Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    He was thought to be good enough last year so I imagine there is even more tape for him from Juco. If Kirby and Warren offer him again I am sure he can play. 
  • NC_DawgNC_Dawg Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Would it be him or Avantae? I still do not understand how the whole scholarship thing works for a player who had one and did not qualify. 
  • SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @Denmen185 or @JeffSentell probably have a better insight here but my understanding is Nadab would count towards 20, not 18.  If he counted towards 18 I’d imagine staff would just welcome him with open arms.

I think I like Williams most and it’s partly because I believe we lead for him.  He’s a smaller kid but versatile.  Can play LS or CB, and based on film could make a nice punt returner like “Joystick” was.  However, Cine will likely be our LS and has the makings of a 1st round pick if the position wasn’t being devalued in NFL.  Cine might be the best we’ve had back there in a long time.  

Thompson is a priority target as well but we trail here.  Thompson is more of a traditional safety, mostly appears to be a replacement option for Reed here but we trail and it’s not looking good.  We are in on Branch now that Warren is here but I like Williams more.  Branch is also more of a traditional safety.

Staff doesn’t look ahead to 21 class but I will.  I’d consider taking Williams in 20, Go all in on David Daniels in 21 for traditional safety.  We have Reese to replace Reed and could cross train someone as backup for the role.
  • SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Thanks, I’ve heard conflicting info on that.  
  • GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does it fill a need at this time? Seems like the safety position is well stocked for the moment. I like the guy and wish him well but the paradigm may have shifted since we originally recruited him.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There will be more need for another safety before most think, especially if our star position continues to be utilized via the safety position.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Then, Kirby has to weigh signing Joseph versus signing a '20 guy (any position of need), 'cause either way a "85" slot is taken. (Posted for us slow lane guys.) Seems like if Joseph is fully suitable, then perhaps he would have already been re-offered/committed? Could Joseph like Bammer so much?

• UWGDawgUWGDawg Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Nadab can play still and looks good on tape, there's no reason we shouldn't consider him. But I'm not sure if he would be at or near the top of the big board as it sits today.

• AugDawg69AugDawg69 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    News not sounding good on Gilbert. Hope it’s all just hype after going to other schools. Hes 100% cannot miss player 
  • bmitcham89bmitcham89 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anyone hear what Jeff said about Gilbert? Chat doesn't seem too pleased. I had it playing in the background while working and missed it. Are we trending down with Gilbert? I know @SoFL_Dawg still has confidence in Gilbert ending up with us, but I was curious to hear Jeff's thoughts and don't want to wait for the podcast to release it. I have angst. lol

• bmitcham89bmitcham89 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jeff Sentel is the link. I imagine @AugDawg69 was listening/watching the DawgNationDailey stream, as was I. I just had it in the background and missed. Curious as to what @JeffSentell said.

This discussion has been closed.