Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

Rosemy down to 2 following FU visit. Deleted my link of tweet! He has to wait the obligatory 12 hours before announcing

Is this what the A team recruiters were referring to?

• Options
    Filo_BettoFilo_Betto Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    CKS is building a team that can beat the Bama, Clem, OSU, OUs of the world; Hankton’s WRs need to be matchup problems for DBs in the biggest games a la Justin Ross last year.  That’s the model until Defenses figure it out 
  • Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Defense will be solid this year. Id say we are already ahead of OSU and OK but i get what you are saying

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

I'm actually not dogging him on his recruiting: hence my saying that while he may have been lacking in talent he no longer is with the guys from last year. If we hadn't gotten Pickens I'd feel a bit differently but I don't blame him for Haselwood a bit.

My point was not so much that Hankton isn't doing a good job: honestly IDK enough about coaching WRs to say. More that up until now if he was criticized there were a number of valid reasons to if not outright defend him, to at least suggest the evaluation needs more time: New staff, dealing with players from the last staff, having to make new relationships in recruiting, the system, and naturally learning on the job among others. Look how many quickly jumped in to defend him with such reasons.

I'm not saying a make or break year or even few years, probably a bad choice of words on my part, but that now he's got the talent, he's apparently got some autonomy if he's picking the targets, and it's safe to say he's settled in, so now's the time that the real evaluation can begin.

He could turn out to be the best WR coach the Dawgs have ever had, but I don't think he's thus far shown that's he's either great or bad..just have to wait and see. I don't think it's unfair to give him an INC grade so far.

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019
    Not picking on you @scooterdawg because I don't think you were being overly critical. 

It just seems that people have far less patience with coaches than they do with any other profession or even for their own careers.

The reality with Hankton is that he hasn't been at UGA long enough to deserve a comment that is positive or negative. 

I guess I don't understand what a reasonable time is for a coach to be deemed a success or failure. But the general publics expectations are certainly unrealistic. 

Not suggesting that CKS won't make a hiring mistake - but the guy probably knows what he is doing.
  • Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@scooterdawg I personally see a little more Maclom Mitchell in Rosemy's game. He'll probably bring a little more explosive factor than Ridley did but man Ridley was an all around WR. Blocked well, strong hands and maybe ran the best curl/comeback in the entire draft class.

This discussion has been closed.