Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

New Orleans drew the rights to Zion Williams, will Anthony Davis stay with The Pelicans now ?..

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He wanted to leave because he didn't see an opportunity to win in New Orleans, I'd say the odds of both staying and winning went WAY UP with a lucky ping pong ball.

Comments

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Totally agree. Everyone was talking leading up to the draft about New Orleans possibility trading Davis to whoever won the draft to get Zion. Now they could very well have both.

• JoeClarkJoeClark Posts: 427 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If I were the GM, which I’m not, I’d still trade AD for years of better picks and players this year to put around Zion. Probably one bad rookie year for him and then another lottery pick kind of thing

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's not a bad idea CrazyJoe but the NBA is such a star driven league. If you're the Pels your shortest path to contending is putting pieces around Davis and Williamson. You'd need lots of shooters.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JoeClark. Almost every NBA champion has had at least 2 elite star players. I'd keep Davis and build around him and Williams if possible.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

AD, Jrue, and Zion is a good team. And they can offer him more money. NO should at least try to win with those guys

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No doubt Kasey. AD with Zion, that’s a scary combo right there

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Apparently he still want some to Ben traded

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

YES, with Zion now in tow, Davis and his camp AT LEAST reconsiders his trade demands.

• corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Heck they may trade Zion for another star...or like others have said, trade AD and build a young core.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

AD isn't old...he'd certainly be part of any young core I would think.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anthony Davis won't enter FA until after the season anyway so he may as well do all he can to make it work and c if he an Zion can become in time the NBAs most dominant duo. U need WORLD BEATERS to win an NBA Championship and looks like the "Brow" has been gifted 1in the form of Williamson.

Word is he still wants out

1) see what the Knicks give

or

2) wait till February when more teams can offer good stuff

• AugDawg69AugDawg69 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The pelicans would be fools to trade Zion. Him being at duke showed he’s a team first player. He’s a once in a life time player

edited May 2019

The Pelicans' management team would be foolish to go into next season without some resolution to the Davis situation. Either get him re-signed or buy a big truck to load the booty they'll get in a trade deal.

I'm sure their preference is to re-sign him, he's still very young and they would have the potential to build a dynasty around him and Williams. The risk would be too high to just hold their hand and hope he stays.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Think it’ll still be the Lakers. The Lakers will package the number 4 overall pick along with 1-2 of their young core to NO. Any two of Ball/Kuzma/Ingram for AD. NO needs to get something now because AD is leaving.

I don’t think the Knicks have enough to offer for trade bait. If they get Durant and Kyrie it won’t matter anyway, they’ll be positioned to come out the east annually.

AugDawg69. It's funny that with all ZW's outrageous athleticism it's the small stuff that really makes me think he can be an all time talent. Pick any of the consensus top 20 all time players. They all had the aptitude and skill set to match and often exceed their measurable gifts. When I see Zion block/steal the ball, drive the open floor and make a fantastic bounce pass assist I know he has virtually limitless potential. He needs to get down to between 250lb and 260lb in my opinion to both stay healthy and max out his stamina, quickness and jumping ability.

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Funny thing is, pelicans could’ve had much more if they had just accepted the trade at the deadline. Every day that goes bye they lose leverage

Actually they gain it bc more teams can offer something. Knicks can offer pick 3, Knox, frenchie or Mitchell, smith and they Dallas picks. That’s way better than anything LA can offer

76ers could give a package based around Ben Simmons who’s better than anyone the Lakers are dangling

itll be interesting for sure

If I was looking at a potential deal with The Lakers to move Davis I wouldn't touch Ball, there is far too much potential drama and the kid can't shoot. Ingram is the prize IMO, I'd ask for Ingram, Kuzma and both their 2020 and 2021 1st rd picks.