but you can't teach being 6'11" and long. If he doesn't mind being in the G league for a year or two he is gone.

• MinnesotaDawgMinnesotaDawg Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ugh. That really sucks. IMO, could have gained a lot...in terms of development and exposure...if he returned.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Really stinks for the recruiting class that’s coming in. Thought he’d help with his length, as they recruited a bunch of 6’4”-6’6” guys.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

At least he didn’t “Felicia it” and announce on the eve of signing day.

• LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Need to find a big man for 2019, not to mention a PG.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kid has a rude awakening coming if he goes pro. Needs another year in Athens

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Savhir Wheeler is on his visit rn. top 100 PG trending our way.

• ChicagoDawgChicagoDawg Posts: 438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think there is still a good chance he plays at UGA next year. If he is invited to compete with the other NBA prospects he will learn from the experience, but he is not ready to contribute to an NBA team as a player. He should come back, add strength to his upper body, work on his offensive game and perhaps he will be a legit 1st rounder next year.

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m not too shocked by this. I think just about any kids should put his name in the draft since you can return if you don’t sign an agent. I believe he will be back but it’s nice to test the waters.

• DipDawgDipDawg Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

i don’t follow bball recruiting like I follow football recruiting, but it seems like we could use a big man in this class after Claxton declaring for the draft. Crean is bringing in a bunch of good guards but we’re gonna need a 4/5 to hold down the paint

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I dont see how this benefits him. He gets pushed around still in college. His game is at small forward. A jazillion small forwards in this years draft.