Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What type of music are you into right now?

Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm really hitting a wall trying to find some new stuff I can vibe with. I need some good suggestions. I like literally a little bit of everything. What/who is your go-to right now? Maybe we can make some sub groups like: when you're working out, girllin' hanging with friends, when you're in the car for hours, what you don't want people knowing you listen to, lol. Just anything.

Comments

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,574 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Way to go.

Add Randy Rogers, Robert Earl Keen, Chris Knight, etc.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,574 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

I HATE almost everything my daughter listens to and most of what my son listens to.

But I really LOVE both my kids.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Blues - Muddy Waters, BB, country blues - Mississippi John Hurt.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I'm pushing 40 but I still love listening to pop punk. Been going back to MxPx and old Fall Out Boy lately. Real Friends and State Champs are good current groups.

When I was driving from College Station to Houston I was Jamming to old old Patty Griffin and Sturgill Simpson. And ancient Ronnie Milsap

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

3 words... dead, phish, panic

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hear ya Kasey. Older than that but I listen to everything from Sinatra to Pantera. My dd was talking about how she likes rap music the other day so I plugged in some Eric B and Rakim, she said it was awful. Told her to get out and walk lol

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That’s like the Stoner’s Starter Kit for college kids in Athens. It’s the same as what was being listened to back in the 90’s. Some will stick with the same after leaving Athens, but most people expand their library after entering the work force.

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Been doing the almost monthly run back and forth from ATL to the Gulf coast for many years now. My general on the road playlist runs with everything from easy listening to esoteric. Off the top of my head I'm hearing:

Brubeck, Gourds, John Lee Hooker, Kevin Welsh, Los Lobos, REM, Buddy Miller, Coltrain, Outlaws, Julian Bream, Miles Davis, Capt Beefheart, Hacienda Bros, Debussy, Augustus Pablo, Beck, Randy Newman, John Mayall, Gershwin, Hound Dog Taylor, etc.

Yep I know, not many contemporary artist. Working on that though.

• jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dermot Kennedy

Ben Howard

Matt Corby

Damien Rice

Bon Iver

Kyle Lionhart

• ftn49ftn49 Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I mostly listen to a combination of grunge/alternative and country but some kind of off the beat soundtracks I like right now are "In hell I'll be in good company" the dead south, "sweat" all american rejets, and "rum" brothers osborne.

• RobbieRob14RobbieRob14 Posts: 217 ✭✭✭ Junior

I used to be a lot more into country music, but today's output is terrible. Eric Church is solid gold and is today's version of the outlaws of the past in country. Chris Stapleton has some amazing stuff too, but hasn't been able to top his first album yet.

Other than that, I really like "Texas Underground" or "Red Dirt" country, whatever you want to call it. Robert Earl Keen as @texdawg mentioned is my favorite of that genre right now.

• DCochranDCochran Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, I'll tell my age here but (actually, I'll be 50 in November..lol) I'm still 80s hair bands and classic country...

When I'm feeling rock; The Eagles, REO Speedwagon, Foreigner, Def Leppard, Journey, Lyn Syn, Marshall Tucker band, the Bee Gees (oh, yeah...show em how it's done John Travolta!...lol)

When I'm feeling country; Merle Haggard, George Jones, John Denver, Alabama, Joe Diffe, Hank Williams jr. Waylon Jennings, Earl Thomas Conley, Anne Murray

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I saw Rocketman last week (the movie is straight up incredible) so I’m on my Elton John fix my right now

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Do any of y'all have spotify? Or are you just using Pandora? I think my wife just set up a spotify acct, what are some other good alternatives?

• fitzdawgfitzdawg Posts: 248 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not currently listening to much pop punk but my tastes are cyclical, probably will be back into it in a few months who knows

I always liked The Story So Far on the current side. Dude ranch era Blink 182 still rides.

Hardcore punk is go to but I know most hate it ha

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I own so much of my own music I re-listen to that. I have to really like something new to buy it

• fitzdawgfitzdawg Posts: 248 ✭✭✭ Junior

I enjoy spotify. I had 10,000+ songs on my iTunes but then my ipod crapped out so had to find something else

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ditto, especially with some classic Townes Van Zandt, and Guy Clark, thrown in.