Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Herschel chimes in on Immigration

Comments

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,038 mod
    edited June 2019
  • Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Blatantly political and destined to cause conflict. As I said I don't think anyone read the flag comment (or if they did did not have the courtesy to respond).

• Options
    jc30116jc30116 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @RedBlackDawg I did a few shows at the Moscone center for AAOS a few years back and they were thinking of pulling out back then because of what you described. Can't say I blame them either. Caught a guy taking a leak beside a truck in the middle of the day and they had us at the marshalling yard where there was automatic gunfire all thru the night. Even the cab drivers wouldn't come into that area. 
  • Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No need for name calling and bickering. People have different beliefs, thought processes, experiences, etc. That’s why we have different religions, political parties and other areas where differences of opinion are manifested.

When I was In the Army, soldiers came from many different backgrounds, but when the sh— hit the fan, we were BROTHERS!

What we have in common is we are all DAWG FANS!

Let’s save our name calling, bickering and hatred for where it belongs: FU, AU, UT, Bama and GT.

GO DAWGS.

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,173 mod

OP posted a news link about an opinion and statement by a former UGA player without any comment. Well within board guidelines until a certain individual took personal offense and tried and still trying to make it out more than it actually is, because we would not bow to his demand that we close it or delete it, even after it was explained that if it got out of hand it would be dealt with.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I find the "take care of our own" line to be incredibly disingenuous coming from Republicans. As soon as the tax cuts were passed, the R's were immediately talking about cutting entitlement programs (social security and Medicare) as a way to reduce the deficit and eliminating social programs in general has always been a priority for conservatives. 
  • Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A certain individual is simply unfit to moderate this board...period.

• Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    He’s like the guy in the back of the room yelling freebird after the band has played it 3 times
  • Options

''automatic gunfire throughout the night'' no, that didn't happen in any city in this country. That would quickly bring out an army of police.

• Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

not the right thread for this but I hate the update that does not allow us to see who voted except for vote ups

• Options
    RedBlackDawgRedBlackDawg Posts: 354 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hmmm...I must have missed that. Care to specify who and when the "R's" were talking about cutting SS and Medicare?? Did the "R's" make any specific proposals

• Options
    RedBlackDawgRedBlackDawg Posts: 354 ✭✭✭ Junior

You might want to rescind the above statement. It happens more than you think. Google machine gun fire in southwest Chicago, September 2017. Last time I checked, Chicago had not seceded from the USA

• Options
    edited June 2019

Anybody with 2 active brain cells knows Immigration is only slightly less polarizing than abortion in this country at this point in our history.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod
    They are electroshocking the devil out of me to not make snarky, incendiary comments...going to bed

yall play nice or aunt bea gonna spank all y’all when she gets home 
  • Options
    edited June 2019

San Francisco had the 66th highest murder rate in major American cities last year. That is far closer the lowest rate than the highest. Also I repeat. There is no way automatic gunfire can go on throughout the night in a city like San Francisco. Cops would be on the scene within minutes.

S.F. does have problems with overt drug use and homeless people though.