Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

I believe that the 25 will limit this class (remember Wolf and Cager count against the 2020 25 limit) rather than the 85. We lose 16 to graduation and have 4 sure NFL early entrees (Fromm, Swift, Thomas Wilson) and a number of other NFL possibilities (I go with 3 others). I also believe there will be 4 enter the portal by season's end. That would open up 16+4+3+4=27 scholarships with only 23 allowed under the annual rule leaving 4 open to sign Blue Shirts, a player like Nadab or grant a scholly to a PWO etc.

Feels like Tennessee may get him as a WR. Essence was 50/50 on where he ends up was my takeaway.

• GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If he signs to UT as a WR, I wouldn't be shocked if he's moved to DE by the end of his freshman season. I think Pruitt knows his best bet to climbing back to relevance is defense first.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What about Cine & Reese, give Nadab a “redshirt” year to get back into form in 2020.

2021, a mixture of the 3 or if Reese were to turn pro, Nadab at “free” and Cine at “strong”. (“” are because UGA doesnt run a traditional safety set per say but want to position them).

Wouldnt be DE, that would be a quick portal walk. Pruitt would persuade him to Flex TE rather quickly though

• GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You're probably right but I bet he'd at least test the waters and apply some pressure.

I think he took his RS year in 2018 to concentrate on academics so will have 3 years to play 3.

• NomadDawgNomadDawg Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I could be wrong about this, but I thought a player only had 5 years total once they enrolled, which includes any college, even JUCO, and is not constrained to being on the team (exception for extreme outliers like late med reds). Nadab burnt 2018 as a JUCO student and will be a JUCO player in 2019.

Wouldn't he only have 3 years (2020-2022) of eligibility left? I know you didn't mean a true RS year to keep him 5 years, but seems he should be used in every game possible to get him up to speed for 2021 and 2022. Otherwise it seems like a waste to take him over a recruit that could take that spot, get up to speed his RS Fresh year, and contribute for 3 (or 4) years.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lost me with "..with only 23 allowed under the annual rule ....." Why isn't the annual limit 25 this and every year (excluding the alleged extra slots to make up 'short' prior years)?

My point is that if UGA has a 25 limit for 2020, signing Nadab may impact the ability to sign all 25 due to Nadab taking one of the 85 hard limit. Is all.

I fully agree with what your saying. A guy with more years and similar talent is a better take in most cases.

To me, the story of sticking with a kid through the kong haul could help on the trail too.

My “RS” comment was merely meant as a get back in the swing of things season. Lots of STs work, and some 4th quarter work to get him primed back up.

Some Juco guys are 1 and dones too though, as the staff is hoping JJ could be. Maybe Nadab could be just that good after a year of seasoning ?

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,553 admin
    edited June 2019

Generally speaking: The NCAA eligibiliity "clock" starts from the moment you enroll. All student-athletes are given five academic years to play four seasons.

The only other possibility would be the rare NCAA medical exception for a sixth year. Comes with a season-ending injury.

edited June 2019

Also need to know number of scholarship players leaving which could easily exceed the number than can be taken per the annual limit (23). In that case it would not impact the "pure 2020 signee" number. Can have cake and eat it. Also looking ahead to the 2021 class, we could lose a bunch of the 2018's to the NFL. Kirby needs to be wary of bringing in Grad trans, Blue shirt etc. to fill any 85 open scholarships. Don't need to limit 2021 annual limit.

I am thinking the lack of movement on Rosemy's CB is a good sign. There is zero picks for UF and the Lead expert and Miami Insider Andrew Ivins still has UGA as his pick. I will start to worry if and when he changes his CB.

• insertusernamehereinsertusernamehere Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Cager and Wolfe count towards the 25 for 2020 leaving only 23 spots??

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

If we get Theo, and one other TE I will talk myself into it. Good post

Just finished listening to Dawgs365 podcast. Jake Reuse thinks UT going to be tough for Arik and Burch is leaning Scar. In response to question about when will Rosemy commit he said there will be one later this week but not Rosemy.

This discussion has been closed.