Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Braves Ongoing Season Comments Thread..

Comments

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

...the fact of the matter is we've found out that base hits are not simply just base hits, like your muh muh old school eye test says. There are non-legitimate base hits to us younger people. Like that weak grounder by Cruz to no man's land, or another jam shot single in that inning, or that jam shot in the 9th.

4 of those runs got set up on all the weak hits that you can eat. There are hits that are BS hits. They're real and you don't want to buy it. That's the thing that you're not getting and it's why you're hating me.

Actually a pretty big game by Soroka, but I'm mad again because the legitimacy of a base hit is coming up again here. And my feeling is there are hits that are not legit. They're weak BS hits.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You're seriously FOS on this one. He made a mistake on 1 pitch and you act like you've proved something, it's ridiculous.

edited August 2019

I'm not trolling. It's been you that isn't getting that hits can sometimes be BS weak hits. I'm being serious. Some hits are BS and you see all hits as real. They're not real, legit, "he got me" hard hits.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 29,256 mod

Don’t look now...Mets only 2.5 back in the wild card

I'm done with your lame BS, stay if you please, but I won't respond to your non sense again.

I can keep going at this all night, but you're going to have to realize that not all hits are real hits. They're BS, weak grounders, bloops to no man's land, or jam shots.

Yes, that's reinventing the way baseball was scored for years, but that's a real thing that we look at now, and it can even be looked at in statcast. How hits are measured.

• KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think you're both right tonight. Soroka rolled well and got bad ball in play luck and sequencing luck in the 4th. Was in control the majority of the game but 4 singles in a row, 3 of which were bloopy and one was a bad play by camargo, hurt him. Thats just unlucky and is that whole not all hits are created equally.

Unlucky things happen and I wouldn't say Soroka had a bad start like @WCDawg may have thought I was implying. I am just hoping he can adjust his approach and find a way to get 1-2 more K/9 to mitigate some of the ball in play bad luck. Teams are definitely keying onto his sinker early in the count because he throws it so frequently early in counts, trying to pitch to contact. When you do that you leave yourself open for bs innings like the 4th.

Real issue is our offense has seriously stalled and BP hasnt figured it out still. It isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things and we shouldn't over react because every team can stall in a long season. But really hoping they start rolling again come the home stretch and layoff run.

@WCDawg

GOOD! You're even lamer than me anyway since you're not going to get it. All you do is just use your muh muh old school eye test when it has been out of date for 20 years! Some hits are not real hits, and you don't measure pitchers by ERA, WHIP, BB/9, and W/L anymore. Or hitters by batting average and on base percentage either. There's more that you can look at! But you're just going to keep on with just looking at that, so we can go our separate ways.

edited August 2019

Btw, sorry mods but I'm pretty mad tonight and I've had debates over with baseball, the old school vs the advanced analytics and being able to look back easier at things.

You can give me a warning if you'd like.

Edit: I'm self banning myself for at least a month, if not longer, but still, I'm sorry, but not all base hits are created the same. There are hits that are lucky hits and I'm going to stand by it. Yes, it throws out how baseball has been measured for years, but there are hits that are lucky hits.

If the Mets make the playoffs and somehow vindicate all their decisions over the last year i think my brain will explode.

Then again, the Mets getting close and being 1 game away would also be peak Mets.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 29,256 mod
    edited August 2019
    edited August 2019

No, one of us is right, the other is utter nonsense. Pitchers give up runs, that goes for every pitcher who has ever lived or will live in the future. The kid hung a pitch, it got hit, end of story.

Y’all aren’t even arguing the same thing this time though it doesn’t make any sense

This discussion has been closed.