Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The best NBA team in Los Angeles for the 2019/2020 season ?

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited July 2019 in Basketball

With The Clippers adding both Leonard and George to a team that went 48-34. They gave up 2 good young players but the net is a big plusThe Lakers adding Anthony Davis to team with Lebron, this just got real interesting.

I'm going with The Clippers. They were already quite good. Now they've added 2 of the most complete players in The NBA. Both can pretty .much do it all and they are arguably 2 of the top 5 defensive players in the league. The team was the 5th highest scoring team in the league last year, they just tacked on at least a net plus 8 ppg.

The best NBA team in Los Angeles for the 2019/2020 season ? 34 votes

The Lakers
20%
judasdurantmanateedaveUga97YaleDawgSavageDAWG1SouthGA_Dawgbbyrne 7 votes
The Clippers
79%
donmnickcreighton5ihateusernamesThelordjohnsoninsertusernameherePTDawggreshamdiscoKirb_your_enthusiasmjay_kubzzDGDinNYCcoastaldawgWCDawgSoFL_DawgumoonerDipDawgVALDOSTADAWGTeamNeemMeR3htidGeauxDawgsSicEmDawg94 27 votes

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod
    Gallinari went to OKC in the Paul George trade
  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    The Clippers

Kasey. my bad, I should have done my research. Gilgeous-Alexander was already a top defender at 20 years old, so they gave up a lot, but they still got considerably better. The only question now is who plays PG.

The Clippers

Geez, now ESPN has removed the details of the trade from their article. They had listed Gilgeous-Alexander along with Gallinari as part f the trade, now there's no mention of it. I should have finished my coffee and given it time to develop.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    The Clippers
    Patrick Beverly will b the starting PG and the head of a insanely venemous snake. Lou Williams will most capably b the tail of the snake as 1 of the premier players and closers in the league and will team up with Leonard and George to finish off all challengers in crunch time to close games. The Clippers (Health permitting) absolutely should enter next season as CLEAR Title favorites over whatever the Lakers can cobble together around James and Davis.
  • SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    The Clippers
    Still think Clippers will need a pure shooter.  Green is going to the lakers so I don’t know who else is out there.
  • judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    The Lakers
    I think some people are forgetting who lebron is when healthy. I love kawhi, he’s become my new favorite player within the last few months. But lebron is still lebron and the lakers aren’t done signing players yet.

Bron is at least = kawhi

AD = PG

Kuz is better than Montrezl

Just signed green and KCP. Maybe getting boogie or rondo too. 
  • KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod
    Lebron ain’t getting any younger. He’s still really good, but he isn’t the same as he was. Lot of tread on those tires
  • mantis_toboggan69mantis_toboggan69 Posts: 264 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    It’ll never hurt to add more, but I think they already have one in Landry Shamet. Shot 42% from three on 396 attempts last year.

The Clippers
    The Clippers as we sit here today again, r CLEAR Title favorites for obvious reasons. To me Kawhi and LeBron r basically a wash. Anthony Davis is better than Paul George but not by a landslide. George is a top 10 player in this league. The Clippers also have a super charged supporting cast surrounding those 2 led by Lou Williams, Patrick Beverly, Moe Harkless and Montrez Harrell. I love LeBron and he and K.A.J. r the 2 best players to ever live but the Clippers may have just slammed shut his Championship window for good. Sorry Laker fans. 😎😎😎
    The Clippers

Mantis. The only team that shot 3 pointers at a higher rate than either George or Leonard this past season was GS. Both are slight net pluses on 3pt shots and both are really good mid-range shooters, which Leonard proved is still a big asset in the playoffs.

The Clippers
    Glad to see you agree. 😂😂😂
    The Clippers
    Lakers just signed Boogie!!! Man this is getting good!!! Lakers exceptionally deep in top end role players to support LeBron and AD. Javale McGee, Boogie Cousins, Kentavious Caldwell Pope, Kyle Kuzma, Quinn Cook, Danny Green and I have no idea how they'll fill out the rest of roster with or who's available but a combo guard who can hit 3s and capably defend both backcourt positions would b my guess. Lakers my new favorite all of a sudden. Stay tuned.
  • ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    The Clippers
    Anthony Davis is guaranteed to get hurt so I dont really put him in biggest difference maker category. Boogie I think can bounce back. But Kawhi and George together (bet Indiana regrets trading Kawhi away) add in Pat Bev, Lou Will perennial 6th man, Shemet coming off a good rookie year... Then the big center Lakers gave away and Harrell clean up good.
    The Clippers
    It's too late for me to change my vote here but I gotta go with the Lakers here in light of the Boogie signing which hadn't yet happened when WC started this thread but a Hungry motivated Boogie headlining a second unit with "DGD" Kentavious Caldwell Pope, Quin Cook and whoever else they can pickup off the scrap heap should b enough to push the Lakers over the top.
    The Clippers

Cousins may or may not be healthy at some point next season. That's why The Lakers got him for 3.5 million. They took a flyer n him.

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    The Clippers

The Davis-Cousins tandem worked pretty well before Boogie got hurt in 2017, iirc. Now imagine replacing Solomon Hill and Nikola Mirotic with Lebron James. That's what we've got now.

edited July 2019
    The Clippers

If Cousins gets healthy enough to be his old self this coming season The Lakers will easily have the biggest, most powerful front court in the league. Ten years ago that would probably have made them dominant. In the perimeter centric NBA of the past few years it's not clear how it would stack up against teams whose strengths are full court offense and perimeter defense though. The Clippers now have a Jordan/Pippen type of elite all court defender and offensive tandem. The Clippers look more like a 2019 NBA contender, but who can say how The Lakers will work together.

As CTDawg mentioned, Davis and Cousins worked well enough together in New Orleans, but The Pelicans probably were never top tier. We all know how Lebron transformed every team he's been on till last year's Lakers team though. So stay tuned, it should be very interesting.

The Clippers
    And please, PRETTY PLEASE, don't underestimate the Rondo signing. He'll provide the type of grit and fire from a leadership perspective that Draymond gives the Warriors and similar to what Rodman provided for the Bulls back in the day. NOW!! IF they can somehow find enough coin to ink Andre what's his name from Memphis (Fat chance though) go ahead and hang banner #17 in Staples. RIGHT NOW!!!
    The Clippers

It's Andre Igloo-dollar.

• TeamNeemTeamNeem Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior
    The Clippers

Lakers are going to be extremely injury prone relying on guys like AD, Boogie, Rondo, and a 35 yr old Lebron James. Ignoring that and assuming that somehow the Lakers get through the regular season unscathed, the Clippers are way deeper than the Lakers and depth has been extremely crucial in any postseason run. The Lakers 5 might be able to hang with the Clippers but their bench is going to hemorrhage points. I do think that the Clippers will have a lot of difficulty guarding AD but with Kawhi and PG, Lebron is going to have a tough time imposing his will.