Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @chattdawg who was he talking about? milton?
  • Options
    bmitcham89bmitcham89 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Did y’all see this kid? I understand we are stacked at LB. but how is this kid 100% CB Auburn when he’s from same area as Fromm and Hill and could possibly play Star/Safety?

This Wesley Steiner is a freak athlete

• Options
    @bmitcham89 the guy is an athlete. here’s the difference between UGA and Auburn. Georgia needs more play-now type guys. Steiner might be one of the most athletic guys out there, but his ability and IQ could be not as high as other targets. Barn’s lack of talent allows for them to take more “project” type guys (Schwartz, Pappoe, etc) 

Had TE not been one of the most biggest needs in 2020, Steiner would probably be in this class.
  • Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    mantis_toboggan69mantis_toboggan69 Posts: 264 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    ngl @brentwilson I take issue with the entirety of that post
  • Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Dang Milton gave it away lol we all knew though 
  • Options
    Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I had him in my mock back in April but as far as getting on the field ASAP he'd need a little more time than Sewell or Flowe IMO. It's just a numbers thing. If we could take 2 he may be higher on the board but it's clear staff is targeting dudes that fit a very specific bill. I really like him though

• Options
    NC_DawgNC_Dawg Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Anyone know when all the recruits rankings will be updated for their opening performances?
  • Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Anyone capture Tank’s official 40 time yet?
  • Options
    Tahoma2StepTahoma2Step Posts: 252 ✭✭✭ Junior

@SoFL_Dawg how do we like our chances with Sewell, honestly. I am trying hard not to get attached because i dont want the let down. I am starting to really like this kid! Everything about him!

• Options
    fibonaccisquaredfibonaccisquared Posts: 43 ✭✭✭ Junior

"But thanks for playing along."

I don't post here often, and my guess is you were just looking to make a snarky comment, but if you really care, I'll help clarify it for you...

original: "I think too many insiders are calling it for Uga not to get Milton."

vs

modified: "too many insiders are calling it to Georgia for us to miss on him"

I was attempting to keep the original structure while clarifying... frankly it would have been better worded as:

Too many insiders at this point have him going to UGA for this to be a big troll and us end up whiffing...

As written, the reader could see that original option as "insiders are calling for UGA to not get Milton".

My altered version at least has "insiders calling it to Georgia" - clearly delineating what direction they believe he will go, before discussing chances or lack thereof of missing...

Back to your regularly scheduled programming kids.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    for anyone offended by my post. i had just worked a 6 hour shift, got off at 12 last night, i was delirious. i’m embarrassed i even said anything that ****. i’ve got to start cutting myself off at like 11 before i say something even worse.
  • Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Personally I didn't really find it offensive... like, at all. You didn't say that Steiner or other Auburn players were stu.pid or unable to play football; UGA is hand picking a lot of its players now and they've chosen the guys they think fit best.

Both schools are always expected to "compete" for championships, but Georgia and Auburn are on different planets right now. They don't even know if they want to keep their head coach. Auburn's roster affords them the chance to take on less-developed players at the moment, nothing false about that statement.

• Options
    EvilSamPittmanEvilSamPittman Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey the comment above has no place on this forum

This discussion has been closed.