Home Diamond Dawgs Baseball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Diamond Dawgs

Comments

• Options
    DGD28DGD28 Posts: 200 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Georgia goes for the mid-week series win again the Jackets at Sun Trust park tonight. I hope to see a lot of dawgs in the house. Dawgs come in ranked number #4 and GT is at #11 so it would be yet another resume builder for us. Go Dawgs!

• Options

Emerson Hancock out this week against Miss. St. for rest (arm soreness). Tough loss, especially in a pivotal series but hopefully he will get the rest he needs and be ready soon.

• Options
    BulldogBobBulldogBob Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman
    edited April 2019

CJ Smith will start Friday with Tony Locey going Saturday. Sunday starter not yet announced. BTW...Dawgs #4 in most current RPI.

• Options
    MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

Elliott will go on Sun. But IF by chance he doesn't bcuz he just started against the nerds, we may see Wilcox, Webb, or Moody. I know with the studs we have some guys get lost, but im telling u as long as his command gets better, Ryan Webb has 1st round stuff without question..I know u dnt tweak things n baseball of ALL sports bcuz the mental side is SO BIG.

But I'd HAVE to go with my 2nd best horse (who will be a 1st rounder) in game 1. If we could get that win, it'd be huge in taking the series. CJ was just WAY off last time. He's 91-92 and not an aspirin thrower like Emerson and Locey. If he can't do his thing with hitting his spots with his change and curve, it could be a short outing bcuz these cats can RAKE! We'll see 2 of the country's best hitters and have to be EXTRA careful with em!

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,038 mod

Moved to the dedicated category for the Diamond Dawgs..

• Options

Wilcox is only gonna get better too fellas :) BTW, did y'all notice Cam heating up? Riley starting to swing it better too. Getting Hancock and Shunky back for the awbarn series is huge. I know it sounds crazy, but with Cam picking it up I'd move him to leadoff and Maxwell to the 5 or 6 hole to knock in more runs. Cam walks so much his OBP is still really good. He's getting hot at the right time of year, and I really think those 2 lineup moves would help. Maxwell just strikes out a TON for a leadoff guy. Saw where CJ won't be back til at least the conference tourny. He'll be a good one, but for this year imo we should ride our best horses instead of looking for that different look from the left side between games 1 and 3 of series. His past 3 starts have been terrible. Plus Hancock will be an overall top pick, Locey will go in round 1, and Elliot could be the best mid week starter in the country. Stick Wilcox in there if needed; that's 3 just sick starting arms!

• Options

@MacDawg15 Wilcox looked untouchable today, sat down 19 in a row at one point I believe.

• Options

He should be illegal in certain states lol. He's downright FILTHY!

• Options

Up to #7 n the nation. We swept the lizards without arguably our best players; Hancock and Shunky. FIND A WAY TO WIN gets said alot this time of year. We're closing in on 40 wins, and hitting that mark in the SEC is salty, but doing it before finishing league regular season play is just " special year" type numbers.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bump, great game so far tonight. On watch ESPN app cast to the TV. 6-1 Dawgs right now.

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

per uga baseball twitter:

Connor Tate with his 2nd 2-run Double, ties career-high with 4 RBI, also had that at UK.

Pitching Change.

T7: Dawgs 11-2

• Options
    HornedDawgsHornedDawgs Posts: 610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Got to love a headline with “thrashing of Auburn” in it

• Options

I hope Emerson gets some run support today. I never worry about him having a bad start. Just usually is going up against opposing Aces n scratching out runs has been tough. But his numbers are INSANE to be 7-2.

• Options

Well, sucks we lost the 2nd game in extras, but we battled in game three to get the series win!

• Options

Yea Cam came up big in that last one. Him getting hot at the right time is huge. Lol Stricklin must have been reading our comments when I said I'd move him to the leadoff spot after getting hot. He walks enough where OBP is the most important thing out of the leadoff spot. Just the fact that the TIME of year he's heating up is big for us. 1 win away from 40, and already matched our win total from last year for SEC play.

I believe this wknd's series win will give us one of the top 8 seeds, n home field for regional and super regional. Emerson was just a lil rusty today because he missed 2 starts. But STILL threw the ball well enough to win. It's gonna be interesting to see if Elliot continues to be our #3 guy because of just how special Wilcox is. But we have 4 guys that can start & give us a chance to win every time we play. Most teams have trouble finding a 3rd guy consistent enough. We've got Bama to wrap up the yr, and just need to stay healthy with the conference tourney coming up. But we're definitely clicking at the right time.