Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

16+1+11= 28 and doesn't include names like Herring/Cleveland/Kindley/Robertson/LeCounte/Daniels/Johnson/Beal/Grant

Just because a guy doesn't set the world on fire doesn't mean he won't test the NFL waters as soon as possible. Leaving any of the above names out of a discussion on possible departures from the team would be negligent. Not suggesting that I have any inside info as to whether any of these guys will leave, just saying that they are eligible in addition to the names previously mentioned.

• Options
    Mia_Dade06Mia_Dade06 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To be honest I’m actually surprised more players behind on the depth chart haven’t been portaled yet. Second and third year players.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dgd829

I certainly believe that at least 25 scholarships will be vacated before this time next year although I don't think the number of early NFL are going to be anywhere close to the 13 you suggest possible. That's why I have been saying that the class size will be constrained by the 25 annual limit of which we have already used 2. Assuming that Holloman is not replaced, or at least not in a way that further reduces our 2020 signing class, I see us taking 23 positional players and having Zirkel enroll on the first day of fall practice 2020 as the first member of our 2021 class. The only other that I am aware of is Joseph who has already been counted as a 2018 recruit. That is about the only way we get to 25 unless we have another blue shirt such as a a Grad Transfer or someone like Harris who could come in also on first day of fall practice (it may take that long to qualify given the late reclass to 20) and also be a 2021 recruit.

• Options
    Mia_Dade06Mia_Dade06 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Buying in waiting their turn. You only need one good year to be found by the NFL eyes. Keep building that quality depth.

Oh and almost forgot about Holloman until just mentioned in that last post. What a time to be a dawg when you can lose a star player and forget about it a few weeks later. So much talent on this team it’s unreal.

• Options
    IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So do we expect anyone to commit before Kendall Milton in the 29th? I’ll guess that we don’t

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    AugDawg69AugDawg69 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What about a decommitment before Milton announcement ? Gonna go with a gut feeling JB will be going to LSU

• Options
    DawgNutDawgNut Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How long can we keep the 25 vs 23 spots debate going? I've only seen one poster state that Cager and Wolf count towards the 20 class. Can anyone else confirm that?

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think we have 30 scholarships to fill by the end of spring practice 2020 (before non-EE 2020 recruits enroll). The 85 number is the only number NCAA really cares about. The 25 number is unrealistic in today’s day of the transfer portal and the ever increasing number of early entrants to the NFL Draft.

• Options
    Big_jamon_dawgBig_jamon_dawg Posts: 14 ✭✭ Sophomore

Saw on the LSU board that van pran is expecting a child soon and might be more inclined to stay in Louisiana for college. Hope that’s not true

• Options
    ihateusernamesihateusernames Posts: 402 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It seems like I’m in the minority on this, but I would be perfectly happy with a class of 20-22 guys. I would rather have one more year of a Ben Cleveland for example than banking on the potential of a recruit.

I know players are going to declare to go pro and transfer out, but if I’m a coach I would rather have a senior year from a future 4th to 7th round pick than the freshman year of a guy who could be a future first round pick, but is more likely to be a 4th thru 7th round pick themselves.

Plus, I feel like it’s easier to recruit a guy to stay an extra year than convincing a high school senior to join your program.

Anyways thanks for the fun reads, and GO DAWGS!

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think most of us prefer starters staying their 4th or 5th years, but realize it's just not going to happen. Hopefully, with several making what appears to be bad decisions to turn pro early will help those borderline prospects stick it out. Granted, they need to do what they think is best, but never hurts to learn from others before you.

This discussion has been closed.