Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• jusdowelljusdowell Posts: 148 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Would y’all rather have Theo/Darnell or Arik/ Large as our tight end class this year🧐

• KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

Can somebody tell me where large came from, and why we should be so excited about him? Hadn’t even heard of him until recently and now apparently Hartley is high on him. I feel like I missed something.

For me, it’s Theo and Darnell. Probably want Arik more than any of them, but not knowing who this Large kid is tipped the scales.

• NoahSewellFanClubNoahSewellFanClub Posts: 593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Arik and Darnell. Hopefully if we can grab both, Theo ends up in Pennsylvania. Keep the entirety of the crazy TE class out of the rest of the SEC

• dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019
  • AugDawg69AugDawg69 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I look at it like this. All 3-4 are elite TEs. I know it’s not the best thing to do but I try to imagine where they’ll land if they don’t go to UGA. I’d rather Arik go Tenn than DW going to Alabama. Where as, Theo will prob go to PSU.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cam Large is more of a traditional TE and not a flex, not to say he cant catch though.

We have been in on him for awhile now and i believe he was at Gday and Scavenger Hunt.

• umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You should be excited about him, because otherwise you would be disappointed about not landing 2 top 5 TE’s, which would be kind of ridiculous. Also, we need a larger TE...we’re not entitled to Washington.

• KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I mean, I know you’re right. And maybe my post shouldn’t be taken literally. Whoever we get I’m sure I’ll be excited about, I’m just trying to get some info on a process that seems to have a lot of moving parts.

I’m not sure if you’ve seen all of the recent posts, but basically, the thinking is that’s Gilbert and Washington may not be on board with playing together. With that in mind, Theo and AG are probably too similar players, and since AG is the priority, pairing him with a guy like Large makes more sense.

• NoahSewellFanClubNoahSewellFanClub Posts: 593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If this is the case, I would rather have the staff pursue Darnell and Theo. Arik can go play WR at bottom-dweller UT. Darnell has shown us nothing but love recently.

Yeah, I understand that. AG is an elite in-state guy though, and he is seen as the most ready to contribute immediately, which I believe is a big deal for our staff considering who is leaving and our depth chart.

On a personal level, I really like Theo Johnson though, so I understand.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good gosh o mighty, over half a million clicks so far, congrats FPD.

This discussion has been closed.