Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

New Orleans drew the rights to Zion Williams, will Anthony Davis stay with The Pelicans now ?..

2»

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Judasdurant. If The Lakers are still in it New Orleans' leverage is still really strong. They want to play for titles while Lebron still has enough in the tank to dominate. Also Lakers' new management now has the failed 2018/2019 season to inform it, they know the current roster doesn't mesh.

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you're the Hawks, could you put together a package for Davis? Don't know that Schlenk would go for it seeing that GS is the model he came from. They weren't built by selling the farm to get a star.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

All the Pelican fans I talk to down here want to keep Davis along with Williamson. They are saying that combo of the 2 is good for 20-25 more wins next year. If they trade Davis they better get a lot for him or NOLA will see riots in the streets lol. They are saying he is not that unhappy he just wants to contend

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019

No reason to get a rental on a team not ready to compete for titles.

PTDawg. First off I think Davis has veto power over any trade that would evolve him. Second as mentioned anybody that gives up a lot of assets will need something close to iron clad that he'll be there long term, a sign and trade maybe.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

Local news out of NOLA is saying 2000 more season tickets were sold than after last year's lottery, they are saying Davis is odds on to stay after being told Williamson was THE only pick and no way they are trading it.

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd trade him myself. I'd call each teamnalready knowing what I wanted.

Knicks - #3 pick (RJ back with Zion), Knox/ Smith Jr, Robinson, and future picks.

Celtics - Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, a big contract to even expenses, #20 pick, 2022 pick

Lakers - Kuzma, Ingram, Lonzo, and #4 pick

I like the Knicks pick because its a 3 man race for best players in draft and then its a drop off and besides the Celtics Brown and Tatum I dont think theres a more talented player getting traded than RJ at #3.

• corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Of course Pelicans fans want that, but I don't see Zion worth 20-25 more wins for the Pelicans. That would put them at 53-58 wins. No way those two with Holiday are getting that unless AD plays like the MVP. If I'm AD, I still want out. He's only got a few prime years left to cement a legacy.

Ingram, Kuzma and the 4th pick in this year's draft would be mighty tempting if there was an elite prospect at 4 in this draft. As it is that deal might hinge on how Pelicans' management views Ingram, the kid looks pretty special in his own right. Kuzma is good, but not special.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I see the Hawks may go for Reddish. Personally I’d rather have Hachimura

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019

I have to say, I am extremely disappointed with how the lottery played out. Could it have gone any worse for the Hawks? They would have been better off if the Mavs had hit at 4.

edited May 2019

Hachimura is a defensive liability. I can't see adding a poor defender to what was already the worst scoring defense in The NBA going back 28 years. That's right, the last time ANY NBA team gave up as many PPG as The Hawks gave up in 2018/2019 was 28 years ago. They are simply atrocious at defense. Move up and take Hunter or Culver. Both are all around players who can play in a motion offense and both are plus defenders.

As for our 2nd pick in the 1st rd. Please watch highlights of French SF/PF Sekou Doumbouya. Most of those highlights were shot before he turned 18 years old. Now imagine the guy at 21 years old.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've never been that enamored of Hachimura. I think they can do better.

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don’t care: not UGA sports or Atlanta Braves.