Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Herschel chimes in on Immigration

ChopperChopper Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Comments

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wise man that Herschel.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mods. Please lock or delete this thread. I'd rather not comment other than that.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

Then don't comment. Give it a chance to stay civil or die on its own merits, gets outta hand then well ya know

edited June 2019

dawgnms. This thread is against rules, you should know that. The only way this will stay civil is if one side's views dominate, we've seen that before. How many times have I expressed views in threads that were politically unpopular here ? how did those threads evolve ?

Show me the rule please. So your view is the only one that counts as you want it closed/deleted. What part of do not comment did you not understand

edited June 2019

So one sided politics are ok, only descension gets a thread closed...got it. Let's pretend this isn't a hot button issue where barbed insults almost always occur when debated.

edited June 2019

See you just cannot refrain from posting in it. HW voiced his opinion and it made the news....so what....like I said it gets outta hand it will get shut down......now if another Mod wants to close it up that is fine by be but I ain't gonna do it so save your breath

• GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

California already has the highest top end income tax rate at 13.3% with most residents paying in the range of 9.3-10.3%. I don't live there so it's not my place to say they're right or wrong but I have to wonder that without the tourism economy and all the tech industry propping up the state, how incentivized are people going to be to keep living there when you lump another tax on top of them?

You put this same policy into effect in say, Nebraska and that dog aint gonna hunt.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    No political rants is the rule. This thread hasn't broken that rule yet and it's the general section. We all know this thread won't end with civil discourse though. Just seems like a bad idea

Yale. You and I have been involved in several discussions from opposite perspectives that went south in a hurry. This is a bad idea and in my opinion Mods give the OP's opinion tacit approval by allowing the thread to stay open.

Yeah I agree WC, but might as well give it a chance at this point.

You all enjoy your completely one sided discussion.

See you cannot help yourself, you just have to continue until you get your way. It was not the OP's opinion he was posting a news item about HW's opinion and the OP made NO COMMENT one way or the other.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod
    edited June 2019

Just an FYI, this is @JeffSentell 's rule regarding this:

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

Violate any of this and the Mods will do their thing.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Someone explain why you/they want to **** up this forum by having political topics here. What is gained by that? How does that help the UGA community? And who cares what Herschel thinks about anything other than football?

• bobbybobby Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ Junior

Herschel sounds like my grandmother. Poor guy.