Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• ancientdawgancientdawg Posts: 249 ✭✭✭ Junior

SoFl_Dawg. will I get my wish Milton and Tank, or is it going to be the lineman from Louisiana. From the player texts it's hard to tell. With Milton it could even be his buddy in Fla.

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not mad at anybody, newer folks might not know the deal here. Like Jeff has said before, for the sake of preserving others' professions, drop a summary, throw some "wink-wink" hints down, but maybe don't spell it out word for word.

Imagine being a recruit's proud mom and coming on here just to see that somebody she's never met already spilled the beans on a private announcement. Let other sites be other sites, imho.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,574 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Most kids need a reality check. But it's still a big deal.

But I've been there. I get it. Those that haven't may not get it.

But then again - who cares - it's just kids.

• dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

75% of what coaches say to recruits is lies.

I went through it.

Gilbert is talented enough to play 4 different positions in college at an elite level, so get him signed and let him start out at what ever position he wants! If he can play WR in college and prove everyone wrong then let him! I just don't think UGA should be so stubborn on this one. That's all im trying to say! We wouldn't be lying to the kid, I think we should give him every opportunity to play WR. If he wants to transfer out bc he can't get on the field, then so be it, but I think our current level of recruiting allows us to take a chance on taking Gilbert as a WR and seeing what happens.

edited August 2019

Where in the world did you come up with 75% of all coaches lie.

This conversation has gone on way too long.

Thankfully what you suggest has a zero % chance of happening.

This night has just gotten s.t.u.p.i.d.

• sarceansarcean Posts: 192 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 2019

We come to this thread to find out where recruits are going which is hopefully UGA.

Any information about where a recruit is going I hope its posted -- unless its truly inside information that must be kept confidential. If pay sites are saying a player is committed then of course it should be allowed here. Us UGA fans that read threads like this are the 1% and the vast majority of UGA fans will still be surprised when someone commits if its "spoiled" on a few message boards. We don't come in threads like this for **** and giggles...

• ancientdawgancientdawg Posts: 249 ✭✭✭ Junior

It will be OK Text dog.

Thanks for the info SoFl_Dawg

• dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

They talk to 100-200 kids a cycle and only sign 25. at some point every single one feels like a take, but when signing day rolls around 75% don't still have the option. the other 12.5% sign elsewhere even though we would take them if they wanted to come.

Good point. I've just seen how important it is.

It'll be important to my daughter when she decides where she wants to play softball - and no one outside of family will care.

And it will be important to my son - when possibly more people will care.

I'm just saying it's important.

But I seem to be fighting too many battles on here tonight.

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We didn’t lie to Felicia but he still felt jilted. He was expecting to be elevated to the starting job when he was told he’d be given an opportunity. If there is a fear of immaturity if that happens with any kid the juice isn’t worth the squeeze. If we tell someone they will compete and they get passed over it’s suddenly the coaches fault for the kid not starting when in reality he never should have been in that position or he lost out to someone more talented.

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

SoFlo am I reading this post correctly. Lol I know this is an impossible question for you to answer, but I deciding I'm not reading it correctly. Nm

This discussion has been closed.