Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Stop knocking the “complaining”

TMDawg7TMDawg7 Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It’s the first game of the year national championship expectations. Our own coach talked about havoc and being more prolific and scoring points. That’s why tonight is a little bit of a let down. Doesn’t make us any less fans. In my opinion which doesn’t mean a lot we’re all starved for that national title. Just out talenting teams isn’t going to cut it. @texdawg this isn’t aimed at you specifically, I get your a coach and appreciate your knowledge but not everyone looks at things the same way this place would be boring if they did. From watching it live all this talk of DO MORE and I feel like we just did the same. But hey college football is back and there should be less talk about off topic stuff. Got the W tonight and football is back, everyone enjoy the rest of your weekend and GO DAWGS!

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Well we didn’t play like Florida last week. So there’s that.

Sure the offense sputtered a little in the second half, but maybe they didn’t want to empty the whole playbook when they have a comfortable lead.

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with this. But will admit , I'd like to see the killer instinct a little more. Or better put, if its clicking and they can't stop it, we dont stop it.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I too wanted to see more last night, but it didn’t happen. I think all the overreacting from one game is silly. We were getting the kinks out. There’s no preseason in college football.

Or there is, and our real season starts against ND in two weeks

• SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's pretty typical to overreact to one game when you only have one have to react to.

I think having rewatched (almost) all of last year's games fairly recently changes our view a little. A lot of what I thought was missing from last season, I saw either improvement or potential for improvement last night. The run defense, while not perfect, was clearly better. Plus, I saw enough from Quay that I think he'll be a player. And if Dean is healthy, I think Tae will see minimal reps by mid season. Add in Monty looking a step faster and I'm happy with where our inside backers and and will be soon enough. That was a huge concern from last season for me.

As not to go on too long, I thought the defense looked really fast last night. With reps and cleaning up penalties, I think this defense will be great by November and December (and January?).

• 101ina45101ina45 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm no football expert, but that one play where Vandy's RB took Tae Crowder for a ride hurt to watch.

• UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought we were explosive on our first 3 possessions (all tds), then we sat on the lead. Defense played really well, except for some stup!d penalties.

There was no way Kirby was going to run up the score on Derek Mason, he respects him way more than that. However, there are plenty of opponents on our schedule that, I think, Kirby will have no problem running up the score on.

• DawgNutDawgNut Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I used to buy this logic but people were saying the exact same thing last year before the LSU game. We got down in that game and couldn't make the explosive plays needed for a comeback. I'm just tired of this excuse and what plays could they possibly run that opposing coaches couldn't find tape on from the past few seasons?

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

LOL, none of us are football experts. I think most just played, coached or watched the game enough to have a surface level understanding.

Vaughn is a beast bro. If he were in red and black, he’d probably start for us last night. He took a few for a ride last night.

• deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod

Weird game. Score is not reflective of how dominant the dawgs were. I think the best part is that our mistakes are what held the score low. The problems should be fixable. Uga dictated its will in all 3 phases. I'm happy and if your complaining now it's going to be a long season. The dawgs looked the best to me out of the top 3. Bama and clemson clearly struggled a little bit while the dawgs looked legit from the get go.

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There not much Tovar’s complain about last night. It’s week 1, **** penalties from playing hard I can live with. The defense really responded well to adversity every time last night which was great to see. Offense did sputter but that is expected when you’ve are trying to see how guys will look out there.

3rd down stat not time to panic many times Fromm took a check down instead the of forcing something which could have easily lead to turnover and a shift in momentum. Offense will work out kinks the next 2 weekends.

• OroValleyDawgOroValleyDawg Posts: 245 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

turn those second half FGs in to TDs and all would be well in Dawg Nation. Kearis fumble hurt and hurt more now that we know he was injured on it.

The Great Wall is really good at power run blocking but that size and lack of foot speed can be exploited by defenses that stem (movement just before the snap) blitzes and stunts. Texas did it in the bowl game and Vandy did it tonight

The D was flying around which is good. I will live with the penalties because they were made while playing aggressively. We do need to do our job first and stay home. We were not good on counters and reverses, plays meant to hurt overly aggressive defenses.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Vaughn wouldn't beat out Swift. He might be about where Herrien is though.